• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
gZpg7fN.png

Dude should update his Twitch info...

Yeah people are gonna send some nasty stuff to his PO box.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
H3H3 wouldn't defend this. Then again I haven't watched in a long time, has anything changed?
Ethan has become discount Boogie for shitty centrism. He had Boogie on his podcast once and it was the one where Boogie said something like "Well look where that got the liberals in Charlottesville." with Ethan going "Yep yep mmhmm" along with him.

I think Ethan's downfall really began at that "Hugh Mungus" thing, where while the dude in the video did nothing wrong, he just kept going on and on and on about the "triggered feminists" or whatever. Apparently very recently (like within the last two weeks), he fat shamed a bunch of instagram models too.

However despite Ethan being shitty, I seriously doubt he would defend ProJared here.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
I heard (and subsequently forgot) about RelaxAlax like 7-8 months ago and nothing about his situation surprises me at all. Guy always came across as a JonTron wannabe so go figure he turns out to be just as shitty as he is.

Sidenote: He also might have some of the worst thumbnails on Youtube.

I saw his P5 video and enjoyed it to a certain amount but his JonTron creative and editing choices are very clear. Looks like he also didn't stop at that either.

jipewithin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I assume its not legal in the USA to sleep with someone under 18, in any state? In here (northern europe) 16 is age of consent so this whole drama on this specific issue feels kind of weird in my ears. Is this really such a big deal? Many even call him pedophile which sounds pretty insane.

Edit: okay there was someone who was 15, just read threadmarks.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I assume its not legal in the USA to sleep with someone under 18, in any state? In here (northern europe) 16 is age of consent so this whole drama on this specific issue feels kind of weird in my ears. Is this really such a big deal? Many even call him pedophile which sounds pretty insane.

If the age of consent was 15, would yo be okay with it? What if it was 14? 13?

jipewithin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Rationalizing the solicitation of minors
If the age of consent was 15, would yo be okay with it? What if it was 14? 13?
Good question and to be honest I can't give an answer to that which is "correct". 13 years olds are children. 16 well, not so much. At least it's not pedophilia in any sense or form. Criminal liability starts at 15 here so I guess that would be ok? If im not mistaken age of consent in sweden is 15.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
seems strange to be more concerned about numbers and the definition of pedophilia rather than his actual actions

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Good question and to be honest I can't give an answer to that which is "correct". 13 years olds are children. 16 well, not so much. At least it's not pedophilia in any sense or form. Criminal liability starts at 15 here so I guess that would be ok? If im not mistaken age of consent in sweden is 15.

There may be physiological differences between a 13 & 16 year old, but I have never met a 16 year old with the emotional/mental maturity to be considered an "adult" Most 16, hell, 18 year olds, would probably do anything for an idolized celebrity after enough sweet talk. And predators know that.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
There may be physiological differences between a 13 & 16 year old, but I have never met a 16 year old with the emotional/mental maturity to be considered an "adult" Most 16, hell, 18 year olds, would probably do anything for an idolized celebrity after enough sweet talk. And predators know that.
I think sometimes that the age of adulthood should be increased, to atleast 21. I'm not even against it being 25, honestly. I know I was still naive as hell in my early 20s.

EDIT: This post wasn't intended to start a derail that distracts from the serious issues of this thread. With respect to that I will not be responding to further quotes of this post.

Last edited:

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
ERA's collective (maybe the entire Internet?) Stand Ability is to helpfully explain the difference between pedophilia and ephebophilia. Y'all should know this by now.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018

Age of consent laws for 16 years olds don't exist for grown ass men in their late twenties/early 30s to groom 16 year old girls, creepy you'd even try to excuse that.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Age of consent laws for 16 years olds don't exist for grown ass men in their late twenties/early 30s to groom 16 year old girls, creepy you'd even try to excuse that.
Indeed, laws like that are in place because governments know teenagers will explore and experiment within their age groups, not to excuse fully grown adults coercing and/or exploiting them under the banner of "it's legal!".

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ERA's collective (maybe the entire Internet?) Stand Ability is to helpfully explain the difference between pedophilia and ephebophilia. Y'all should know this by now.
"Sticky Fingers" has already been taken though.

I give the side eye to everybody who brings up this distinction too. Like, what are we trying settle here? Eight years of prison time versus 10?

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
I'm sure this has been discussed in this massive thread already, but to just talk about another aspect of this whole situation, is anyone else just really bummed by how shitty he turned out to be? In my case, I don't watch a lot of youtubers. I'm an older guy, so a lot of the people on youtube don't really appeal to me, because they often seem to target a younger audience. There a few exceptions, but out of all the channels out there, in my list of maybe...20 subs, Projared was one of the few. To see that this is how he turned out to be, just bums me out so much, because my already small list of people I watched, just got even smaller.

I almost never use twitch, and I've never subscribed to anyone on there, except one. A few months ago, I decided to sub to ProJared on twitch, because I thought "he seems like the only one I think is worth it"...boy what a shitty lack of judgement on my part.

I don't look up to most celebrities, but it still just bothers me so much that one of the few "famous" people I followed, and thought might be a good guy, ended up being such a scumbag. Please god, do not let Perfume, or Kyary Pamyu Pamyu turn out to have some dark secrets...I don't think I could handle the only celeb fandoms I have be destroyed.

With all that being said, people on here, what are your stances on still enjoying content created by people who end up being scumbags? On one side, I get it, you don't want to support scumbags by buying into their shit after they're revealed. At the same time, if we can't separate the art from the artist, I feel like we might not have any art worth enjoying. Bill Cosby has been outted as a scumbag, but I literally have decades of my family always laughing at his comedy special from the 70s. My parents met him, and ran a booking group in NY before I was born, and were in charge of transporting and setting up a show of his. Even after the stuff that came out about him, my family still kinda looks fondly at him because they said he was a nice man and put on a good show for their company.

