• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
A guillotine was erected outside Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos's house in Washington DC on Sunday by protesters demanding the shopping giant be abolished.

The guillotine – an execution device famously used during the French Revolution against the country's ruling class, and subsequently against revolutionary leaders – is a frequently-used symbol by protesters criticising the mega-wealthy and politically powerful.

www.independent.co.uk

Protesters set up guillotine in front of Jeff Bezos home

'Amazon works directly with police to surveil us, stoking racist fears in the name of profit'

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
yeah, good. and it should be happening to any billionaire profiting off the backs of his thousands of workers

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
the rich have forgotten the social contract and think they starve us out and flee to mars. This isn't a threat of violence, this is self defense

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Justifying violence
the rich have forgotten the social contract and think they starve us out and flee to mars. This isn't a threat of violence, this is self defense
Any and all violence against capitalist and state institutions is self-defense.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I'm not the biggest Bezos fan but I can think of at least 300 people that deserve the guillotine before him. Just look at congress.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing the same people who spit after they mention Bezos are going to concern troll about the "violent messaging" from the protesters.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's stupid on multiple levels. I think rich liberals with too many options forget how companies like Amazon makes things cheaper and more accessible for people in more remote areas.

He does need to give his workers better pay and conditions though

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
That's stupid on multiple levels. I think rich liberals with too many options forget how companies like Amazon makes things cheaper and more accessible for people in more remote areas.

Imagine defending Bezos in 2020 with all that we know about him and Amazon

Come on

These people aren't liberals

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

How exactly do you know the financial situation of the people at this protest?

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
People are so giddy about their revenge fantasies. It's pretty fucking deranged.

"I don't think we should cut his head off" is caping for someone now?
This is merely a threat of violence in reciprocation to the violence already placed on people by the billionaire class. Thinking that these people have the power to raid and kill Bezos is pure fantasy for those wanting to clutch pearls.

How is "we should not endorse death threat" become that stuff?
Because, again, this is a threat of violence in reciprocation tot he violence already placed on these people.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
This is merely a threat of violence in reciprocation to the violence already placed on people by the billionaire class. Thinking that these people have the power to raid and kill Bezos is pure fantasy for those wanting to clutch pearls.
That's why I called it "revenge fantasizing."

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, but you're the one pearl clutching about how they shouldn't threaten them. They already have violence being placed on them, so why do they not have the ability to threaten violence in defense?
Same reason I don't believe in either vigilante violence or in capital punishment--even against *really* distasteful people.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
"I don't think we should cut his head off" is caping for someone now?
If you see working class people really angry at an exploitative soon-to-be trillionaire and your first response is that they are "pretty fucking deranged" then yes, that is caping for someone. Bezos has all the power in the world, I think his control of capital is far more scary than some guillotines.

Status
Not open for further replies.