• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 4, 2018
Cloud gaming heads to Australia, Brazil, Japan and Mexico November 18
  • We're excited to bring cloud gaming to Australia, Brazil, Japan and Mexico through the Project xCloud Preview program.
  • Gamers can register beginning today and the Preview will become available on November 18.
  • In each of these four markets we'll begin with this Preview to test, iterate, and gather your feedback.
news.xbox.com

Cloud Gaming Heads to Australia, Brazil, Japan, and Mexico November 18 - Xbox Wire

Just over a year ago we kicked off our Project xCloud Preview journey which has empowered the global gaming community to play Xbox console games in all new ways, directly from the cloud. It’s been incredible to see how Project xCloud has continued to evolve with the help and support of our...

Today, we're excited to share that we're bringing cloud gaming to Australia, Brazil, Japan and Mexico through the Project xCloud Preview program on November 18, with registration opening today.

In each of these four markets we'll begin with this Preview to test, iterate, and gather your feedback. And next year, we'll move to the next step and bring cloud gaming to these markets as part of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate; this is an important step in our journey as we look to reach more gamers around the world.

Our Project xCloud Preview is currently supported on Android phones and tablets through the Xbox Game Streaming (Preview) app in the Google Play Store, available in English, Spanish, Portuguese and Japanese.

Cloud-Gaming-1920x1080-1.jpg

Myself

Nov 4, 2017
I hope by Australia they also mean NZ as we're the same region but I expect not.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
Just saw the news on Twitter. I'm very curious to see how it'll play here in Brazil since our internet here is not great, I always thought it wasn't possible to handle something like xCloud or Stadia.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Awesome

I guess covid really messed their plans as they wanted to launch sooner.

But great that they have even more countries lined up

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017

Today, we're excited to share that we're bringing cloud gaming to Australia, Brazil, Japan and Mexico through the Project xCloud Preview program on November 18, with registration opening today.

In each of these four markets we'll begin with this Preview to test, iterate, and gather your feedback. And next year, we'll move to the next step and bring cloud gaming to these markets as part of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate; this is an important step in our journey as we look to reach more gamers around the world.

news.xbox.com

Cloud Gaming Heads to Australia, Brazil, Japan, and Mexico November 18 - Xbox Wire

Just over a year ago we kicked off our Project xCloud Preview journey which has empowered the global gaming community to play Xbox console games in all new ways, directly from the cloud. It’s been incredible to see how Project xCloud has continued to evolve with the help and support of our...

Dec 15, 2017
I trust ms to deploy these services in all south america down the line. Hopefully so that Sony feels the pressure and brings ps now here as well.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Sweet, I also was looking the other day and there is another half dozen games that now support Touch Controls. Which is great for if you don't feel like clipping on your Razer Kishi or getting the Xbox Controller re-paired.

Hopefully they can also bring Touch Controls to Gears Tactical. I feel like they could work really well there.

So it's currently Android only right? Are there plans for a Windows client?
The plan is they are going to do:
  • Android App
  • iOS App
  • Web App
  • Windows App
  • Xbox App
  • Smart TV Apps
Right now they only have the Android App... They have the code done for the iOS app, but Apple is being a greedy, monopolistic S. O. B so it's on hold. They're working on the Web App now... And the Windows/Xbox app won't be until later this year/early next year. With the Smart TV apps after that.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
Really cool that they are already expanding to other regions! Looking forward to the day it comes to iOS.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if anyone knows this but are the accounts region locked or something like that? I'm curious if I would be able to use my same xcloud account while traveling abroad to another country that supports it. Is the library the same in each country?

ArcaneStar_

Sep 14, 2018
since i got like 3 years of gamepass ultimate i'll try it but I'm not super confident on my connection and smartphone being able to handle it. In any case I'm happy it is coming soon, I thought it would take a looong ass time

Nov 8, 2017
Cool, I doubt I'll use it much/at all but I already have the sub so I'm keen to finally try one of these newfangled cloud streaming services just to see for myself how they feel. I could possibly see myself playing some turn based games on the go with it.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Has this thread not been made? Everyone ignored this great news? :(

Yea that's awesome. Some of Xbox's biggest markets, which totally makes sense. Including places where physical hardware and software is hella expensive. Granted, internet probably is too (maybe?).

I'm really interested to see how xCloud does in Japan. We know the Switch is starting to experiment with this in Japan already, and is now pushing ahead with their own solution more broadly. It's taken off in South Korea, where more people use GP on xCloud than Game Pass on console or PC. What a WILD path to relevance in Japan that would be, huh?

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
I'm an Aussie so, the news I saw was a little Aussie focused but

www.kotaku.com.au

Xbox's Project xCloud Is Coming To Australia Tomorrow

Wanted to stream Xbox games to your phone? From next week, you'll be able to when the Project xCloud Australia beta kicks off.

