• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It's so weird seeing people focus on the poly/cheating thing. Who cares if he cheated? That just means he is a scumbag but that's still very much none of our business. The focus should really be on the pedophile actions. I really hope he ends in jail. Disgusting creep

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Jared sure threw Holly under the bus with his statement. She was playing " I would never do that" and "you guys know me" card only for him to outright confirm their relationship and the fact that it started while she was married.

Jared completely ignoring the pedophile accusations is gross and telling.
It's so weird seeing people focus on the poly/cheating thing. Who cares if he cheated? That just means he is a scumbag but that's still very much none of our business. The focus should really be on the pedophile actions. I really hope he ends in jail. Disgusting creep
Part of that at least right now is the fact that his statement ignores him being pedophile and focuses on the cheating and what he said in the statement is the main thing being discussed currently.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
I mean, it's also weird to see you focus on the cheating and separate it out from the sustained abuse he put Heidi through over an extended period of time, something he is continuing to do right now with his statement crafted entirely to deflect the accusations against him and vilify her.

He wasn't just "cheating", he used the power he had over Heidi to control and abuse her, turning their friends against her and gaslighting her. And now, with his new statement, he's painted a target on her that I'm already seeing misogynists take aim at, and I'm very worried that we're going to start seeing a proper harassment campaign sometime soon.

The things he was doing to Heidi were despicable. Abuse in a relationship being handwaved away as "none of our business" is incredibly disheartening to see, and I've seen it so much during this whole event. The only reason Jared is even paying for his crimes, both the illegal and the legal but immoral, is because Heidi was brave enough to speak up about her abuse, and because we were able to stand behind her. Jared tried to keep the abuse hidden from the public by making it out to be "private", even allegedly going so far as to attempt to get Heidi to sign an NDA, because he didn't want her to be able to be open about it. It is absolutely our business if he is being abusive, because as a community, even one as broad as the gaming community, it is on us to be clear that abuse is not acceptable in any form, especially from someone as high profile as a (formerly) >1m subscriber youtuber with ties and connections across both this industry and others.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
That's a very cool statement he made. I like the way he continues to gaslight his ex wife and doesn't address the fan exploitation with hard receipts. He prob knows his career has ended and wants to drag her down with him. Very cool behaviour.

I'm glad that for once the Internet isn't having any of his shit

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's a very cool statement he made. I like the way he continues to gaslight his ex wife and doesn't address the fan exploitation with hard receipts. He prob knows his career has ended and wants to drag her down with him. Very cool behaviour.

I'm glad that for once the Internet isn't having any of his shit
Actually, some are. Keemstar is trying to shift the tide against Heidi because she wouldn't play along with him.

Radishhead

Oct 30, 2017
I actually believe the statement could contain a lot of truths, but it changes nothing about the situation with sharing photos to underage people, so he's still irredeemable in my eyes.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
He was better off not saying shit. Why double down? What a dumbass.

And scrolling through the replies, someone posted his dick pic. Goddamnit. I lasted this long without being exposed to his shlong.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He was better off not saying shit. Why double down? What a dumbass.

And scrolling through the replies, someone posted his dick pic. Goddamnit. I lasted this long without being exposed to his shlong.
If a dick pic is the worst thing you've seen unsolicited, consider yourself lucky. I've seen dead babies with their faces blown off.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
I actually believe the statement could contain a lot of truths, but it changes nothing about the situation with sharing photos to underage people, so he's still irredeemable in my eyes.

I don't think it matters at all. He has a well-documented history of abusing women so what's the point in entertaining the possibility that maybe one of the women he abused wasn't abused as much as she says?

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
I keep checking in on this thread every time it gets heavily bumped, but my conclusion is always the same. If you are an internet personality:
1) No nudes.
2) No minors.
...and in case it wasn't clear from those...
3) No nudes to or of minors. Proceed to jail, please.

And that's about it.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
If a dick pic is the worst thing you've seen unsolicited, consider yourself lucky. I've seen dead babies with their faces blown off.

I'm just stating a fact...Not implying that it's "ruining my day" or some shit. I mean, who would wanna see his dick?

And yeah, I've seen my fair share of horrible imagery in my years on the internet. Decapitations, someone getting their chest ripped open and some dude literally torn in half. Makes you realize just how evil people can be.

