• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aeroucn

Oct 27, 2017
o7DbmqS.png

Still have a long long way to go for cloud gaming to take off globally imo. And that's without taking into consideration internet speeds and other factors out of their control.
Cries in South America

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
The Kinect stage video with the guy was a Cirque du Soleil performance art thing. People on the ground were not really under the impression it was a live demo, so that's always being presented out of context.

I've tried bringing it up in the past but nobody cares lol. It's usually used for shit posting and trolling and those people aren't really looking for facts. The funny part is there are numerous actual bad Kinect demos out there that they could use.

As for this demo I curiously await the public trial and subsequent impressions from participants.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's either faked or their latency is worse than psnow .

I Can't imagine after all this talk of azure servers , they launch something worse than psNow

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
Demo looks faked or the tech isn't really ready yet.....but im sure it will be fine once it releases, if google an nvidia can make preety good low latacy streaming options I see no reason Microsoft can't too.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
It's either faked or their latency is worse than psnow .

I Can't imagine after all this talk of azure servers , they launch something worse than psNow

And they haven't. I used the E3 beta of PSNow and it wasn't great. It was much better by launch. What shape was it in prior to the beta? Who knows, but that's the stage that MS are at right now. Public trials are this year so we should have plenty of actual hands-on impressions then.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
And they haven't. I used the E3 beta of PSNow and it wasn't great. It was much better by launch. What shape was it in prior to the beta? Who knows, but that's the stage that MS are at right now. Public trials are this year so we should have plenty of actual hands-on impressions then.
True .let's see what happens when they launch.

NoUse4AName

Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Is Faked Demo or a Laaaaaaagy Demo.....and, to be honest, I think that a Fake Demo could be the best scenario for MS because if is not a Faked Demo then...that's a pretty. pretty bad way to showcase a Streaming service.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Either it's faked or is horribly laggy, as in orders of magnitude more laggy than PS Now. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Its either fake, lag, or both. Faked it to have lag to convince us its real. MS are absolute geniuses.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
So you don't see how it is relevant when they kept saying cloud computing in CD3 is like 20 times the power of one x1 and in the end it could not even match the destruction of red faction guerrilla on ps3 and x360?
Just because they couldn't replicate it on a larger scale doesn't mean the demo was fake. That was long before the game actually launched. Games can go under a lot of changes during development. As long as they're not lying about the final form of the game that they're launching I see no issue.

I'm talking about faking a reveal in its entirety. Since the kinect bull they haven't done that.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely real thats just how forza plays and I can imagine with lag it would be just like that.

90% of the first page needs to take the heaviest L ever, geez yall quick to judge with no knowledge.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Does any company ever do public demos like this that aren't obviously fake/staged?
All the damn time. Hell sometimes stuff goes wrong, other times you get articles describing how stuff almost went wrong etc.

Microsoft has done real live demos in the past that have not been too successful

Sometimes companies demos products under fake conditions though.
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-28-core-cpu-5ghz,37244.html
Intel's recent demonstration of a 28-core processor running at 5GHz has certainly stirred the pot here at Computex, particularly because the presentation appeared to imply this would be a shipping chip with a 5.0GHz stock speed. Unfortunately, it turns out that Intel overclocked the 28-core processor to such an extreme that it required a one-horsepower industrial water chiller.

In this xcloud demo I think it's more due to bad conditions like in the following instance

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
uhhh, i havent read through the thread but are her inputs even being represented in the game? did they just play a video on a phone to pass it off? LOL

Nov 8, 2017
Does any company ever do public demos like this that aren't obviously fake/staged?

The Live E3 stage demo for Zelda: Skyward Sword went completely haywire and Miyamoto was very embaressed by it. I'm unsure if this was actually true but the guy onstage seemed to think the thing was being messed up by the like thousand wireless devices in close proximity.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely real thats just how forza plays and I can imagine with lag it would be just like that.

90% of the first page needs to take the heaviest L ever, geez yall quick to judge with no knowledge.

ive played HUNDREDS of hours of horizon. it doesnt look real to me. the only thing that maybe matches is her constant taping of the accelerator

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 day): inappropriate language
Love reading knee jerk reactions to an off screen demo of a racing game playing off a phone while streaming AND someone who plays like a spas.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Based on what? A thirty second clip? Or you have actual evidence of this? From what I've seen they're on par with one another. Fortunately Ms isn't charging for this yet. Still time for them to improve it more.

Yes, based on this 30 second clip. That's literally all we have to go on. And you don't even have a PS4, how would you know what the latency is like? We literally have a thread on Era in the last day of users experiencing PS Now for the first time in new territories, nearly all of them talking about how low the latency is, nigh on imperceptible to local play for some users.

Even at launch when PS Now was worse than it is today, it still registered around 50ms to 100ms latency in tests, and what we're seeing in this short snippet in the OP is orders of magnitude more delayed than that. Eg it looks like a second or more in delays as oppose to milliseconds.

Jan 17, 2019
Based on what? A thirty second clip? Or you have actual evidence of this? From what I've seen they're on par with one another. Fortunately Ms isn't charging for this yet. Still time for them to improve it more.

Based on this demo clip. PS Now tested at CES 2014 didn't have that kind of lag. This demo is much worse. Anyway, why bother.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
If this is real, then the whole "Microsoft have Azure and they said that they made latency breakthroughs" needs to be looked at as a giant joke now. If Azure is supposed to be the game changer, then even in bad conditions wherever this was held shouldn't be an issue

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
If this is real, then the whole "Microsoft have Azure and they said that they made latency breakthroughs" needs to be looked at as a giant joke now. If Azure is supposed to be the game changer, then even in bad conditions wherever this was held shouldn't be an issue

I think these are the best conditions possible. On the Microsoft campus, near the Quincy datacenter.