• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017

It's a licensing restriction, no doubt, but the track is such a rarity in games, I still welcome its inclusion.

Now, is anyone interested to talk about one single piece of new content from the DLC (or even not from the DLC would be fine)?

Seriously, after the Fun Pack, Ferrari was my least anticipated DLC, but it surprisingly ended up being my favorite of all, largely because the included cars are some of the best to drive in the entire game, (250 GTB & 355 Challenge being my personal favs). Mugello is too often overlooked and makes for a wonderful addition to the track roster, especially with PC2's weather and TOD options.

What I most look forward to when a SMS DLC comes out, though, is the "Physics of..." posts by their vehicle lead, Casey Ringley, and he's genuinely outdone himself with his writeups on the Ferrari pack. There's some fascinating stuff in there.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Germany

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, what a toxic "I know better than everyone else, but will keep you losers in the dark about how I know better" shitfest.
It got somewhat toxic between two modding groups after it was discovered one group was using the others unpacked pcars 2 files. Funny that the person complaining also uses files taken from SMS, Kunos and Turn10 without permission.

Still it was interesting to read about some of the issues uncovered.

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
It got somewhat toxic between two modding groups after it was discovered one group was using the others unpacked pcars 2 files. Funny that the person complaining also uses files taken from SMS, Kunos and Turn10 without permission.

Still it was interesting to read about some of the issues uncovered.
Were they though? I can say stuff "inertia is too low, I can tell from the car files", that's not "uncovering" stuff. Give us an inertia value example and a comparison from more realistic games. IRL there is also a formula for car inertia that gets very close for most cars:
angularmassformulavieuv.png

Would have loved to check if that guy was right or not, with his behavior and attitude, I'm going "not" or "he is at least as off as SMS" for now (also interested if it was the same guy/group who said the same inertia things about Shift 2).

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
From memory it is tne same person who assisted with the community patches for Shift and Unleashed which also fixed many issues.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
It's been much cheaper than that through other vendors.
Still holding out for the ten quid GOTY edition.
The DLC has never been on sale on Steam so those who bought the LE or standard editions at launch day might be interested.

Point taken on the Deluxe version being cheaper elsewhere.

machinaea

Game Producer
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Kinda relieved to hear that; after the not so great debut of pCARS 2, I was a bit scared that there wouldn't be more.

pCARS 2 is still a really great game, warts and all, and whilst I think it may have hurt itself by being too ambitious leap forward instead of getting a ton more polish in, it still is one-of-a kind experience. I do think they will try to do the same thing again (having unique selling points that the high-budget competition doesn't have seems to be their way to stand-out) and I do hope they manage to find the budget for it. Regardless, I'm definitely going to be looking forward to this.

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I think if they ditched all their fanboy testers and include more veteran sim-racers (that come from iRacing and rFactor and can express their opinions in a somewhat technical manner) early on in their physics testing and decision making, then I blieve they could pull it off. They should especially rethink the low-speed grip and how fast a spinning tire regains adhesive grip.

I certainly wish them good luck.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I hope they finally get the controller right. Polyphony and Turn10 can manage a good default controller setup without us having to fiddle with 20 settings.

Ironchimp

Dec 16, 2017
Thinking of picking this up on the PS4 again i sold it before as it didn't control well on the DS4, has this been improved?