PinballRJ

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized this reminds me of that Nick Robinson situation. Dude was trying to get nudes from fans and devs in Twitter DMs, he was fired from poylgon a couple days later. But a year later I was getting YouTube suggestions for that bastard, he's basically making clickbait videos now.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's also weird to see you focus on the cheating and separate it out from the sustained abuse he put Heidi through over an extended period of time, something he is continuing to do right now with his statement crafted entirely to deflect the accusations against him and vilify her.

He wasn't just "cheating", he used the power he had over Heidi to control and abuse her, turning their friends against her and gaslighting her. And now, with his new statement, he's painted a target on her that I'm already seeing misogynists take aim at, and I'm very worried that we're going to start seeing a proper harassment campaign sometime soon.

The things he was doing to Heidi were despicable. Abuse in a relationship being handwaved away as "none of our business" is incredibly disheartening to see, and I've seen it so much during this whole event. The only reason Jared is even paying for his crimes, both the illegal and the legal but immoral, is because Heidi was brave enough to speak up about her abuse, and because we were able to stand behind her. Jared tried to keep the abuse hidden from the public by making it out to be "private", even allegedly going so far as to attempt to get Heidi to sign an NDA, because he didn't want her to be able to be open about it. It is absolutely our business if he is being abusive, because as a community, even one as broad as the gaming community, it is on us to be clear that abuse is not acceptable in any form, especially from someone as high profile as a (formerly) >1m subscriber youtuber with ties and connections across both this industry and others.
Thank you for this. This is something I often have to bring up too. People can try to separate the two things all they want, but the man himself, Jared, is an abusive controlling person in all of his actions regarding Heidi and his underage fanbase. And it's precisely why the events cannot be separated, because he is at the epicenter of it all as an abusive man.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017

To the shock of no-one Keemstar is a misogynistic piece of shit.

So now all his Incel fanbase can attack Heidi because she wou;dn't give Keemstar the time of day.

I haven't been following the latest developments closely enough to know if Heidi confirmed they were in a poly relationship or not. But I do want to say it's still possible to cheat in a polyamorous relationship and I wish people would realize this. Usually you set boundaries and are open and honest about other partners. If you go behind your main partner's back and break the rules you both set, that's considered cheating. An open relationship usually isn't carte blanche to do whomever you choose without discussion.

If your partner isn't okay with you sleeping with a particular person (and from what I've read it sounds like Heidi was set against Jared having sex with Holly) then you don't fuck that person!

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Deciding to try poly to try and fix a failing marriage was never going to work, but that said based on what we know about his gaslighting and manipulation, it was probably something he wanted more than her

This seems to ring true as she wanted it to stop and he then ignored her and carried on anyway

She seems like a really nice girl so I'm glad she's free of him at least, and hopefully once this is over she can find some better people to be a part of her life

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Deciding to try poly to try and fix a failing marriage was never going to work, but that said based on what we know about his gaslighting and manipulation, it was probably something he wanted more than her

This seems to ring true as she wanted it to stop and he then ignored her and carried on anyway

She seems like a really nice girl so I'm glad she's free of him at least, and hopefully once this is over she can find some better people to be a part of her life

To go along with this: she states in later tweets that he held all the financial power over her and it was hard for her to get out. In a relationship where power is that unbalanced, the one with more power tends to take advantage of it by demanding things like polygamy when their partner isn't interested (and she says she wasn't).

So this is gaslighting, abuse of power, exploiting your partner and many other gross abusive things. That before we even get into the sending sexual pictures to minors bit of everything...

Oct 27, 2017
Still no news about the underage pic stuff. The polyamorous relationship thing doesn't surprise me in the slightest, those always go so well

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
So, just to be clear. His wife wasnt the first to start a relationship with someone else and she wasnt sleeping/having s relationship with another man before he started his horrible scumbag activities?

This guy is a really weird guy and I'm well and truelly In the camp of get this guy sentenced for messing with minors.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I'm sure this is all really shitty for Jared, having this giant mess out in public, but my sympathy can only go so far. He sounds like an absolute fucking creep

The biggest reason this blew up was because Jared released a statement about the divorce, blocked Heidi on Twitter so she couldn't see it and she responded with a ton of information.

Had he not tried to gaslight her and try to control the narrative, this doesn't blow up like it did.

Basically, he's an abusive, lying sack of shit.

There's only one person we anyone should feel sorry for and that's Heidi. She's the one who had her marriage ruined by a manipulative person who used his position over her to get what he wanted, at her expense.

Jared is responsible for his actions, not anyone else.

He slept with another married person, who was a good friend of his wife's (against her wishes).

