• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ravn0s

Oct 29, 2017
She looks good but I still wish they had recast Kate instead of creating a whole new character.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
She looks good but I still wish they had recast Kate instead of creating a whole new character.

This is what I pushed for a lot as well.

But after the announcement, I realized how fantastic and important it was to use the opportunity to make the show even more inclusive.

I fully believe that by the end of season 2, it's going to be looked at as a huge improvement. Got a good feeling about it.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
You just described 75% of all live action superhero costumes.
Never forget:

9gpt117otit11.jpg

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
No idea what you're referring to here. It isn't true at all.

i mean, it is new season of a previous tv show that didn't even finished the first season because of the pandemic and suddenly lost the main actress.

How will they pull the introduction/end of the season is something i can't even imagine

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
i mean, it is new season of a previous tv show that didn't even finished the first season because of the pandemic and suddenly lost the main actress.

How will they pull the introduction/end of the season is something i can't even imagine

They were able to end the season on a note where the pandemic causing problems shouldn't really be an issue.

It's more or less going to be a soft reboot. It'll be fine.

Ghost Rider

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing missing to me is painting around her eyes like they always do, which I know is always kinda dumb, but it just completes the look of the cowl and give it more of the comic book look. Actress looks great in the role though!

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
She's gorgeous, and I like the idea behind the suit design. But its gonna be a nope for me. I always felt that having hair exposed and the open mouth and jaw would be so impractical in a combat situation, and that cuts across both genders.

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
Not a fan of the new suit. The mismatching between the chest logo and belt logo is way too much of difference and the colored gauntlets make it look like a Ninja Turtle costume.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
looks like a tv show costume
Of course it does since, you know, it's a TV show costume where they don't have the privilege of putting in a half a season's worth of their budget to come up with and produce. Besides that they need to make it comfortable for people who could be wearing it for several hours a day for like nine months.

Oct 27, 2017
Of course it does since, you know, it's a TV show costume where they don't have the privilege of putting in a half a season's worth of their budget to come up with and produce. Besides that they need to make it comfortable for people who could be wearing it for several hours a day for like nine months.

Not having the actor freeze to death in a Vancouver winter is also a plus.

May 24, 2019
At least they're bringing her character into the comics now

It's the final Batgirl issue, so that may be all.

She's on the last page of the preview here.
www.flickeringmyth.com

Comic Book Preview - Batgirl #50

DC’s current Batgirl series comes to an end this Tuesday with its milestone 50th issue, and you can check out a preview right here… Series finale! All good things must come to an end, as we wrap up this run of Batgirl with one final oversized celebratory issue! In the aftermath of “The Joker...

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
The hair/wig needs to be much more red, but in action, I doubt i'll care much. Loving the suit changes, red gauntlets and the added red on the cape. The bigger, more defined bat symbol in the belt is cool too. As is the chest logo. Liking it.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Love the overall design, do not like all the added red trims (especially the hair and gauntlets), Makes it look a bit too Saturday Morning Cartoon.

I think the red bat would have looked great on its own.

Bad photoshop:

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Eh, actually find the use of more leather like material to make costumes look cheaper. Textured materials help give costumes more depth than being full leathery outfits like most tv shows been doing

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Quite frankly almost all superhero TV show costumes look like trash to me. So I feel nothing towards this one either.
They always look cheap and like bad cosplays.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks par for the course, don't like the exposed nose tho.

I feel bad for the actor through, taking this mess on aint gonna be easy.

Oct 25, 2017
I still find funny she use a wig for hiding her identity... and then having her hair the exact shade of red of the wig.

Comics, amirite?
Thats the additional layer of disguise to it.
It would seem silly to wear a wig of your natural color so,
1. Kate is ruled out with short hair if they think its natural
2. You'd expect it to be anything other than red if its a wig as a disguise.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
The image was too small to make out the hair so I assumed it was some weird straight hair red wig they put on her, but opening with more details and it is actually something completely different.

Along with the suit it looks really good in these pictures, hopefully it'll look as good in motion. Sometimes action scenes in these CW shows can get a bit too stiff and don't sell the heroes very well.