• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnite

Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to think Jared's statement did exactly what he and maybe his legal team wanted it to. Far more people are now throwing accusations at Heidi, even here, and far fewer people are talking about his manipulation of underage fans. He's turning this discussion into a "He said, she said" affair, which will cause some people to just ignore the whole situation as "internet drama" or something like that.

His deflection is somewhat working simply because people are more interested in talking about the TMZ-level cheating drama than the actually important allegations of pedophilia.

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
lol just saw that Keemstar stuff. It's like every dipshit under the sun is crawling out of the woodwork. "Hey lady can you give me the short version in a video oh and if possible try to sound like me and upload it on my channel that'd be super. What do you mean you won't? If you're gonna be like that I'll make a video painting you as the bad guy!"

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Heidi could be 100% responsible for pushing Jared into a poly relationship, changing her mind on a whim after he had been open about the sex he had in a poly relationship, could have been a cold, nasty, manipulative women who verbally abused Jared for years...

And that still doesn't excuse ProJared fishing for nudes or sending dick picks to minors. Even if Heidi herself was pushing Jared to do these things, Jared would still be responsible for going through with it.

Of course I don't believe the Heidi is some master con artist who master minded Jared's downfall while being an emotionally abusive spouse, it doesn't fit with everything else we've seen about the situation. Too many of Jared's friends and associates have abandoned him for his side of the story to have much truth to is.

claudelabonte

Oct 27, 2017
St-Lambert
I get what y'all saying about the fact that he didn't mention the sending nudes to minor thing, but I don't think it would be very wise from him from a legal perspective to address this since it's probably in the hands of justice right now~

man it's fucking disturbing and sad

Oct 25, 2017
lol just saw that Keemstar stuff. It's like every dipshit under the sun is crawling out of the woodwork. "Hey lady can you give me the short version in a video oh and if possible try to sound like me and upload it on my channel that'd be super. What do you mean you won't? If you're gonna be like that I'll make a video painting you as the bad guy!"
He just wants her to accommodate his tabloid sleaze profiteeering, yeah.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
ProJared definitely believes his own farts. Take it from someone whose been struggling with honesty his entire life because of his own abuse - at some point you distort the truth so much you insist to even yourself that it's true.

I don't mean to imply that Jared has that in his history, or that if he did, it'd absolve him anymore than it does me. I'm just saying, the psychology of untruthfulness is similar, no matter whether it's the product of the cycle of abuse, or pure selfishness like it is with him.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The people who think Heidi was similarly in the wrong need to look up gaslighting. It's very easy for an abuser to make their partner agree to things they otherwise wouldn't agree to when their money/reputation/future are basically held hostage. It's also incredibly clear how much he kept from her, too.

Also the fact that statement doesn't even mention the minors is basically an admission of guilt on that front. He could have easily squeezed in "I have never sent pictures of that nature to minors" (even though there's evidence), but instead he totally ignored it, probably because he knows how much evidence there is against him. He's simply twisting the narrative in his favor.

It's such a mess and I really feel for Heidi since she was obviously in the process of moving on when he decided to drop that "apology".

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck off, Jared. Dude had every opportunity to damage control this in a respectable manager and instead he just decides to play the "MY WIFE IS CRAZY AND I DID THIS FOR HER" card.

I feel so bad for Heidi.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
ok cool but even if we were to believe his shoddy statement he's still a child rapist via statutory rape.

why even try to say anything? you're still going to jail.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Of course the discourse is devolving into YouTuber clique politics instead of discussing the whole pedophile thing

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
In other news, I wish that people stopped putting pics of this dick's dick in their replies. I was just looking for jokes and now I'm sadly part of the "I have seen ProJared's dick" club.

fargodog

Banned
Feb 24, 2019
People biting onto this shitty bait and suddenly declaring this a "both sides' situation are so fucking transparent and repulsive. That includes the not insubstantial amount of people positing similar sentiments in this thread.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
It's not that weird he didn't make a statement about the soliciting minors thing. A lawyer would probably advise against making a statement especially if the feds are looking into it. That investigation could take a while if they are even interested in the first place. However I did read of a Youtuber who was recently jailed for asking many underage fans for picks by the feds. Who knows at this point but it could take sometime especially if he has money.

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
For God's sake, the reason we aren't talking more about the pedophilia accusations!?

There is less stuff about it, less recent news, and we all agree it's terrible, there is no discussion to be had here aside from saying he deserves to go to jail.

Yes, we get it, those accusations are far more serious, we all have stated this, but saying "I can't believe people are talking about the cheating instead of the pedophilia!" won't change things because, again, the information we have about that came out days ago and everything has already been said and there is nothing to discuss.

The cheating and abuse are things we are getting more and more information about, and there is enough difference in opinions about elements like the polygamous relationship to have a discussion about it, that is why, it's not that we don't care about the accusations, it's just there is nothing else to say.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't find any of their statements relatable or not completely calculated.
I.E. i think everyone in this story is a dick.

