• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
1208294-darkelfplace.jpg

1208288-tranverse_snow.jpg

362117-castle_painting.jpg

I used to follow this game. It had some amazing early preview videos and tech demos. Basically it used innovative techniques to make self shadowing and motion blur more pleasing and usable. It was releasing neat glimpses until being bought by Intel for their Larrabee products. The team worked on it for a while at Intel from what I gather, but nasty Intel cancelled it in development when they failed to market the Larrabee line as they'd hoped. They allegedly refused to sell the game and assets back to the devs, who were forced out of Intel into making a new studio. The project died inside Intel entirely.

Still, I find the art and all their clips inspiring. They were massively ambitious during last gen and deserve a watch.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I remember watching the bits with the crossbolt over and over and over being amazed at the graphics and animations.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Watching this in the mid 2000's was quite something. Looked surreal at the time.

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
I really wanted to play this, I even sent them $10 to help fund it. I imagine they could have done a lot if gofundme or something like it were around.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
I remember following this game very closely. It gave me a vibe of a Dark Messiah of Might and Magic with the combat. So sad when I kept going to the site and less and less updates trickled through.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I remember seeing this in the upcoming games section in Gamespot and getting really excited for it.

Thank you, Intel.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
More like a demo. If I remember correctly, INTEL bought them, got the tech and the game was never again to be heard of
Was there ever a game? Or just some tech to be sold as middleware ?
First they made the engine. But at the time the dev was bought by Intel it was going to be a game to release with special Intel Larrabee cross promotion. Intel bought it to fund it as a game, but cancelled it after shelving the hardware it was to be cross promoted with. The devs wanted to finish it.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I used to keep tabs on this game any time they released something because the gameplay footage was downright stunning for its time. Shame it never saw the light of day.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
I believe this was most publicized between 2005 and 2008, then went quiet at Intel after the Dev was purchased until it was confirmed they were defunct in 2010. So this mostly was happening early last gen.
Yeah, if this had hit, it would have been right around the time the 360 and the PS3 were coming out, or shortly there after. But Intel decided it was better left dead

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
This brought back so many memories. i remember when this came out and i would tell all of my friends. i was in awe back then.

Lemonade727

Oct 8, 2018
Yeah this stuff was way ahead of it's time, one of the big disappointments for me regarding gaming that it never came to fruition.