He sent pictures to his fans, some of whom were minors.

He used his influence as a Youtuber to solicit sex from fans.

That's all on him, and just like the narcissistic, manipulative asshole he is, he's trying to push the blame on Heidi to make himself look better. People like him can never admit they fucked up, they have to shift the blame to someone else. They can't take responsibility for their actions.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Peru
To be completely honest, I don't really understand this whole polyamorous stuff. Is pretty much saying: "I'm sleeping with this person but I only love you!". Like, what? That's a classic cheater response.

And Lord knows the idea that it could fix a bad marriage goes beyond me

Anyway, the fact that Jared was still abusing his power to get nudes from underage people still hasn't been addressed.

tommyv2

Nov 6, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Victim Blaming
The biggest reason this blew up was because Jared released a statement about the divorce, blocked Heidi on Twitter so she couldn't see it and she responded with a ton of information.

I always find this logic so silly. Just sign out of your account and you can see everything publicly posted. If she couldn't figure something that basic that out, it's no surprise she was manipulated in other ways.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
To be completely honest, I don't really understand this whole polyamorous stuff. Is pretty much saying: "I'm sleeping with this person but I only love you!". Like, what? That's a classic cheater response.

And Lord knows the idea that it could fix a bad marriage goes beyond me

Anyway, the fact that Jared was still abusing his power to get nudes from underage people still hasn't been addressed.
Polyamory is just a relationship involving more than one person.

It can often go very wrong, just like monogamous relationships, but it can also be a completely healthy and functional relationship. It is also not the same thing as an "open relationship", which is what I think you think it is. An open relationship is one in which one or both (or more) of the people in the relationship have been given permission to have sex outside of the relationship. It too can be very healthy and functional, especially for people who for some reason or another may not have a great sex life in the relationship but still find the relationship worthwhile. It all depends on what the people in the relationship are comfortable with. Hell, some people even actively enjoy their partners having sex with people outside the relationship, and that too can be incredibly healthy and completely fine (although as with all things in any relationship, it can also not).

Depending on the issues within a marriage, polygamy or opening up the relationship could be a legitimate solution. Honestly, whilst I get that in this case it was obviously just Jared trying to get free reign for his creepy bullshit, the number of people in this thread pushing a "well, polygamy never works and is bad" narrative is disconcerting.

There is a lot of stigma against the two types of relationships. A youtuber I follow who is pretty open about his polygamous relationship is also pretty open about the fact that he'll just get random, hurtful comments whenever he talks about it, and it's completely bullshit that anyone has to deal with that. That is the actual part of relationships that, unless relevant to other stuff like in this case, has nothing to do with anyone outside of the relationship, and the stigma against it accomplishes nothing beyond making some people feel like shit.

I always find this logic so silly. Just sign out of your account and you can see everything publicly posted. If she couldn't figure something that basic that out, it's no surprise she was manipulated in other ways.
That's a... bizarrely awful thing to say about an abuse victim.

Was it really necessary?

Feb 24, 2018
Okay let's not crap on the entire concept of polyamorous relationships? Jared is a complete piece of shit and just using it as a clear excuse for his actions, don't validate it slightly by crapping on a type of relationship many participate and have to trouble with. Koo above in the threads said a pretty good explanation as to why even if they had a Poly romance, his excuse is still shit:

I haven't been following the latest developments closely enough to know if Heidi confirmed they were in a poly relationship or not. But I do want to say it's still possible to cheat in a polyamorous relationship and I wish people would realize this. Usually you set boundaries and are open and honest about other partners. If you go behind your main partner's back and break the rules you both set, that's considered cheating. An open relationship usually isn't carte blanche to do whomever you choose without discussion.

If your partner isn't okay with you sleeping with a particular person (and from what I've read it sounds like Heidi was set against Jared having sex with Holly) then you don't fuck that person!

The entire thing about Poly romances is trust and openness with everyone involved, I've met poly couples who are some of the nicest people possible because shockingly to a few of you, not all people in poly romances are pieces of shit like Jared. It's not "Classic cheater response" or doomed to fail. Don't give him any room to stand, he's using poly romances as a scapegoat and doing it badly, don't even humour him on the subject.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
I wouldn't call it silly, some people are just not tech savvy, and even if they are it's the kind of thing that they might forget about when distressed. I think the power dynamic and her trust in Jared to not be shit probably had a lot more to do with how she was manipulated than her understanding of technology.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
He.... Did he seriously try to explain this and make himself look like this victim?