TBH it really doesn't matter what you think of each person. The only one who potentially broke the law and did something disgusting is Jared. Their marriage, cheating, etc is nothing in the face of that.

That's where the focus should be. Not saying "I think everyone in this story is a dick."

Dec 2, 2017
How long would it take US police to get a warrant to search Jared's home and electronic devices? I thought he'd been reported last week.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
ProJared is an idiot for making a statement in the first place but if he truly did not silicate pics from minors, he would have taken the time to deny the allegations. He didn't and instead focused on his failed marriage. The purpose of the statement isn't to clear things up regarding his marriage. It's meant to distract people away from the more serious accusations.

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How long would it take US police to get a warrant to search Jared's home and electronic devices? I thought he'd been reported last week.

It can take a bit of time. The victim reported him to the Department of Justice and I'd image they have other cases to go through before even looking at hers first, and even then they would likely transfer it to a more local division to handle it. I give him another week or two before the police and FBI investigate his home.

Dec 2, 2017
IDK and i'm sure something like that would also get the FBI involved as well. I'm sure that takes time, but I'd be shocked if he wasn't reported and being investigated right now.
It can take a bit of time. The victim reported him to the Department of Justice and I'd image they have other cases to go through before even looking at hers first, and even then they would likely transfer it to a more local division to handle it. I give him another week or two before the police and FBI investigate his home.
Great, get the law involved, let's see him post a smug PR statement for that.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
But she caught me on the tumblr (Wasn't me)
Saw me hitting up the minors (Wasn't me)
I even had her in the Snapchat (Wasn't me)
She even caught me on Twitter (Wasn't me)
She saw the marks on Holly (Wasn't me)
Heard the lies that I told her (Wasn't me)
Saw the penis pictures (Wasn't me)
She stayed til I was arrested
FTFY

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
User Banned (2 Weeks): Downplaying concerns surrounding sexual harassment and abuse
So are you saying the guy who sent his dick to minors is equivalent to the wife who aired dirty laundry?

Nobody is saying that and you know he is not saying that. No reason to ask that question.

Remember that video with Cathy Newman
saying "so you're saying" all the time to Jordan Petersen? Don't be her.

OP
OP

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Honestly I think this thread needs to be locked. A new one opened with strict rules on talking about his pedo actions. This gossip about him cheating is a personal affair, and we shouldn't have threads on people's personal lives.
I had already specifically requested for the discussion on the relationship to be kept to a minimum, mods can codify that. A new thread might be fine too though. I apologise if I aided discussion in shifting at all, I just hate victim-blamers. This should be more about the fan victims, particularly the underage victims, than "he-said, she-said" drama debates.

It's clear that Jared's statement had an effect on the discourse at large, let's not fall for it. He's a sex pest.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
Not that I was expecting Jared to address the "sending photos to minors" thing, but did he seriously think people will take his side over that response? I really hope he pays for what he did.

Also I'm not part of the club yet. I didn't scroll too far down on the Twitter comments of his response so I got lucky, but I'll be following this thing only through this thread from now on just to be safe.

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
So I'm confused...is he trying to say his wife condoned and encouraged him to prey on underage fans?

No. He is completely ignoring the fact that he sent and solicited nude photos from minors. This statement is just him saying that he did not cheat because his wife agreed to be involved in a polyamorous relationship.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
The worst thing is because of Keemstar and Jessica, the minors thing has been greatly overshadowed now because some people are starting to think that Heidi's crazy or lying or even that Holly was a good person who was manipulated by both Jared and Heidi.

Good people can make bad choices!

I really was hoping we would get an update on the sexual allegations.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
Anything in this video that might be telling? I haven't watched it since it aired and I can't check it out now. What game did they play?
I haven't watched that video, but Jared played Vice with Ross, Metal Gear with, I think Ross and Barry, and Turtles in time with Ross and Jirard.
It's a 13 second video, mostly just the Grumpcade intro, ending with a short clip of that weird NormalBoots dating sim with Holly telling Jared he's coming on too strong and Ross telling him to back off.

Deleted member 15395

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how serious the justice system in the States takes allegations regarding sexual relationship with minors (I'm guessing seriously), but if what that teenager said on reddit is true then he's going to jail for sure right?

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I don't know how serious the justice system in the States takes allegations regarding sexual relationship with minors (I'm guessing seriously), but if what that teenager said on reddit is true then he's going to jail for sure right?

Things like this are taken very seriously, especially if it crossed state lines, which could be federal.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Honestly not sure which game. Based on the hipster/trying to be anime art style it might be "Dream Daddy". This is a shot in the dark though as I have only seen it advertised on Steam.
I haven't watched that video, but Jared played Vice with Ross, Metal Gear with, I think Ross and Barry, and Turtles in time with Ross and Jirard.
Anything in this video that might be telling? I haven't watched it since it aired and I can't check it out now. What game did they play?

Its a 13 second meme edit based on a lets play of Holly and Ross playing the Normal Boots dating sim fangame. I don't know what part its from but this is the series. (Note this is before the whole JonTron fiasco btw)

Status
Not open for further replies.