• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HamCormier

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Do you actually know what century we're in? HURR HURR I HAVE A DICK AND LIKE TO FUCK really isn't a valid excuse for anything.

How did I use it as an excuse? He got famous, he got more offers than he could've had before his fame, probably more flirting, took advantage of it and now he's being shamed for it. The bit about Bill Burr is to relate how people imagine that successful people are pigs, while he implies that all men are pigs -- they just can't act on it.

Zelretch

Oct 25, 2017
Whether or not someone has brain damage when you tried to hook up with then while they were underage not only makes you even more of a monster, but it also says a lot about you that you attempt to deflect from serious accusations by saying "but the other person was possibly doing something bad too! She's even mentally ill!"

His word is that he never had any contact with that person, that that person showed absolutely no proof of what said happened and so you have to take that person's word to jared, but also that that person stated that during the time period the events described happened she/he was suffering serious problems from an accident which included short and long term memory loss and hallusinations.

I don't know if Jared is telling the truth or not, he is without doubt using some elements to entice simpathy which may be a bit forced BUT your post is based on nothing and you have 0 proof of what you are saying when it is a pretty serious accusation. I find that to be pretty toxic which is troubling comming from a verified member

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Having watched the video I certainly think it's interesting. The two claims of him sharing nudes with underages seem like there is some doubt there after what he's shown, at least to me. The Pamela Horton thing I'm not too sure on because he says that Pamela never specifically stated what event she's talking about but he knows and he can prove nothing like that happened. But how does he know and couldn't it easily be a different event it happened at if Pamela never stated the event in her claim? The cheating thing doesn't have much atm because not all the text messages are available but if they do become available at some point then perhaps there's something there. I don't know the full story from all sides but what Jared presents certainly makes me side with him a bit more, certainly on the underage claim. I think at this point there's too much fog there to say anything for certain.

It's a shame some people here completely dismissed him without even giving the video a chance. Until claims are 100% I think the accused should still be given a chance to explain their side. Of course, people can disagree but I think that's unfortunate.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
It appears he has good enough evidence to disprove the underage claims. Even then I doubt his lawyers would even let him release this video if the receipts weren't rock solid.

Still, the guy emotionally abused his ex-wife and manipulated other women, he's not in the clear by any stretch.

And yeah, dropping this on today of all days is a bad look.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I think it's absolutely bonkers that people don't understand how fucking scummy and creepy the private Tumblr he was talking about was, not to mention him answering asks on his public Tumblr about fucking his fans. Using your job as a "celebrity" to try and get things from people who have less power than you in a situation is never something that should just be treated like not a big deal, and I have no idea how people can treat it that way. Even in this video, he just completely glosses over it. What a fucking scumbag.

The underage accusations were never the only issue here, the issue is how fucking manipulative he was to his ex-wife, how manipulative he currently is with Heidi, and how manipulative he was toward his fans.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How did I use it as an excuse? He got famous, he got more offers than he could've had before his fame, probably more flirting, took advantage of it and now he's being shamed for it. The bit about Bill Burr is to relate how people imagine that successful people are pigs, while he implies that all men are pigs -- they just can't act on it.
Bold choice to use sexism as a defense.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's worthwhile to watch the video before commenting on it. It's crazy to me that people have already condemned this guy without hearing his response. It's understandable to want to be outraged and join in on the mob when it's about sexual abuse and minors, but I think it's only fair to hear both sides first, right? What a rough time we're living in.

That being said, I haven't watched the video yet, so he could very well actually be a monster. I'll watch the video without any preconceived notions when I have some time later and come to my own conclusion afterwards.

Yes, you are clearly going into the video without any preconceived notions.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I know the name because i remember he was (one off or regular ? don't know) on Nickelodeon.
...and a Nickelodeon appearing dude being accused -if i understand correctly- of soliciting underage girls is not too shiny.

Everyone gets his due at some point, either here or the otherworld.

edit:
works both ways of course, get justice or punishment

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think it's absolutely bonkers that people don't understand how fucking scummy and creepy the private Tumblr he was talking about was, not to mention him answering asks on his public Tumblr about fucking his fans. Using your job as a "celebrity" to try and get things from people who have less power than you in a situation is never something that should just be treated like not a big deal, and I have no idea how people can treat it that way. Even in this video, he just completely glosses over it. What a fucking scumbag.
I agree on that, he just adresses it once at the beginning.

