• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Hundreds gathered at universities in Tehran on Saturday night to protest the Iran government's late acknowledgement that it "unintentionally'' shot down the Ukrainian jetliner that crashed earlier this week, after the government had for days repeatedly denied Western accusations and mounting evidence that it was responsible.

A military statement carried by state media earlier on Saturday said the plane was mistaken for a "hostile target" after it turned toward a "sensitive military centre" of Iran's Revolutionary Guard. The military was at its "highest level of readiness," it said, amid the heightened tensions with the United States.

Iran President Hassan Rouhani tweeted: "Iran deeply regrets this disastrous mistake."

The protesters demanded officials involved in the missile attack be removed from their positions and tried.

The semi-official Fars news agency reported demonstrators ripped up pictures of Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani, who was killed in a targeted attack by the U.S. earlier this month.

Police later broke up the demonstrations.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't want to be the person that fired it. Mistake or not, that person will get hung out to dry first.

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
The part about not only calling for mass resignations, but also ripping up pictures of Soleimani, was shocking.

Watch that fucking idiot Trump try to take credit for it somehow.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
The Iranian government killed 1,500 people for protesting high gas prices. I shudder to imagine what they're capable of doing now.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Man, the situation in Iran is crazy with all of this. Hopefully there's no further bloodshed as a result of these protests and that it doesn't escalate. We don't need another country on fire.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to take a guess and say that he didn't write this tweet.
Don't be silly. Trump's erudition and polyglot talent at languages is world famous. Did you know he translated about half the international releases of "The Art of the Deal" himself? That's how good his command of dozens of languages is, with Farsi just being one of many. Believe Me

Oct 27, 2017
London
Well, that apparent unity in Iran did not last long. I'm fearful that the regime is just going to shoot them dead again like they always do. Iranian protesters are incredibly brave considering the government is a totalitarian dictatorship which is not afraid to kill their own.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The UK's ambassador was arrested and shortly after released at one of the protests. Rightfully so, the UK's government is pissed https://www.gov.uk/government/news/arrest-of-ambassador-to-iran-foreign-secretary-statement
Following the brief detention of Her Majesty's Ambassador to Iran Rob Macaire, Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said:
"The arrest of our Ambassador in Tehran without grounds or explanation is a flagrant violation of international law. The Iranian government is at a cross-roads moment. It can continue its march towards pariah status with all the political and economic isolation that entails, or take steps to deescalate tensions and engage in a diplomatic path forwards."

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Did this dude really tweet in Farsi? ☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️

I'm done.

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Did this dude really tweet in Farsi? ☠☠☠☠☠

I'm done.

Still waiting for an explanation from him regarding threatening to bomb the fuck out of 52 or so Iranian cultural sites, where civilians usually appear, and then he comes out with this "supporting all along tweet"

His memory capacity must be only 24 hours long at a time. It would explain a lot.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
This has been boiling since Ahmadinejad stole the 2009 election with Khameini's blessing.
I'm no expert, but I thought it was interesting that the press release of the downed airplane specifically said that it was shot down by an IRGC base. Not an Iranian military base, but IRGC. It kinda feels like a powerplay by the secular side of Iran, after being forced in the defense by the Ayatollahs for so long. Maybe some good can come out of the beheading of the Quds after all. Maybe this is all wishful thinking.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the first event to have me convinced that Trump will win reelection. Literally everything goes this guy's way.

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Go people of Iran!

Also, it's super cringe to me when people write a post to a person that will never read it.

"Fuck off cheeto man dick sack of ball fucks!"

He'll NEVER read that. And most everyone here agrees with you.