• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Third parties exist but it's not finalized who is going to be on the ballot in my state yet. I know you probably think voting third-party is throwing away my vote or basically a vote for Trump but I don't see it that way. But all of this is beside the point.
I guess you're right, I shouldn't be surprised that most people here can't grasp how TLP could be bad considering they call me a Trump supporter for voting third-party. Dumb black-and-white thinking that is very typical of this website.

Okay, I hate to dogpile and I'd be the first to agree that this forum can be really black-and-white about certain things, but no, this is the "black-and-whitest" election in the history of this country. I have a friend who made the same arguments as you in 2016 and voted for Jill Stein. Great guy, but he was wrong and he's partly to blame for the past four years. Repeating that same mistake in 2020 is being on the wrong side of history. There is no excuse.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
So...
  • Concerned about TLP if Biden gets elected.
  • Posts how they won't vote for Biden.
This whole concern act comes off as so fake and people really need to stop engaging.

I'll repeat what I said earlier. Thought processes like this are far more dangerous than some TLP ads attacking Trump.
Yeah, I'll take the help of shitty Republicans who will vote for Biden over the stupid concerns of somebody unwilling to vote for Biden.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
To go further in one post Orb says they would vote for Biden if he aligns with their views. Then a few posts later implies they will avoid at all costs voting for Biden.

How to you reconcile those two things?

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Two things:

1. Yes, we -- liberals, progressives, Democrats, whatever -- want to get more Romneys than Trumps. This shouldn't even be a controversial idea and that you think it is controversial suggest to me that you need to get your priorities straightened out.

Romney of course is not some paragon of progressivism, but as a liberal I'd much rather have a Republican president who says "Black Lives Matter" than one who brags about "shooting thugs when the looting starts." Cynics might see Romney marching for Black Lives as just a political ploy or the future of his career, or something and there's truth to that, but if you're having trouble choosing the opposition candidate who wants to start a race war versus the one who is marching for civil rights, then you have to check your priorities.

It's also not like "Romneys" are some secret Trojan Horse that are going to win electorally and then quietly turn back the clock. Don't forget... Romneys lost in 2012. Trumps won in 2016 (and Trump-like candidates, Tea Partiers, largely won in 2010 and 2014). So, yes, as a liberal, I want more Romneys in the GOP, fewer Trumps, fewer Tea Partiers, fewer "Freedom Caucus."

2. Nobody is "carrying the water for the purpose of more Romneys," and you're being intentionally misleading by pretending that posting anti-TRump videos by the Lincoln Project are *really* us "carrying the water for more Romneys." Nobody is posting TLP videos promoting Mitt Romney. We're all posting TLP videos that are tear downs of Trump.
Exactly. This is clear and should be the clear cut conversation and the worrying really needs to be let go in this context. It's not even a question in my mind
There are conservative v liberal agendas and then there is unabashed evil an hate v humanity and civility.

This is the latter.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
To go further in one post Orb says they would vote for Biden if he aligns with their views. Then a few posts later implies they will avoid at all costs voting for Biden.

How to you reconcile those two things?
they are a liar. like they conveniently saw the error of their ways with ableism after attacking biden's mental state but now it's not okay to do the same to trump. they are a shit stirrer and i've been reporting them the entire thread but no action has been taken by the mods.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
they are a liar. like they conveniently saw the error of their ways with ableism after attacking biden's mental state but now it's not okay to do the same to trump. they are a shit stirrer and i've been reporting them the entire thread but no action has been taken by the mods.

I hate to agree but I may have to.

One post is vague about their Biden views and how they would vote if his views aligned. Then it moves to outright not voting and quoting a post implying he is a child molestor.

It's all clear as day and instead of "having the guts" as they said of owning it they instead begin accusing in a post responding to me about gaslighting and implying they are a Pro Trump voter. None of which I actually did at all, it was just flailing.

It isn't about implying anything. It's about understanding motives and I understood those motives once I realized they are the same person who created the thread trying to tell people to "think before posting TLP ads".

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Also just want to make clear I did not at any point report Orb. I instead like that the discussions advanced and the truth came out. Can't do that if you get rid of them before that could occur.

But the downside if that the intent was achieved and this thread got shitted up pretty good.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Also just want to make clear I did not at any point report Orb. I instead like that the discussions advanced and the truth came out. Can't do that if you get rid of them before that could occur.