John198X

Nov 9, 2018
Regardless of how granular anyone wants to get about the legality of anything this dude did, there's been nothing to disprove him being a total fuckin' creep.

At best, he maybe didn't trade nudes with underage fans on purpose, but he wouldn't even have been at risk of something like that happening if he wasn't a total fuckin' creep.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit this dude does look like projared, I guess that means Kyle Bosman is a predator? I mean sh'es referring to this exact panel but that ain't jared.
Yes when he introduces himself as "HEY EVERYONE, I'M KYLE BOSMAN I come from a group called Easy Allies", she must have actually heard "ProJared"

HamCormier

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Of course I'd stop. You and I obviously have completely opposite morals and view points regarding this. What Jared was doing was incredibly unhealthy and the fact a lot of his fanbase are younger people, the risk of sending or receiving nudes from someone underage was very high. Its all very disgusting and whether you want to try and justify his actions or not, in my opinion it's unforgivable and I'll always view him as a sexual predator.

Yeah no I agree -- I would stop if I was shamed for it. Too bad you view him as a sexual predator for being promiscuous.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Of course I'd stop. You and I obviously have completely opposite morals and view points regarding this. What Jared was doing was incredibly unhealthy and the fact a lot of his fanbase are younger people, the risk of sending or receiving nudes from someone underage was very high. Its all very disgusting and whether you want to try and justify his actions or not, in my opinion it's unforgivable and I'll always view him as a sexual predator.
Yep you can tell some people just dont give a fuck.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018

The underage accusations were never the only issue here, the issue is how fucking manipulative he was to his ex-wife, how manipulative he currently is with Heidi, and how manipulative he was toward his fans.
Yup, it pretty sad people are ignoring this, then again fuck those shitty posters.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I remember people claiming this is how he would do a video. Sad posture thumbnail, sigh or sniffle with jumpcuts, "I did nothing wrong, I did everything correct", etc.

Flon

Is Here to Kill Chaos
Oct 27, 2017
While he backs up some claims, there's certainly an abuse of power that would have always ended like this. You can't foster a fanbase on Youtube and Twitch of all places and then interact sexually with your fans; it's absolutely not an adults only platform. There is no way you couldn't have known the risks of such manipulative behavior.

Last edited:

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
When the main point of the accuser is that he never asked for their age and then it turns out in fact he did and they just left it out of the screens they posted, that's a valid defense? But maybe I'm missing something?

As a defense against the specific claim that he had, in fact, asked for the accuser's age, perhaps. As a defense against the larger, more important claim that he abused his power and irresponsibly sent sexualized messages to people, some of whom were underage, it's terrible.

You fell for that shit? I swear, some of you are just looking for ANY reason to not believe women.

Your lips to god's ears, my friend.

HamCormier

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
User Banned (permanent): dismissing sexual assault, trolling over a series of posts, long history of similar behavior
Bold choice to use sexism as a defense.
karen-meangirls.jpg

Do you view the world as 'black and white' or something? Being a 'pig' isn't sexism.

Oct 25, 2017
What is it with inarticulate defenses and the insistence to WATCH THE VIDEO. Loose change strikes again. If you can be swayed by liars who lie, don't assume others are such easy marks.

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Pamela Horton actually knows Kyle Bosman - so anybody saying she might have confused him for Jared doesn't know what the hell they are saying and shouldn't make comments connecting Kyle to this drama.

Jun 26, 2018
I ain't gonna waste my life watching whatever excuses he spent the last few months to concoct. We know for a fact he used his name to entice fans to trade nudes, that's honestly enough of a creep move for me to lose all faith in him.

I liked his content a lot, but I ain't about to turn a blind eye to that kind of bullshit.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Having watched the video I certainly think it's interesting. The two claims of him sharing nudes with underages seem like there is some doubt there after what he's shown, at least to me. The Pamela Horton thing I'm not too sure on because he says that Pamela never specifically stated what event she's talking about but he knows and he can prove nothing like that happened. But how does he know and couldn't it easily be a different event it happened at if Pamela never stated the event in her claim? The cheating thing doesn't have much atm because not all the text messages are available but if they do become available at some point then perhaps there's something there. I don't know the full story from all sides but what Jared presents certainly makes me side with him a bit more, certainly on the underage claim. I think at this point there's too much fog there to say anything for certain.