In embargoed briefings last week, Microsoft revealed to journalists that the beta version of their Xbox Game Pass cloud streaming service — dubbed Project xCloud — would be going live in Australia from November 18. Japan, Mexico and Brazil will also be joining the xCloud beta at that time.

In a Q&A session, Microsoft's Kareem Choudhry and Catherine Gluckstein explained that the beta would allow Microsoft to gather more data about the Australian cloud streaming experience. When asked whether it would be largely isolated to the Eastern states — given their proximity to the Microsoft Azure data centres, which are essential to xCloud's performance, the executives replied that the beta would be accessible to all Australians.

List of games available (with regions)

• ARK: Survival Evolved (AU, BR, MX, JP)
  • Batman™: Arkham Knight (AU, BR, MX)
  • Black Desert (AU, BR, MX, JP)
  • Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (AU, BR, MX, JP)
  • CODE VEIN (AU, BR, MX, JP)
  • Cricket 19 (AU, BR, MX, JP)
  • DayZ (AU)
  • Dead by Daylight: Special Edition (AU, BR, MX)
  • Destiny 2 (AU, BR, MX, JP)
  • Devil May Cry 5 (AU, BR, MX, JP)
  • eFootball PES 2020 (AU, BR, MX)
  • F1® 2019 (AU, BR, MX)
  • Forza Horizon 4 (AU, BR, MX, JP)
  • Gears 5 (AU, BR, MX)
  • Halo Wars 2: Standard Edition (AU, BR, MX, JP)
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection (AU, BR, MX, JP)
  • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (AU, BR, MX)
  • HITMAN™ (AU, BR, MX)
  • Just Cause 4 (AU, BR, MX)
  • Minecraft Dungeons – Windows 10 (AU, BR, MX, JP)
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps (AU, BR, MX, JP)
  • PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (AU, BR, MX, JP)
  • RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard (AU, BR, MX, JP)
  • Sea of Thieves (AU, BR, MX, JP)
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider (AU, BR, MX)
  • Sid Meier's Civilization VI (AU, BR, MX, JP)
  • Skyforge (AU, BR, MX, JP)
  • Smite (AU, BR, MX, JP)
  • Stellaris: Console Edition (AU, BR, MX, JP)
  • Tekken 7 (AU, BR, MX, JP)
  • WWE 2K20 (AU, BR, MX, JP)
  • Yakuza 0 (AU, BR, MX, JP)

Signing up for the beta can be done here!

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown

Xbox Cloud gaming is expanding and coming to Australia, Brazil, Japan and Mexico on November 18 News

Cloud gaming heads to Australia, Brazil, Japan and Mexico November 18 We’re excited to bring cloud gaming to Australia, Brazil, Japan and Mexico through the Project xCloud Preview program. Gamers can register beginning today and the Preview will become available on November 18. In each of these...

Cloud gaming heads to Australia, Brazil, Japan and Mexico November 18 (Project X Cloud Preview Program)

Today, we’re excited to share that we’re bringing cloud gaming to Australia, Brazil, Japan and Mexico through the Project xCloud Preview program on November 18, with registration opening today. In each of these four markets we’ll begin with this Preview to test, iterate, and gather your...

laoni

Oct 25, 2017

Xbox Cloud gaming is expanding and coming to Australia, Brazil, Japan and Mexico on November 18 News

Cloud gaming heads to Australia, Brazil, Japan and Mexico November 18 We’re excited to bring cloud gaming to Australia, Brazil, Japan and Mexico through the Project xCloud Preview program. Gamers can register beginning today and the Preview will become available on November 18. In each of these...

Cloud gaming heads to Australia, Brazil, Japan and Mexico November 18 (Project X Cloud Preview Program)

Today, we’re excited to share that we’re bringing cloud gaming to Australia, Brazil, Japan and Mexico through the Project xCloud Preview program on November 18, with registration opening today. In each of these four markets we’ll begin with this Preview to test, iterate, and gather your...

Ahh, I searched xCloud, Don't mind me!

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully everyone can try it out!
A friend (waiting on preordered Xbox Series X) wanted to get back into Destiny 2, while I was in the middle of a move and without my TV. I streamed Destiny 2 for a bit on my phone, though signal was uneven, it never disconnected, and when it was smooth I was landing headshots like normal.

noctix

Oct 27, 2017
Guess who got the invite to xcloud wut wut!!!
Also guess who sold his galaxy note 9 and bought an iPhone 12 couple of days ago!!!
Its ok i have a spare realme phone. Should do the job.
I think this is first time I have gotten an invite to anything