In the case of ProJared, it's hard to just wipe away all the fun memories he has helped provide for me. Nothing quite as personal as the Bill Cosby story, I finally played certain games because of him, and I ended up loving old school RPGs like Final Fantasy 3. What's your stance on enjoying a scumbag's content after they've been revealed? Is it wrong to do so?

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Max is awesome.

I just wish he wasn't a fighting game channel for me. Not into those at all, but love watching max.
Agreed, not super into fighting games either but Max is super entertaining to watch and seems like a really genuine guy

While fighting is his primary thing, he isn't solely fighting. He's been branching out to more of a variety (in the sense of anything else he wants to play besides fighting) gaming. Lately it's been fighting but with E3 on the horizon im sure he has plans to replay FF7 and a few other games outside of fighting.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I know naive 40 year old's; this is silly. People's rights shouldn't be limited until they are a quarter century old.

Frankly, I think age of consent should be replaced with something like the "half plus seven" rule. The age of the other person should factor as well; no matter what age of consent you set, it feels fundamentally broken that [age-1] dating [age] is illegal, but [age] dating [50] is perfectly fine.

Razor Mom

Jan 2, 2018
United Kingdom
Frankly, I think age of consent should be replaced with something like the "half plus seven" rule. The age of the other person should factor as well; no matter what age of consent you set, it feels fundamentally broken that [age-1] dating [age] is illegal, but [age] dating [50] is perfectly fine.
Eh, nah. I don't think there's anything wrong with a 25 year old banging a 50 year old if that's what they both want. But this is getting off topic now.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For 18 year olds who are graduating from high school and driven into full-time employment, they absolutely should be allowed to have sex. It doesn't make sense to me why someone who has to work and pay bills and manage their life should be denied that.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I'm sure this has been discussed in this massive thread already, but to just talk about another aspect of this whole situation, is anyone else just really bummed by how shitty he turned out to be? In my case, I don't watch a lot of youtubers. I'm an older guy, so a lot of the people on youtube don't really appeal to me, because they often seem to target a younger audience. There a few exceptions, but out of all the channels out there, in my list of maybe...20 subs, Projared was one of the few. To see that this is how he turned out to be, just bums me out so much, because my already small list of people I watched, just got even smaller.

I almost never use twitch, and I've never subscribed to anyone on there, except one. A few months ago, I decided to sub to ProJared on twitch, because I thought "he seems like the only one I think is worth it"...boy what a shitty lack of judgement on my part.

I don't look up to most celebrities, but it still just bothers me so much that one of the few "famous" people I followed, and thought might be a good guy, ended up being such a scumbag. Please god, do not let Perfume, or Kyary Pamyu Pamyu turn out to have some dark secrets...I don't think I could handle the only celeb fandoms I have be destroyed.

With all that being said, people on here, what are your stances on still enjoying content created by people who end up being scumbags? On one side, I get it, you don't want to support scumbags by buying into their shit after they're revealed. At the same time, if we can't separate the art from the artist, I feel like we might not have any art worth enjoying. Bill Cosby has been outted as a scumbag, but I literally have decades of my family always laughing at his comedy special from the 70s. My parents met him, and ran a booking group in NY before I was born, and were in charge of transporting and setting up a show of his. Even after the stuff that came out about him, my family still kinda looks fondly at him because they said he was a nice man and put on a good show for their company.

In the case of ProJared, it's hard to just wipe away all the fun memories he has helped provide for me. Nothing quite as personal as the Bill Cosby story, I finally played certain games because of him, and I ended up loving old school RPGs like Final Fantasy 3. What's your stance on enjoying a scumbag's content after they've been revealed? Is it wrong to do so?
I'm bummed. He was one of my safe YouTubers. I enjoyed his content on his LP channel a lot. Watched it every day as long as it was a game I cared about. It's frustrating to lose him now. I'm still a bit in shock that this stuff happened. Guess I didn't know him as well as I thought. Nor did a lot of his friends apparently.

Off topic: Him not finishing his LTTP+Super Metroid Randomizer run is kind of giving me blue balls. I love randomizers so I'm disappointed this all happened when he was so close to finishing the game. Does anyone know any other good playthroughs of that on YouTube? Or any randomizer, preferably Zelda? I already watched the Beard Bros play the game once. I just really want more. lol

Oct 26, 2017
I'm bummed. He was one of my safe YouTubers. I enjoyed his content on his LP channel a lot. Watched it every day as long as it was a game I cared about. It's frustrating to lose him now. I'm still a bit in shock that this stuff happened. Guess I didn't know him as well as I thought. Nor did a lot of his friends apparently.

Off topic: Him not finishing his LTTP+Super Metroid Randomizer run is kind of giving me blue balls. I love randomizers so I'm disappointed this all happened when he was so close to finishing the game. Does anyone know any other good playthroughs of that on YouTube? Or any randomizer, preferably Zelda? I already watched the Beard Bros play the game once. I just really want more. lol

There's a is a well commented GDQ race for that particular randomizer from a couple of events ago.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
There's a is a well commented GDQ race for that particular randomizer from a couple of events ago.
Saw that one too. Was wonderful. Anyone else? I love these randomizers. Especially Zelda ones because you need to be intimately familiar with the locations of every item to be able to do them well. It's always fun to watch someone open a chest and find another Rupee for the hundredth time.

Status
Not open for further replies.