• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I think being able to tap the spot you want the navi to go to would work really well, and it'd allow you the teleportation style movements a lot of the boss/enemies had that you didn't aside from some chips.

Even if they went with the directional button on the screen, I don't think you'd lose much speed at all.
Good luck having the final bosses from BN2 or 3, or any Bass fight, or ProtomanFZ with touch controls in the 3x3 grid. All of them require super quick side stepping and either dodging in criss cross patterns or in L-shapes. At this point it's easier to go the Starforce route and just have right/left movement and a guard button.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Good luck having the final bosses from BN2 or 3, or any Bass fight, or ProtomanFZ with touch controls in the 3x3 grid. All of them require super quick side stepping and either dodging in criss cross patterns or in L-shapes. At this point it's easier to go the Starforce route and just have right/left movement and a guard button.

All you have to do is play the IOS version of the rhythm game Jubeat and you'll have enough speed with your fingers to dodge that stuff :P

ElectricHonoredHartebeest-max-1mb.gif

Can't you connect controllers to mobile platforms? Could go that route too.

PsionBolt

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be all the way down for a new Battle Chip Challenge. I've played through that game like ten times, I unironically think it's great.
Star Force fans keep crying in the corner like usual
This is such a missed opportunity, though! Star Force retains everything mobile-friendly about Battle Network (notably, the gacha potential), then adds on even more things that beg for a mobile entry. Star Force's simpler inputs and over-the-shoulder, three-lane perspective could translate amazingly well to vertical-orientation phone gameplay. If the game does retain action elements, I'd much rather it be Star Force style than Battle Network style.

Last edited:

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Battle Network on mobile seems like a good fit, but I really don't want to play on a phone.

Come on Capcom, at the very least please make it multiplatform.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
i would have gladly waited 165 days for an X9 annoucement....

but 165 days for mobile? It probably means even more to get a real console game again

hopefully there's more than one announcement

Oct 25, 2017
This is such a missed opportunity, though! Star Force retains everything mobile-friendly about Battle Network (notably, the gacha potential), then adds on even more things that beg for a mobile entry. Star Force's simpler inputs and over-the-shoulder, three-lane perspective could translate amazingly well to vertical-orientation phone gameplay. If the game does retain action elements, I'd much rather it be Star Force style than Battle Network style.
Starforce Star Carrier is way closer to smartphones than BN PETs too. Not to mention they predated social networks and apps like Miitomo, 43Things, HabitShare, Secret, Whisper, Truth, etc

It lacks the nostalgia pull and the more accepted art direction though.

Oct 25, 2017
So, bumping the thread because Max and some other FGC streamers are showing off a mobile card game by Capcom codenamed Project Battle.

There's a lot of Megaman X in it (X, Aila, Colonel, Axl, Mettaurs, many bosses), and no Classic, EXE or Legends.
And X and ONLY X, of all characters (Megaman related or not) is sporting a completely new, round design. His abdomen is literally a sphere.

Guessing this may be what Protodude was teasing?

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Update from Protodude:

Guessing it's more a less a full BN game but you just buy the chips?

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Update from Protodude:

Guessing it's more a less a full BN game but you just buy the chips?

While im thid point i'll take whatever new mmbn stuff we can get, i honestly don't see a gatcha heavy game getting a player base big enough to survive for more than 1-2 years.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
While im thid point i'll take whatever new mmbn stuff we can get, i honestly don't see a gatcha heavy game getting a player base big enough to survive for more than 1-2 years.
I doubt this is the only BN game we are getting honestly, there has been a fucking MASSIVE push of merch for the series this year. They are really trying to build the brand for that back up

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt this is the only BN game we are getting honestly, there has been a fucking MASSIVE push of merch for the series this year. They are really trying to build the brand for that back up
Personally i would bet more on this and possibily a collection of the originals releasing, with the implication of using these to see the sales potential of a new one, but since we seems to be into a megaman renaissance these days i could def be wrong.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Personally i would bet more on this and possibily a collection of the originals releasing, with the implication of using these to see the sales potential of a new one, but since we seems to be into a megaman renaissance these days i could def be wrong.
I am just waiting for them to touch Legends again, at this point it's a matter of when not if

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
At least give us a Battle Network collection please. I've wanted to check this series out since discovering it recently and I'm not making a f2p gatcha game my first entry. Fuck that noise.

Mzril

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Chip collecting the the games themselves was pretty much gacha. I'm perfectly OK with this, as long as it's a good game.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Battle Network Mobile Gacha fits the series consodering P.E.Ts and the battle chips. It makes me angry as fuck that mobile gacha is the future for the series, but its a brain dead money machine, and in house means its gonna avoid certain other pitfalls. I still have nightmares that remind me Breath of Fire 6 exists.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
I'll give it a go, but I've never really been able to get into mobile gaming, even for ports of well renowned games I love. (Konami Pixel Puzzle being the exception) Guess I'll just wait for the inevitable Battle Network collection(s) instead.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really disagree, just saying that it's an easy fit for the series for better or worse
If the mobile market taught us anything, is that gacha is an easy fit for anything .-.
my bigger issue is with people equating those awful predatory, whale hunting, practices to actual good game mechanics that barely are RNG related like BN chip collecting, like Mzril did, or with people in general wanting a BN sequel based on said practices because "smartphones = PETs natural fit lol"

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Meh on the gacha, but I'll support it if it means there's a chance for Battle Network to come back.