• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
such an abstract, alien sentence, this title. like no one ever said that

edit: ...that's the joke, like you only hear "such a promising young MAN" in courts.

sorry I guess

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
I'm not much for movies that aren't action, sci-fi or fantasy with a few exceptions but I'm kind of into this.

crimsonred

Oct 27, 2017
So is this horror, thriller, or subversive comedy. Depending on which this subject matter will go over way differently. I in theory love it though.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Love the premise, hopefully it delivers. This could easily be a smart sarcastic take on men behaving badly and paying for it, or a bunch of dudes greenlighting what they think is a smart sarcastic take on men behaving badly and paying for it

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting premise. I'm curious how it will stick the landing. You'll note it cleverly implies violence but never actually shows its hand.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting premise. I'm curious how it will stick the landing. You'll note it cleverly implies violence but never actually shows its hand.
Yeah, with the check list, I feel like she can't be killing all those men. That'd be one hell of a body count. So maybe she's just drugging and sexually assaulting them anally or something.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason that doesn't even look like Carey Mulligan to me.

Also the cast is surprisingly stacked, Bo Burnham, Mintz Plasse, Alison Brie, Molly Shannon. I'm in.

el jacko

Dec 12, 2017
That's crazy casting - I'd see the movie for that alone.
So is this horror, thriller, or subversive comedy. Depending on which this subject matter will go over way differently. I in theory love it though.
I think that you don't know is entirely the point. I'd expect the movie to play with your expectations until the very end.

OP
OP

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Glad it's getting good reviews. I'll check it out if it plays in my area. Otherwise I'll have to wait until it's available On Demand.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Spoiler thread on the movie with someone saying it is not only bad but shouldnt be watched

Sorry but I think a lot of audience members would be surprised and entertained by these developments. That's not to say it's a good thing for violence against women to be trivialized as an entertainment device. However, as a piece of twisted drama, it sounds like the movie does its job, and takes its themes to unexpected places.

BTW, there's no indication in that thread anywhere that the movie is "bad" from a technical standpoint. That's a projection based on story developments that the thread author personally finds too unsavory to tolerate. I kind of feel like viewers should make up their own minds on this one.

I'm not on board with the implication that people are immoral or misogynistic for watching and perhaps enjoying aspects of this movie. Let's maybe not go that far.

Last edited:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I'm not on board with the implication that people are immoral for watching and perhaps enjoying aspects of this movie. Let's maybe not go that far.
Might have missed the obvious in those tweets but where is this implied over a general desire to just not see this film supported?

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Spoiler thread on the movie with someone saying it is not only bad but shouldnt be watched

Yeah, after reading that I have no interest in ever seeing this film. That's seriously the worst possible way they could've taken this. Jesus.

Her having to die to get revenge is pretty damn dumb.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

I was excited about that trailer. It looked like a deliciously fresh take on rape culture. But those spoilers, oh my god. Guess I'll avoid this movie, at least for the duration of the theaters release.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna read those spoilers until reviews come out, but it doesn't sound good :(

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I don't any movie can be great or bad simply because of what it's about or what happens. I never feel it's fair to review films based on spoilers.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Finally Carrey Mulligan in an intense role on film. I saw her in the one-woman play Girls and Boys (dir. Dennis Kelly of Utopia) where she goes through all the frustrations of domesticity and she's brutally funny. Me and the wife can't wait to see this in UK.

OP
OP

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
this movie was supposed to come out this week in theatres. i guess it's coming digitally sometime in the next 2 weeks?