• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
img_main.jpg

img_slide01.jpg

img_slide02.jpg

img_slide03.jpg

Hello, everyone. PlatinumGames chief game designer Hideki Kamiya here.

It's my honor today, at long last, to announce an all-new, all-original project from PlatinumGames. In the fourteen years since we founded this company, we've worked towards the dream of making and releasing a game based on a Platinum intellectual property. Now, we're finally stepping up to that starting line.

What makes this new title different from what we've done before? Let me explain a bit, because I'm sure you'll agree that this is a giant step for PlatinumGames!

We've made a wide variety of games throughout our history, sometimes based on existing properties, like NieR:Automata; sometimes wholly original stories, like Bayonetta and ASTRAL CHAIN. Our work has found a core of passionate fans who trust us to deliver high-quality action games.

But PlatinumGames has thus far only been a developer. That means we make the games, and that's it. All of our titles up until how have been made under contracts, with cooperation and funding from the publishers who distribute them.

Of course, everyone at Platinum and I are extremely grateful for the relationship that we've made with all of you through the games we've made so far. But ultimately, all of those games belong to publishers. Any and all decisions about how those games are promoted, how their content is used, and so on, are entirely up to the publisher.

As a creator, it's hard not to think of my games as my children. After all, it takes a lot of hard work to raise them up, and a lot of love, too. However, once they're done, any choices about them are entirely out of my hands. So, for example, no matter how many times people tell me, "You should make a sequel to this game," or, "I'd love to see it on that console," there's nothing I can do about it.

Which brings us to Project G.G. (that's just a working title, by the way). Project G.G. is different. Unlike any of the games we've made so far, it's going to be a 100% PlatinumGames title. For everything from its setting and characters, to its game design and story, to how it's promoted – PlatinumGames is in full control.

Of course, that has its downsides, too. We'll be taking on new risks that we've never had to assume before as a contracted developer. Having full control over the Project G.G. IP gives us a ton of freedom, but also a ton of responsibility. Still, I think we can harness that sense of responsibility and turn it into motivation to make Project G.G. the best game it can be.

Like I said before, with Project G.G., we're stepping up to a starting line. The finish line is still a long way away. But I know I'm looking forward to running the race! I hope you'll cheer us on.

And if you'd like to join us at Platinum as we start out on this new endeavor, I sincerely hope you'll take a look at our jobs page and see if there's a position that's right for you.

On behalf of the Project G.G. team and all of PlatinumGames, thank you for your support!

Official site

www.gematsu.com

PlatinumGames announces Hideki Kamiya-directed hero game Project G.G.

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals Project G.G. from PlatinumGames, a new hero game described as the final entry in the Hideki Kamiya trilogy of hero works. The first two are likely the Vie…

• The magazine shows a boy posing, body covered in a pale light, and transforming into a giant to fight against a kaiju.
  • Directed by Kamiya, the game will go against the user's expectations and take on challenges that Platinum has never taken on before.
  • Action game with a giant hero (Think Ultraman). Kamiya stresses that action will not be the only focus of the game.
  • Launching on all existing platforms.
  • Platinum is putting the development team together, and opening a 100 person studio on Tokyo. There are already around 15 people working on it.
  • Inaba mentions Platinum got other capital investment offers like Tencent's but rejected them because they wanted to have more freedom.
  • The last 2 projects of Platinum 4 are new and Inaba remarks that the last one will be pretty interesting.
I will continue updating as more details get released.

Last edited:
OP
OP
--R

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Please take in mind that I do not know what the 'Hero Trilogy' is and I'm just guessing it's those two because of Kamiya's involvement and the superhero aesthetics.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
If the trilogy is based on Viewtiful Joe and W101....

The main character is red

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
FRIENDLY REMINDER OF KAMIYA'S DIRECTORIAL OEUVRE:

RESIDENT EVIL 2
DEVIL MAY CRY 1
VIEWTIFUL JOE 1
OKAMI
BAYONETTA 1
THE WONDERFUL 101
SCALEBOUND (rip)
PROJECT GG

Yes, this will automatically be one of the best games of all time based on that alone.

Palazzo

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if the "hero trilogy" is Viewtiful Joe + Wonderful 101 or if it's an oblique reference to Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2. I'm sure this game isn't Viewtiful Joe 3, but it could be the case that it's more of a spiritual successor to that specifically.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing this is the "action game that'll change the genre forever" that they were talking about a couple of years a go.