It's a shame some people here completely dismissed him without even giving the video a chance. Until claims are 100% I think the accused should still be given a chance to explain their side. Of course, people can disagree but I think that's unfortunate.

Look, I watched the entire thing. This is just one side of the story and if you want to believe his side go ahead but I personally don't trust a word he's said. He's been absent for months speaking to lawyers and acting like we're a jury looking to convict him without a shadow of a doubt. He's even trying to discredit the accusers by saying they were looking for internet fame. Which Jared then turns around and uses his own internet fame to ask his legions of fans to fight back and "spread the truth". Its a horribly manipulative abuse of his position and now I'm seeing why he can't quit YouTube and piss off. Its all he knows and all he's accustomed to and I don't believe for a second he's innocent. He's manipulating his very own fanbase and they can't see through it because they think he's their friend or something.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how anyone can buy this shit. I'm already 10 min in, and his defense is a movement of the goalposts of what's okay... Christ

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. Ok after watching the video I think I believe him about the underage nude stuff. However he shouldn't have asked for nudes from anyone nor accepted them.

As far as the cheating goes I have no idea who was right or wrong. The texts from his therapist cast some doubt on the whole thing that he abused her emotionally but it's not enough.

I don't think he's a pedophile though anymore.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
The only point I'm making is that the age of the participant is rather irrelevant to the subject of his actions and behavior. it severely hurt its reputation under these circumstances (which is an understatement, of course), but is not an all green to absolve him of his less than, pardon the pun, professional ways he's become known for over the past year. I wish him luck in trying to get his shit together. If JonTron can do it, so can he.

Sure, but that's not the point that he's trying to refute. He's specifically addressing something that is illegal versus something that people deem immoral.

You and I may not like what he did overall, but I think he presents a pretty compelling and reasonable case that he didn't actually break any laws, which is the point of at least the first half of his video to begin with.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting three months to claim innocence is the most obvious indicator of a definitely innocent person

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting three months to claim innocence is the most obvious indicator of a definitely innocent person

it's ok, his lawyers had to him the go ahead, and that's how you know he only provides Just The Facts, because lawyers representing someone accused of sexual misconduct definitely don't try to muddy the water and blame victims

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. Ok after watching the video I think I believe him about the underage nude stuff. However he shouldn't have asked for nudes from anyone nor accepted them.

As far as the cheating goes I have no idea who was right or wrong. The texts from his therapist cast some doubt on the whole thing that he abused her emotionally but it's not enough.

I don't think he's a pedophile though anymore.

Basically same. Still a shitty person, probably didn't commit a crime.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As a defense against the specific claim that he had, in fact, asked for the accuser's age, perhaps. As a defense against the larger, more important claim that he abused his power and irresponsibly sent sexualized messages to people, some of whom were underage, it's terrible.
See, I agree with the larger point. The job and audience he has should automatically stop him to think about the risks involved. It's obviously not any legal defense to say they lied about their age, even if they evidently did. Nor is it really defensible on any moral basis, because it happened. I'm just saying that his intentions didn't seem to be sending nudes to minors. that doesn't make him not a scumbag, but still. Before this people made me believe he was a full on pedophile. That seems to not be the case. And my opinion on the two accusers in question also changed based on the evidence.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
There sure is a lot of "I don't remember doing that" and not a lot of "I did not do that" going on in that video.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, it pretty sad people are ignoring this, then again fuck those shitty posters.
This is the most depressing thing for me. People already were dismissing the cheating and manipulation because "is none of our business", and now that the comes forward to "clean himself" of the child accusations suddenly we have to accept him returning to his Youtube work like nothing happened?

Even if he was on the clear about the kids pics, he still is a massive jackass who is manipulation people as he wishes, and he actually used his fame for shitty stuff. As true as the point he makes on his video may be, that doesn't give him a free out of jail card for all his wrongdoings. There is zero self-reflection, there's no apology, there's no "I'm willing to change", nothing.

He may be legally free and not facing charges or prison time, but that doesn't mean one can simply return to his old life and put this all under the rug. He's free to continue living his life as every person should be, but here Jared just took the worst possible decision regarding all this mess, a mess he wouldn't have to deal with it if it weren't for his weird kinks, to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.