He's going to pretend to play dumb about that. And, so far, I'm part of the club that hasn't seen Jared's dick picks.

And I want it to stay that way, thank you very much.

Lucky you. I was introduced to this entire ordeal because of that picture. Good news is that it mostly died down but I wouldn't be surprised if it started revving up again because he talked so be careful.

PrincessZelda

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Victim blaming and previous severe infractions
Fact of the matter is, both Jared and Heidi are absolutely deranged and need professional help. The internet has ganged up on Jared, and rightfully so, but Heidi has a lot of blame on her end as well. They're both fucked up and it's disgusting.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Fact of the matter is, both Jared and Heidi are absolutely deranged and need professional help. The internet has ganged up on Jared, and rightfully so, but Heidi has a lot of blame on her end as well. They're both fucked up and it's disgusting.
You, err, gonna expand on this or are you just here to attack an abuse victim?

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Polyamory is just a relationship involving more than one person.

It can often go very wrong, just like monogamous relationships, but it can also be a completely healthy and functional relationship. It is also not the same thing as an "open relationship", which is what I think you think it is. An open relationship is one in which one or both (or more) of the people in the relationship have been given permission to have sex outside of the relationship. It too can be very healthy and functional, especially for people who for some reason or another may not have a great sex life in the relationship but still find the relationship worthwhile. It all depends on what the people in the relationship are comfortable with. Hell, some people even actively enjoy their partners having sex with people outside the relationship, and that too can be incredibly healthy and completely fine (although as with all things in any relationship, it can also not).

Depending on the issues within a marriage, polygamy or opening up the relationship could be a legitimate solution. Honestly, whilst I get that in this case it was obviously just Jared trying to get free reign for his creepy bullshit, the number of people in this thread pushing a "well, polygamy never works and is bad" narrative is disconcerting.

There is a lot of stigma against the two types of relationships. A youtuber I follow who is pretty open about his polygamous relationship is also pretty open about the fact that he'll just get random, hurtful comments whenever he talks about it, and it's completely bullshit that anyone has to deal with that. That is the actual part of relationships that, unless relevant to other stuff like in this case, has nothing to do with anyone outside of the relationship, and the stigma against it accomplishes nothing
Yeah, sorry. Still don't get it.

I mean, if it works for some people that's fine for them but I vastly prefer to know that the person I'm with is not sleeping with other people which could lead to a lot more problems.

PrincessZelda

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

They both abused each other, Jared to a much greater degree, of course, but she is no victim. From the very beginning, she openly admitted that the tumblr thing all started off as a joke, but she knew full well what he was doing and didn't stop it then. She also agreed to polygamy, which she admitted, but then allegedly decided that it wasn't for her, etc. Listen, I am not defending Jared, at all, what I am getting to is that Heidi isn't just an innocent victim. They BOTH have serious mental issues that they need to address.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, sorry. Still don't get it.

I mean, if it works for some people that's fine for them but I vastly prefer to know that the person I'm with is not sleeping with other people which could lead to a lot more problems.
That fine for you.

Stop being an ass and insulting the people who are ok with it.

Just because you're ignorant that doesn't give you a free pass to be a dick.

You can not understand why someone would do something and still respect their choice to do so. It's not that hard, and the only way I can see you failing is if you have some weird hang ups about people not being monogamous.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
They both abused each other, Jared to a much greater degree, of course, but she is no victim. From the very beginning, she openly admitted that the tumblr thing all started off as a joke, but she knew full well what he was doing and didn't stop it then. She also agreed to polygamy, which she admitted, but then allegedly decided that it wasn't for her, etc. Listen, I am not defending Jared, at all, what I am getting to is that Heidi isn't just an innocent victim. They BOTH have serious mental issues that they need to address.
i'm gonna go out on a bit of a limb and say you don't know what you're talking about

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
How is any of that abuse and how is it proof she has serious mental issues?

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Stop being an ass and insulting the people who are ok with it.

Just because you're ignorant that doesn't give you a free pass to be a dick.

You can not understand why someone would do something and still respect their choice to do so. It's not that hard, and the only way I can see you failing is if you have some weird hang ups about people not being monogamous.
WTF? When did I ever insult people for being in a polyamorous relationship?

And calling me an "ass" and a "dick" doesn't really help your case.

Also, "weird hang ups about people not being monogamous"? Jesus, some people here.

Status
Not open for further replies.