• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017

Are these edited Heidi's messages?

Why would they be edited? They seem like completely normal things to post when you come forward about your abusive situation and people actually side with you.

I just don't get Holly's game plan here. She's posting completely mundane shit like it's the gotcha of the century.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Why would they be edited? They seem like completely normal things to post when you come forward about your abusive situation and people actually side with you.

I just don't get Holly's game plan here. She's posting completely mundane shit like it's the gotcha of the century

Maybe she is trying to paint her in a negative light in order to get support for her side of the story (whatever that is)

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
They been together 8 years and have a child. I got married and divorced in half that time. I don't understand the desire to overlook shitty choices because the other person made shittier ones. She tried to steal his gold play button. That was unnecessarily petty I'm not gonna gloss over that. The law was on her side. Sure, but why not just kill him with success? Take his play button just to screw him? It's a bad look. And seeing how I just witnessed a similar and messy situation. Also stop acting like it's an entirely different thing. His girlfriend was in the lease. He called the cops but they couldn't do anything. She only took the shit she knew he enjoyed not to mention not letting him see his son(lonnng story) atleast my Roomate's girlfriend/baby mother paid for the thing she intended to take.
That play button should go back to youtube anyway now.
Also if they were married when he received it, it's also partly hers.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
They been together 8 years and have a child. I got married and divorced in half that time. I don't understand the desire to overlook shitty choices because the other person made shittier ones. She tried to steal his gold play button. That was unnecessarily petty I'm not gonna gloss over that. The law was on her side. Sure, but why not just kill him with success? Take his play button just to screw him? It's a bad look. And seeing how I just witnessed a similar and messy situation. Also stop acting like it's an entirely different thing. His girlfriend was in the lease. He called the cops but they couldn't do anything. She only took the shit she knew he enjoyed not to mention not letting him see his son(lonnng story) atleast my Roomate's girlfriend/baby mother paid for the thing she intended to take.
You're comparing a girlfriend / boyfriend relationship to the legally binding relationship of marriage. Things just work differently when it comes to material items, property and money once marriage enters into the equation.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I don't get why so many people on Twitter are getting so mad at Heidi for yelling and being angry about all of this on her own personal Facebook and through text with the two people who caused her to get so angry in the first place. It's almost like they expect victims of abuse to behave in exactly some certain way when it's obvious people aren't going to get out of an abusive situation without being at least a little upset at the whole thing.
yup, the "proof" posited as some sort of evidence against Heidi by Holly and Jared as a schemer/manipulator is ridiculous. as someone who's been cheated on/been in an abusive relationship, her reaction is pretty identical to my own. it breaks you down psychologically the longer you live with it, it makes you into a worse version of yourself, giving into anger and depression... the more you love someone the harder the fall is. infidelity fucking hurts and can be ruinous to a person's mental health, and it can have harmful effects even when it's unbeknownst to the person being cheated on.... it takes awhile to make peace and find healing, and it only comes after you separate

people who cheat are really low people, they get off on the taboo of it... like it's some sort of forbidden love, when they're really just being cowardly, immature, and spiteful assholes... which at the bare minimum, Jared and Holly, most def are

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
So I decided to tweet @ holly about Jared sending nudes to underage girls and like fucking clockwork.

Yeah, unfortunately people are willing to cape for their heroes as long as they have even the tiniest bit of room for denial. Chai did make his account private, but I'd be willing to bet that has more to do with people like the one that replied to you than the strength of his accusations and evidence. Putting evidence in quotes is really fucking telling.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
i know that if *I* were accused of soliciting minors for nudes and cheating on my wife, then fleeing the state is just the thing that would prove my innocence

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The amount of gas lighting Holly is doing would make Victorian England at night look like a candle in comparison.

DragoonC

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Sweden
User Banned (permanent): Concern Trolling and Misrepresenting Other Users in a Sensitive Thread Over a Series of Posts; Previous Severe Infractions; Account in Junior Phase
Too be frank. Neither of the people involved in this situation on either side sounds like good people to be around. I only feel sorry for the people who looked up to them and were taken advantage of.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, sure Heidi was "mean" to Holly, but when you don't take those messages out of context like Holly did she was being "mean" because Jared and Holly were being huge pieces of shit for months.

DragoonC

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Sweden
Oh! being mysterious!
Instead of being forthright with what's wrong, it's delaying.
What a great way to waste everyone's time!
What? I don't have to list a summary of what has transpired to justify why they seem to be people who have made questionable decisions in private and now taken them public.

They are adults but the people who were taken advantage of were not.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
You can keep waiting. I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing over other people's choices.
I know, you're just delaying and bloviating for no reason at all.
No one forced you to interact at all but yet here we are.
Your perspective may shed a light on what other posters may have missed but you're right, it's much easier to be vague and noncommittal to be seen above it all.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Sucks that some in the industry are lumping Heidi in with Jared and Holly in regards to character. Maybe my reading comprehension is lacking in terms of this tweet, but he seems to imply that Heidi is not a good person.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Sucks that some in the industry are lumping Heidi in with Jared and Holly in regards to character. Maybe my reading comprehension is lacking in terms of this tweet, but he seems to imply that Heidi is not a good person.

This is the most
giphy.gif

I've seen in a while

Alternatively

Status
Not open for further replies.