• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I think it standing alone as a new IP is probably the best decision for this game. There are no expectations for party members, towns, and other FF staples. The fact RPG isn't anywhere in the description is interesting too.

But I can also see the lack of those things helping out the performance in a way that'll make FFXVI look "bad" by comparison. I mean I hope people realize they're different engines with different scopes but yeah.

Also there's a rundown here -

https://square-enix-games.com/news/forspoken

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
Are they just going to sell a FF XV reskin? Looks dull and boring, yo be honest, lots of work to do yet.

FF XVI looked like 100 times better and more interesting even with worse graphics, Yoshi P was so on point with his statements.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
Funny. In 2020 we was like: hey, 2021 gonna be a hell of good year for gaming.

Now it's the same, but with 2022 lol

Bigfellahull

Prophet of Truth
Mar 6, 2018
Looks ok. Kinda surprised to see so many "gameplay sold it to me" comments. Was we watching the same stream? I saw a women dashing through some environments and a brief look at casting spells? I didn't see much actual gameplay.

Hopefully we see something more substantial in the summer.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
The traversal and them animations, give it to me

5OFPWIo.gif

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
Movement looks fluid but the world looks generic and boring.

Looking forward to seeing what's next, hopefully with more interesting locales.

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
Really love what i see, but i would have preferred the Title to just stay Athia, especially since they now said that this is what the world is actually called. Forspoken sounds a bit weird.
Either way, looks fantastic.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Traversal looks pretty cool, combat looks pretty boring thus far and the world has a pretty generic open world sprawl to it.

They did pretty incredible work translating Ella's face into the game, though. Frey looks exactly like her.

Oct 31, 2017
Looks like a day 1 purchase for me but

1. I hate the premise of the story like I really really do. I'm hoping I come around to it but she looks stupid in those sneakers

2. the "motherfucking dragon" line was cringe

3. I told y'all the game was gonna have CGI 💅

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After how dull and derivative FFXVI reveal was, This MORE than makes up for it.

Well done SE, I'm actually excited.

If they can really integrate solid game design levels and battles with that type of traversal this will definitely be something pioneering for the genre.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Getting more interested in this than FFXVI
Hopefully by the time this comes out Ill actually have a new videocard at least.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
2022 let's goooo!

The game looks stunning and traversal is sooo fast. Can't wait to see more

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
The traversal and them animations, give it to me

5OFPWIo.gif

You know how spiderman can keep you playing hours on just due to how smooth that webswinging feels. If this game is able to achieve that with traversal and combat, I'm sold 100%. This looks so cool.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Looks ok. Kinda surprised to see so many "gameplay sold it to me" comments. Was we watching the same stream? I saw a women dashing through some environments and a brief look at casting spells? I didn't see much actual gameplay.

Yeah need more info on gameplay

I liked FFXV but that was mainly due to how the main characters interacted with each other

Other than the overall world was bland - hopefully this will be better

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
More info from the website:
Thrust into the dangerous land of Athia, the young hero must learn to harness magical abilities to survive. She'll face many fearsome foes and overcome treacherous trials on a journey unlike any other.

But what exactly is Forspoken, and what can you expect from this exciting project?

What is Forspoken

We originally introduced the game last year, as working title PROJECT ATHIA. During SQUARE ENIX PRESENTS, we pulled back the curtain further, revealing the world, character and its actual name: Forspoken.
The game's a narrative-driven adventure, and it's developed by Luminous Productions. The studio's philosophy is to create gameplay experiences that combine the latest technology with unbridled creativity - and that's a pretty accurate way to describe their new game.

Forspoken has been designed specifically for the PlayStation 5, taking advantage of the new console's power and features to createa game that feels like a true next-gen experience
What is Forspoken about?
In Forspoken, you'll play the role of Frey, as she enters Athia for the first time. This new land is stunningly beautiful, but also cruel and deadly. You can get a glimpse of the dangers she'll face in the new trailer:

Frey is brilliantly brought to life by the actor, Ella Balinska and she had this to say.

"As the first video game I've worked on, it's remarkable to see the incredible world and story of Forspoken come together, blurring the lines between reality and fantasy," said Balinska.

"Frey as a character is real, she's raw, she's a girl who lost her way - both figuratively and literally - and is a character I immediately connected with, as I feel many people around the world will too when they set off on this adventure."

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
"Introducing WITCH, The New Narrative-Driven Adventure Set in a Beautiful Yet Cruel World. "

Tf, from:

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Game looks real good. The movement looks fun and will make traversing this world a joy. Hope we get a longer gameplay presentation soon.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Just FYI:

In case anyone remembers, Sony's 3rd party release dates that they removed from their CES2021 Play has no limits logo had Project Athia as a January 2022 release.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018

Traversal is gameplay. So many open world games are fun based on their traversal alone (like SpiderMan for example), so if this one delivers in that regard, that's already a big thing for me. Of course, hopefully once they show the combat it will also look good, but I'm personally just excited of not having to drive a vehicle/ride a horse like in 99% of other games

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Eehhh, the open world looks barren and empty as fuck and it's still the FFXV team kek

Nice to have a black woman leading in AAA japanese title.