• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to this, though the name is still dumb. But it's memorable at least which is what matters.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Knew they'd just drop the "Project". Name's catchy in a silly, clunky, Square Enix way, just like Octopath Traveler.Game still looks good and it's nice to see them taking Demo feedback to heart again.

Oct 25, 2017
Lame name. Also a bit worried as I really liked the battles from the demo but man those choices and stuff felt so silly and contrived.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Awful name. I hoped it'd change. Octopath Traveller was fine because yes, it's fucking weird, but it fits (8 paths/stories to travel) while this even though there are the three choices, just feels bad/boring. Like if Octopath was Eight Stories. It's a strategy game with 3 moral choices.

Anyway, looks sick, still hyped. Bad name though, it was like, the one thing I included in my feedback survey XD

EDIT: Like, I'm not a smart person, not paid to come up with names and shit, but to me Triangle Strategy is just a lazy, boring name that sounds bad. Even made up game names sound better. What about Tri-stratagem or something? Keeps the three thing but also sounds more ye olde fantasy. I dunno, I just don't like Triangle Strategy. Fine for a project title, WIP, something to put on the game project file before you actually start thinking of names.

They also missed the low-hanging, alliterative, and more apt choice of "Triangle Tactics." Which is more in-line with its inspirations anyway (Final Fantasy Tactics; Tactics Ogre — these are tactical games, not grand strategy games).

But really, the "Triangle" part annoys me the most. Yeah, if we're reaching, there's three conviction alignments or whatever in this game, and triangles have an association with the number 3, but... like I said, kind of a reach. Maybe there's some other triangular mechanic we don't know of, but it's still a terribly generic title.

All that said, incredibly excited for the game, and glad it's sooner rather than later in 2022.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Excited for hard mode. The gameplay in the demo was a lot of fun, hopefully it can keep up the quality throughout.

Also I cannot unhear Ryne in Frederica, but I'm here for it.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
It's such a bland nothing name, lol. Can't believe they didn't think of literally anything better.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
I would like to reintroduce my crack theory that the original HD-2D games (so not DQ III or any other remakes that pop up) are intended to form a single timeline with the number in each game's title representing the game's place in the timeline.

Thus, Triangle had to remain in the name. But yeah, Triangle Tactics is like, strictly better than Triangle Strategy

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
triangle tactics won't work because it has different number of letters
before someone brought up bravely second, that one doesn't use their general underline title logo, which is also the reason why personally i don't really enjoy that hd-2d name generator twitter account

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Listen keeping the name Octopath Traveler was cute and worked but keeping Triangle Strategy is actually the dumbest shit and whoever decided to keep the name is a fuckin' dumbass. The "Triangle" part doesn't even make sense with the 3 choices thing. What???

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
it's a tales of writer behind it so i'm gonna need a lot more to be excited. Hard for me to get into SRPGs if the story doesn't keep up

CrimsonDawn

May 29, 2018
Looking through the list of changes and I'm very happy! Addressed most of the changes I wanted. I just hope they. can fix the voice acting for the main character, Serenoa - I recall it being distractingly flat.. And the game comes out just in time for my birthday too!

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Do people really like how this game look visually? I thought it's terrible. It's so blurred out and bloomy and it's so unnecessary dark at spots with vignette like effects.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The demo was downloaded approximately 1 million times globally as of September 2021. There were approximately 25,000 survey responses between February 22 and March 21, 2021.

that's a lote

"Based on these survey results, users have high expectations for the game's story, the personalities of the characters, and the system for levelling up and improving characters in tactical strategy games. These are elements you may not have been able to enjoy fully in the Debut Demo.

However, in the final version of TRIANGLE STRATEGY, you will be able to experience the events leading up to the invasion and what happens after you make specific decisions. The story will branch out in various ways, and many unique characters will enter the story. We hope you'll look forward to it.

good stuff

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
It's not that I can't believe they went with the working title. It's that I can't believe they did it again. They have to know what they're doing at this point - they absolutely have to.

That being said, god am I excited for it. I get why people don't like the look, but it's never bothered me, and I'm super into pretty much everything I've seen and played from it thus far.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I still really don't like this artstyle. Just feels like a bizarre mishmash of things that is trying to do too much stuff in each that all the aspects distract you more than anything.