• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In basic:
-First game Platinum owns the IP of 100% and are self-publishing.
-Game challenges and is completely different than anything they've made before, they want to exceed and betray expectations
-Says "Viewtiful Joe is a transformative hero like Kamen Rider", "Wonderful 101 is a hero squadron", "GG is a huge hero."
-Touch controls are an important part of the game, but hint the game can be played without them (which probably means its primary platform is Switch)
-Launching on all existing platforms, if they can.
-Goal is to have 100 people working on it, 15 people actively working on it now but team is expanding.
-Tencent offered to publish and fund this game, but refused because they want full control and ownership of this particular game.
-Say the last two games of the Platinum 4 are new games and not ports, the fourth and last one is a huge secret that is something "very interesting".
Sounds Ultraman inspired. I'm in!

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In basic:
-Game challenges and is completely different than anything they've made before, they want to exceed and betray expectations
-Says "Viewtiful Joe is a transformative hero like Kamen Rider", "Wonderful 101 is a hero squadron", "GG is a huge hero."
-UPDATE: My take was wrong, not touch controls, the action feel of the game is important but not the main focus of the title. Thanks to Aeana for the correction.
-Goal is to have 100 people working on it, 15 people actively working on it now but team is expanding.
-Tencent offered to publish and fund this game, but refused because they want full control and ownership of this particular game.
-Say the last two games of the Platinum 4 are new games and not ports, the fourth and last one is a huge secret that is something "very interesting".
Nice

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
If the selling point is huge hero than I'm expecting Gurren Lagann levels of escalation if past games are anything to go by.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I am into the thought of him having made a hero trilogy. Can't wait to learn more.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Kamiya back - Fuck yeah!

Final part of Hero Trilogy (VJ and W101) -Fucking fuck yeah!

Exceed and betray expectations? - I'm confused but Hell Muthafucking Yeah!

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
interesting that kamiya was super insistent about platinum owning this one

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
"手触り" is like "feel", not "touch control".

Mistranslation.
Just he says "new project", not necessarily games.
The first one was a mistake on my side, I read it as touch action, but it was action feel. Did update that. The second I can reword but I know it said projects, but we know the projects are games from the Platinum 4 site. The main thing is they do confirm the last two games in the Platinum 4 are new projects, which I know many have been thinking otherwise. This said, I should probably clarify by new projects the third one could be an update on a game we previously knew of but not in detail (there's a couple possible candidates for that) though they don't say that specifically, but do clarify the fourth project is a huge secret and very interesting.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
In basic:
-UPDATE: My take was wrong, not touch controls, the action feel of the game is important but not the main focus of the title. Thanks to Aeana for the correction.
Definitely sounds great; though it seems like we'll be waiting awhile until we get more info. Wonder if there will be any promotional/concept art or something when the game is added to the Platinum 4 website.

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah

wD9gj0Z.gif

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Sucks that it's years off but I can't wait to see what the other 2 games are since they are going to be way closer to release.

oracion

Jan 7, 2018
Tokyo
The first one was a mistake on my side, I read it as touch action, but it was action feel. Did update that. The second I can reword but I know it said projects, but we know the projects are games from the Platinum 4 site. The main thing is they do confirm the last two games in the Platinum 4 are new projects, which I know many have been thinking otherwise.
In other words, He didn't say "new games and not ports" at all on Famitsu.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
In other words, He didn't say "new games and not ports" at all on Famitsu.
I actually had reworded the original post thinking on it from your point to say projects, but they mention to the point there's four big pieces of news for the site with two to go, and clarify that last two are new projects, and the fourth one is a big secret that's really interesting. I decided to keep it closer to the original than my interpretation of it, but I still think it reads like that in the context.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Bayonetta x DMC, I'm calling it!

Those tweets from a few years ago were all real!
A game that has both DMC and Bayo mechanics with enemies designed and balanced around them? fuck yeah.

tsukuyomi_01-683x1024.jpg

Anyone think this guy is related to it? Looks like a dope giant mecha design

(from this tease: https://www.platinumgames.com/official-blog/article/10933 )

If it is, then we have a confirmation that character designs will be good at least.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
After he tackled the "Single Hero" and "Sentai", a part of me that hoped that one day Kamiya would do a Hero game in the Ultra Man style. Glad to see that seems to be exactly what he and the crew's up to!

OP
OP
--R

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I actually had reworded the original post thinking on it from your point to say projects, but they mention to the point there's four big pieces of news for the site with two to go, and clarify that last two are new projects, and the fourth one is a big secret that's really interesting. I decided to keep it closer to the original than my interpretation of it, but I still think it reads like that in the context.

I agree with you. They specifically mention "new projects", so I don't think this will be ports and such.

Deleted member 32106

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017

oracion

Jan 7, 2018
Tokyo
No.
He said that "Platinum4 is 4 new project from PlatinumGames".
In other words, TW101 port is "new project".

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with you. They specifically mention "new projects", so I don't think this will be ports and such.
My one thought is the third reveal may be related to a game we already know of though, like Bayonetta 3 or Babylon's Fall or something, because they clarify the fourth project is something no one knows about (which implies the third reveal is something people know about).

konoka

Dec 20, 2017
The article says "Platinum4 is 4 new projects".

Arcana Wiz

Oct 26, 2017
prob not sentai and more ultraman given the description.

How different are those two series/genre?

Until now i always assumed that ultraman was just a sentai/power ranger series.

But my knowledge of this is based on the Power Rangers shows that i watched as a kid.
Never saw a super sentai series, i only know these names because i learned that the power rangers were an american adaption of the asian shows.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
My one thought is the third reveal may be related to a game we already know of though, like Bayonetta 3 or Babylon's Fall or something, because they clarify the fourth project is something no one knows about (which implies the third reveal is something people know about).
I'm pretty sure the third one will be Bayo 3 shown off in the next general direct