But the downside if that the intent was achieved and this thread got shitted up pretty good.
I did not either but am debating doing so now since this whole derail was ridiculous, but I wouldn't worry too much about the thread. I have a sneaking suspicion there will be plenty more ads from them in the coming months.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
I did not either but am debating doing so now since this whole derail was ridiculous, but I wouldn't worry too much about the thread. I have a sneaking suspicion there will be plenty more ads from them in the coming months.

Months? Haha we will have a new thread today or tomorrow most likely if their response to "PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT!" is anything to go by. :)

But yes, over the next few months they will keep going after Trump and it will all be a joy to watch as Bunker Boy cries about it.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Pence saw that TLP tweet with the video of Biden running and thought to himself "Hmmm, I can do that too!".

He thought wrong.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think they just don't want a thread for every ad.
Or maybe it was just redundant because this thread has already been around for three weeks?
They never said that. They said they dont think they want a thread for each ad.
Totally. It is because they are right leaning. They cover up everything.
here you go, what a MOD said -

Poodlestrike
No Justice, No Peace

Administrator

Yesterday at 6:38 PM

We do not believe this will produce good discussion as evidenced by prior threads, and we're reviewing site policy to see if we want to allow threads for particular political ads, so this thread will remain locked.
Link to thread

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Did Trump tweet a video where someone shouted white power? I have the dude blocked for my sanity but crazy if true.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i love the idea of framing it simply as trump being the second confederate president. it's so fucking good. democrats really need to run with that. make it clear: trump is on the side of slavers.

It's hilarious how much better the GOP political staffers are at political ads and strategy. The Lincoln Project goes for the throat. If the Dems fought like this the last 20 years they wouldn't have lost so many elections.

OP
OP
Veliladon

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
It's hilarious how much better the GOP political staffers are at political ads and strategy. The Lincoln Project goes for the throat. If the Dems fought like this the last 20 years they wouldn't have lost so many elections.

The Democrats have always strived to be the adults in the room. I don't think Democrats could run the ads that the Lincoln Project runs with a Democrat's name on it.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These ads arent getting anyone to change their minds. They're preaching to the choir.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
I wasnt referring to where they were airing. Nobody is moved by the ads unless you already feel the way they want you to feel. Like a preacher preaching to a choir.
What? Ads work. They have worked, they work now, they will always work. This isn't just true in politics, either.

Now, these ads won't sway the entire electorate, but they'll help move some of the fence sitters. Considering Trump won 2016 by less than 100k voters scattered over a few key states, targeting these ads in the right places can be very effective.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What? Ads work. They have worked, they work now, they will always work. This isn't just true in politics, either.

Now, these ads won't sway the entire electorate, but they'll help move some of the fence sitters. Considering Trump won 2016 by less than 100k voters scattered over a few key states, targeting these ads in the right places can be very effective.
Not all ads work. I mean you guys already state that democrat ads are somehow less effective.

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I celebrate Trump being cut up and exposed for the cretin he is. Run these ads.

But I feel some disquiet about how The Lincoln Project is going to wield all this good will and marketing expertise/following they've gained once Trump is out of office. These are ultraconservatives who pushed to install Trump into the Oval Office last time around. When they point their arrows at the Democrats and/or Biden come 2021, I hope folks don't just follow whatever they decide to push at that point. I'm not talking about non-Republican spaces like this forum. I'm concerned about the general public. I wish the Dems would be as cutthroat and vicious in fighting back against the Republicans as Repubs have been against the Dems.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I celebrate Trump being cut up and exposed for the cretin he is. Run these ads.

But I feel some disquiet about how The Lincoln Project is going to wield all this good will and marketing expertise/following they've gained once Trump is out of office. These are ultraconservatives who pushed to install Trump into the Oval Office last time around. When they point their arrows at the Democrats and/or Biden come 2021, I hope folks don't just follow whatever they decide to push at that point. I'm not talking about non-Republican spaces like this forum. I'm concerned about the general public. I wish the Dems would be as cutthroat and vicious in fighting back against the Republicans as Repubs have been against the Dems.

I mean we're already seeing incredible push back on them on Twitter whenever they post actually heinous conservative shit and think they're being slick. Plus, how many posters have we had already constantly beat us over the head with how they're Republicans and what will they do once Biden wins. I think we get it and are more than aware at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.