• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan

EDIT: Seems like its coming to PC, PS4 and XB1. A now deleted tweet from the Project Cars twitter confirms it i guess..

Screenshot_20200603-145420.png

Last edited:

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting, that came out of nowhere. Haven't played the previous two but heard good things.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this was published by accident. Weird time of day for a Bandai Namco announcement + no accompanying PS Blog post or uploads on any other channels outside of PS Europe.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Probably someone from the PlayStation YouTube channel pressed the button early.

There is nothing about the game yet in the official site or any tweet, etc.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Am i wrong in thinking that this series is sort of a spiritual continuation of the need For speed shift series

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Most likely was going to be a showcase game as this isn't a small announcement.

Eddman

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
I tried PC2 when it was free with Xbox Love Gold and I really wanted to like it since it looks great and there's a lot of detail and love for cars, but I mostly play arcade/casual racers and couldn't drive in this at all/was overwhelmed with all the customization before the actual racing starts :(

Are there any good absolute beginner tutorials in YouTube or something for these games?

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Glad to see Slighty Mad wasn't just doing the Fast Furious game.

Also, first playable C8.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
I believe the PlayStation Twitter account may stay silent for a few days given the current BLM-related events, which may explain why they directly dropped the trailer with no social media acknowledgment.

Which may also mean that, even if next week is when the PS5 Event actually happens, we might not know its actual date until early next week.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm very underwhelmed by that. The tracks look good, but the lighting on the cars is very off. It seems all the edges glow. Hard to describe, but to me they look totally out of place in front of these backdrops.
Getting lighting right in racing games seems really hard.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I could believe that was in-game, with how good even Project Cars 2 looked on the mid-gen systems. Not like, shockingly good, but nice overall. I've been putting some time into the 1X version with the resolution/framerate priority mode, and have been pleased with how it runs in half grid (plus) rainy weather. I don't think I've seen a proper stress test on the current version, but it seemed good so far.

I do need to know if they've actually gotten controller input resolved. That's one area that's so brutally inconsistent, it's hard to understand. Like, the reviews for the game are more than 50% 1-Star on the Microsoft Store. Some of that is obviously people not used to more sim-style racers, but you can't ignore how middling-at-best the game is without a wheel. I even have mixed feelings on a G920.

Watevaman

Oct 30, 2017
History has shown us that it'll be a mess of a game, with some cars handling perfect out of the box and others handling like dog poop. Bugs will be present, some will be fixed, some will be abandoned after 6 months post-release.

Don't get me wrong, Project CARS 2 is a good complement to the racing game genre and out of the box has the best day/night, weather, car variety, and track selection. It's just not that fun to play when you have to spend so much time getting your car and controller settings dialed in only to have to change them when you switch to another vehicle that only got 1/3 of the dev time.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Didn't realize Rushy was on this, hopefully that means controller play hasn't gotten some love.

Tunned

Oct 30, 2017
OMG!

Am i wrong in thinking that this series is sort of a spiritual continuation of the need For speed shift series
No, if I'm not mistaking most of the team who worked on the NFS Shift series formed a new studio and started to develop Project C.A.R.S., a game formed through a lot of community input and feedback. At least I consider it as a spiritual successor to NFS Shift.

Trailer makes it look a bit arcade-ish, eww.
I though the same, but I doubt SMS is going to go down a more "arcade" root, a lot of people (like me) would be pissed. I love PC2 on pc and only play it with a controller.

The trailer graphics scream PS5, even though it says PS4...

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
History has shown us that it'll be a mess of a game, with some cars handling perfect out of the box and others handling like dog poop. Bugs will be present, some will be fixed, some will be abandoned after 6 months post-release.

Don't get me wrong, Project CARS 2 is a good complement to the racing game genre and out of the box has the best day/night, weather, car variety, and track selection. It's just not that fun to play when you have to spend so much time getting your car and controller settings dialed in only to have to change them when you switch to another vehicle that only got 1/3 of the dev time.

100% this.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Rushy tweeted about it, so probably not an accident:
Rushy tweeted it too. Also hoping he answers my questions
A tweet from the game director is not an official announcement.

There is nothing about the game on any official page so probably the trailer was published a bit early from the PlayStation account.

Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities

Discord is the easiest way to communicate over voice, video, and text. Chat, hang out, and stay close with your friends and communities.

Slightly Mad Studios - Two Decades of Award-Winning Simulation

Slightly Mad Studios - Founded in 2009, we’re the award-winning team behind the Project CARS franchise, and era-defining games such as the GTR® series, Need For Speed® Shift™, Shift 2 Unleashed®, Red Bull Air Race – The Game, and many other top-tier games.
www.codemasters.com

Codemasters - Official EA Site

Learn more about life, careers and products at Codemasters.

Official Site | Bandai Namco Entertainment America

The official home for ELDEN RING, Armored Core, TEKKEN, DRAGON BALL, GUNDAM, PAC-MAN, and all your favorite video games!

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Seems like this was uploaded by mistake based on this:

Guess we'll be getting those PS5 trailer uploads tomorrow after all.

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England
I remember Rushy posting on twitter a a few months ago the amount of hours he had logged playing the new game he was working on. I am hoping (almost expecting) that this means the cars will handle pretty nicely with the controller.

Oct 27, 2017
That's a damn nice logo design.

I really hope them being with Codemasters now means the singleplayer offering get's better. I really love to play the game but it's just so damn hard to get into if you have no clue about cars.

Arc07

Oct 27, 2017
Was not expecting PCARS to be the first game with the C8 Corvette. Looks great.

Nov 7, 2017
Why so much focus on drifting in this trailer. Is drifting a mercedes supposed to be cool? mabye its more arcade focused. hopefully they fixed the control issues, 2 was unplayable with a controller and not great with a wheel. looking foward to it though