• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

Arion

Oct 26, 2017
The release date is today?? Super curious about this game, gave me some Dragon's Dogma vibes.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
Yes ! Please please please.

We know so little about this game and the trailer we saw (last year?) was so damn good. It made me genuinely excited for this game.

I am thirsty for a game exactly like that !

Thank you for sharing Lant_War !

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Between this and Sega Europe posting / quickly removing the English trailer for Yakuza 7 (and it's still not officially available), methinks a State of Play may be on the way.

(I don't know anything, just guessing.)

My guess is that a demo for Project Awakening will be released. Maybe during TGS. Not just in Europe but other territories.

I mean yeah it literally says in the description that it's a demo. And of course it wouldn't just be in Europe.

Jan 21, 2019

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Super exciting stuff! Been wanting to see more of this game; that last teaser was incredibly promising.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
It would make very little sense to develop a next-gen exclusive for a Japanese developer unless they want to specifically target a western audience. So I'm not surprised.

Considering how long it took Japan to jump onto the ps4 I think its a safe bet

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
The Korean rating board leaked a demo/prologue like 6+ months ago and nothing came of that.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I didn't know this is developed by Cygames. I wished there was a chance their Granblue Fantasy Relink would make an appearence on TGS as well. I'm dying to get more news about that game. But they seem to limit any news about the game to once a year in a December event. :/

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The Korean rating board leaked a demo/prologue like 6+ months ago and nothing came of that.

It was in February. It's also mentioned in the article.

Also when it was rated in Korea, we didn't know what it was. Lots of people including myself guessed it was a demo. The PEGI rating happened today and is the first to clearly state that it's a demo. The timing is also curious, what with TGS around the corner.

Oh, I didn't know this is developed by Cygames. I wished there was a chance their Granblue Fantasy Relink would make an appearence on TGS as well. I'm dying to get more news about that game. But they seem to limit any news about the game to once a year in a December event. :/

It's already confirmed that it'll be at Granblue Fes in December, so there's that at the very least. =)

Last edited:

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Was it GDC or E3 where they had an interview suggesting they still weren't sure what exactly type of game it would be?

Seems they've made a lot of progress since.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That's the date of the rating, not the actual game.

Most thought this was a PS5 game based on the graphics. Will be interesting to see what this turns out to be.
What? Was safe to think this was going to be playable on PS5.
I'm ready for the PS5 version.
Whoa I thought this was for sure a next gen title. I thought the devs even confirmed this in a recent interview after E3?
holy shit
i thought this is a next gen title

Definitely a possibility,
Takaki also discussed the possibility of the game becoming a PlayStation 5 title if development extended into the next generation of consoles.

FL: What platforms will it be available on? Next generation?
CG Takaki: As new as possible and as broad as possible. That's not really our goal, but if it happens, a new generation comes out and [our game] is still in development then yes.

fextralife.com

Project Awakening Interview with Cygames

Cygames shared their vision for their upcoming action RPG fantasy title Project Awakening, with a scope comparable to Skyrim with co-op, more details here!

Nov 23, 2017
It would make very little sense to develop a next-gen exclusive for a Japanese developer unless they want to specifically target a western audience. So I'm not surprised.

Considering how long it took Japan to jump onto the ps4 I think its a safe bet
true but isn't that's kinda what this game is? Cygames wanting to prove they can be the new square Enix of fidelity for worldwide console audience?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
a demo? i thought this game is very early and going to be next gen only.
wonder how closely it will match up to last year's trailer.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Was it GDC or E3 where they had an interview suggesting they still weren't sure what exactly type of game it would be?

Seems they've made a lot of progress since.
It was the progression they seemed to be confused about (they had no idea if they wanted you to get stronger by swinging swords and shit more or whatever), but I imagine they have enough combat for a demo.
It was in February. It's also mentioned in the article.

Also when it was rated in Korea, we didn't know what it was. Lots of people including myself guessed it was a demo. The PEGI rating happened today and is the first to clearly state that it's a demo. The timing is also curious, what with TGS around the corner.

It's already confirmed that it'll be at Granblue Fes in December, so there's that at the very least. =)
Your sleuthing has been absurdly on point the last couple of months by the way. A+ work.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It was the progression they seemed to be confused about (they had no idea if they wanted you to get stronger by swinging swords and shit more or whatever), but I imagine they have enough combat for a demo.

Your sleuthing has been absurdly on point the last couple of months by the way. A+ work.

Thanks mayne, I played Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth for like, a bunch of hours.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
One of the games I'm most interested in, so eager to see more footage and details about the game. Hopefully it scratches that Dragon's Dogma itch :)

Oct 25, 2017
Really glad I just found out about this. I'm kinda shocked that people aren't talking more about it. Though, it kinda evokes some Deep Down vibes for me, so maybe some have assumed this is just vaporware as well? When was this announced?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
So do we expect anything to happen with this during TGS? Unlikely?

It's the second time they've had a demo for this rated and nothing happen :(