• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure why those "some states" are more important to the conversation than the ones that don't have such laws.. Such a law makes sense when the perpetrator can just claim the victim lied about their age. In this case we have actual evidence of them doing so though.

And why are we talking legal aspects anyway when the whole thing started as a moral problem? They went on twitter and contacted his friends and colleagues to accuse him and for everyone to shun him, not the police to get him arrested.

They are important because most of the country doesn't even allow a mistake-of-age defense, and if they do; there are several hoops you even need to jump through to establish that defense.

And it's still a goddamn moral problem because you're using your position, in a situation that is known for having fans of all ages, to potentially solicit a sexual situation and the main vindication will only be "oh, they said they were legal, so sounds legit." Like come the fuck on

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm always amazed at the statement of "I asked what her age was and she lied to me!".

I mean, if you have to ask in the first place is because they look like minors to you and if they are over 18 you can bang them without fearing any legal consequence. You can ask her license of ask her ID if you really want to be sure. But no, you trust her word because you don't really care about the truth.

I don't see how is that a good look,honestly.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You're acting like not being a pedophile cleared him Jesus Christ.
Holy shit. Wow you totally figured out what I wrote there and adressed my points in a thourough manner. Totally not trying to put words in my mouth. And I'm the one not suited for this discussion? No, I'm acting like there's a worlds difference between someone abusing his power to get nudes from fans and a motherfucking pedophile.
You are acting like him being a piece of shit makes the evidence of one of the accusers lying nonexistent. Spare me with your nonsense please.

Last edited:

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
lmao is this mother fucker actually blaming one of the acusations on the other person getting a head injury
No, he's saying that the timeframe in which the accuser claims to have interacted with him is almost the same timeframe they said they were in a hospital with no memory of said timeframe. He's saying they contradicted themselves. I agree bringing up the psychosis and whatnot was vile, but what's with some people's listening comprehension in here.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They are important because most of the country doesn't even allow a mistake-of-age defense, and if they do; there are several hoops you even need to jump through to establish that defense.

And it's still a goddamn moral problem because you're using your position, in a situation that is known for having fans of all ages, to potentially solicit a sexual situation and the main vindication will only be "oh, they said they were legal, so sounds legit." Like come the fuck on
So is it most of the country or some states? I'm not familiar with US law. The moral problem of him being a piece of shit in terms of abusing power is one thing, him being a pedophile, as described by the claims of the two accusers, another.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, I wish he were right, because that'd entail less nudes being send to goddamn kids.

And while I refuse to see the 4 month gap as an incriminating factor I won't expect him to be exonerated either.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
So is it most of the country or some states? I'm not familiar with US law. The moral problem of him being a piece of shit in terms of abusing power is one thing, him being a pedophile, as described by the claims of the two accusers, another.

If you roll up with the defense of "Your Honor, she said she was 18," most states are going to nail you to the wall with some kind of charge involving solicitation of a minor.

Of the ones that don't, they'll likely ask "okay how old was she and was your belief reasonable under the circumstances." If you fail any of these, these states will still nail you to the wall.

Out of the states that nail you to the wall, some of those (and I haven't researched this particular subject) are probably going to put you on some kind of sex offender registry, because the logic is that minors just can't give consent and the adult should be the one ensuring that they don't get themselves into situations like that.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Yeah, even if I believed this it's over for him. This will all follow him forever. People will clown on him in every tweet and video he makes. Only dsp is immune.

Drelkag

Oct 25, 2017
I hope everyone watches the video before judging his response.

He still did some scumbag things but there's a lot of things getting thrown around I wouldn't want to be falsely accused of either.

FSP

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, United Kingdom

DSP is bloody-minded, not immune, and his failings are mostly related to him being a very, very dumb person. That dude's career has been over for years and he's just not given up yet.

Hopefully this apology is ignored and he gets out of the Youtube community. Every asshat like this guy and Logan Paul means less ability for others who are not dodgy to survive on the platform.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
I think that baselessly being accused of pedophilia is incredibly awful no matter who you are, and I think the fact that he's not a pedophile is good because that means that's one less person online intentionally abusing children. I also believe in that regard, his evidence is completely solid.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
DSP is bloody-minded, not immune, and his failings are mostly related to him being a very, very dumb person. That dude's career has been over for years and he's just not given up yet.

Hopefully this apology is ignored and he gets out of the Youtube community. Every asshat like this guy and Logan Paul means less ability for others who are not dodgy to survive on the platform.
Nah, DSP has done a lot of things in a malicious way, not just because he doesn't realize that what he is doing is wrong.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
This person is trash and shouldn't get any attention. Fuck him, he should have stayed burried.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
This is a slanted YouTube response video that addresses only some of the allegations and seems to be framed to exonerate Jared as much as possible. Given that aspects of this case are still ongoing, the thread is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.