• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017

Marcos Barragán, better known as MarkiLokuras, is a professional Fortnite player part of Team Heretics. He has almost 800,000 subscribers on YouTube and more than 480,000 followers on Twitch.

The situation occurred during a Twitch stream but it has been brought to light on Twitter. In the video, his mother enters the room to turn on the air conditioner, appearing by accident in the stream.

Barragán gets very angry and even calls her "gilipollas" (asshole) when he sees that she has connected the heat pump. His reaction is totally disproportionate, because then he begins to let off steam with a baseball bat against a kind of punching bag.

Translated from 20minutos.

We see a lot of threads here about the toxic behaviors of English speaking steamers so I think we should also give attention to this. As of this moment, the steamer is still active on Twitch and he even tried to justify the whole thing by saying that he and his mother are like that.

The whole thing is getting attention from big Spanish news sites like 20minutos and As.com and the general consensus is that he should not be allowed to exhibit such violent behavior in a stream.

After all the criticism, he went into a rant in twitter, saying to the people who criticized him that "I won't talk more because I would vomit some of you in your faces".

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
If i was his mother i would be frightened. That's not a normal reaction at all no video game is worth getting that worked up over.

Oct 27, 2017
What a straight-up psycho. Then again, considering how young people his age have been turning up in Spain in the past few years, I'm not surprised. This is the new normal here.

And why does he even have a baseball bat? In Spain, it's illegal to have one unless you're actively playing baseball (which is extremely rare here). If the cops stop you and you have one in your car, for example, it's considered as a weapon, just like a knife. The way he uses it clearly shows that he himself considers it more of a weapon than sports equipment

Hopefully the authorities get involved. At the bare minimum, Twitch and YouTube should perma-ban him... but something tells me they won't.

Jun 2, 2019
I would have opened a thread about this if I could, since this happened a few days ago. As someone who cherishes his parents it makes me want to punish him in the cruelest way possible.

I hope twitch permabans his sorry ass

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Also, it's sad that this is what you're seen as as a "gamer" to the masses. Videogames are such a wonderful hobby with so many creative people working on them, playing them and appreciating them, but then you get psychos like this to ruin what could be a perfectly fine image.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes.

From the tilte I figured, well, that's kinda what sandbags are for, but it's some sort of inflatable thing, and he's going psycho on it with a bat.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
That blow up thing is going to be her one of these days if he doesn't get any help to control his obvious anger issue. Jesus.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
Also, it's sad that this is what you're seen as as a "gamer" to the masses. Videogames are such a wonderful hobby with so many creative people working on them, playing them and appreciating them, but then you get psychos like this to ruin what could be a perfectly fine image.

This is nearly as ridiculous as the video. You really don't need to require validation from "the masses" or get invested in their opinion.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Where's the father? Probably drunk on his ass somewhere after realizing what a piece of shit his son turned out to be.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
This is nearly as ridiculous as the video. You really don't need to require validation from "the masses" or get invested in their opinion.
That's what you got out of my comment? It's just a shame is what I'm saying. Are you seriously comparing my innocent comment to that psychotic behavior in the video?

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
He probably got pissed because his mom showed up on stream and it hurt his "manliness". Got to assert your a dominance like an alpha!

Deleted member 47092

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 25, 2018
The worst part is that he looks kinda proud of what he's done at the end of the video.

You think that behavior is acceptable?

I don't think its continually worth drawing attention to every indiscretion of every youtuber/twitch personality.

This place is becoming a written /r/livestreamfail with bonus commentary.

The guy's a dickhead - that is quite obvious, what's the punishment? We all sit on socialblade hoping that his subscriber numbers go down?

Threads like this continually add more attention to the stupidest parts of the internet - we fail to realise that outrage and drama and negative reaction has become fully monetised.

Last edited:

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
If I was his father this dude would be insta out of my house. This guy doesn't deserve living with his parents.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man, getting that pissed off because your mother entered the room... I don't even get that pissed off when she comes into my room while I'm trying to masturbate.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Just by reading the title I had to chuckle at the out-of-context "violently hits sandbag" like it was a person, and that I never seen someone stroking instead of hitting a sandbag.

But this GTA-psycho-character--like kid shouldn't really have a baseball bat. This is the kinda kid that gets it to the newspaper with killing his mother with that very bat. Permaban for Twitch, permaban for Fortnite. No, some people shouldn't be allowed in games and/or the internet.

I remember StoneMountain64 even making fun of himself that he lives in his parent's basement and saying to his imaginary mother that he only wants a few more minutes during streams and people found this hilarious. Why was this douchebag so serious and couldn't turn that moment in something... joyful? Oh, right, because he's a douchebag. And a fucking psycho.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Another clip from the same video:

This kid's fucking nuts.

Twitch should absolutely ban people exhibiting this behaviour. They're setting extremely poor examples for the thousands of kids that watch them. His mother can't control him, but the powers at be on Twitch can do something about it since he must abide by their platform's rules.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think its continually worth drawing attention to every discretion of every youtuber/twitch personality.

It is, streamer personality is becoming more toxic the more it goes and it needs to be shown to everyone. Hiding and ignoring bad things is the worst you can do if you hope that it gets away. Hopefully giving it attention makes Twitch bans him, kids watch a lot of Fortite streaming and shouldn't be exposed to this.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Another day, another streamer drama. I'm so glad I've never bothered to watch any of these or gotten into it.

Deleted member 47092

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
It is, streamer personality is becoming more toxic the more it goes and it needs to be shown to everyone. Hiding and ignoring bad things is the worst you can do if you hope that it gets away. Hopefully giving it attention makes Twitch bans him, kids watch a lot of Fortite streaming and shouldn't be exposed to this.

We've already seen in this thread other clips of him being shared and we at least have some knowledge that watched/shared clips may impact the algorithm for it being shared or recommended.

Literally the best thing we can do is ignore people.

Outrage is monetised. You reporting him to twitch then?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
We've already seen in this thread other clips of him being shared and we at least have some knowledge that watched/shared clips may impact the algorithm for it being shared or recommended.

I've reported him. Can you help everyone do the same?

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
What a fucking immature moron

Anyone ever yelling at their mother like that after puberty needs to grow the fuck up

Deleted member 47092

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
@everyone - rather than fester in a thread insulting him and his father, can we report him to twitch to make sure they at least consider this behaviour.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I was diving through tweets and seems like his mom also streams on twitch cooking lessons or something and was excusing her own son from all this.

My take is, this whole family probably lives off from their crazy cash cow son and don't dare to even confront or say anything bad about him in public. Pretty sad that. I wonder how he would react upon her of twitch actually bans him.

Mandikiri

Banned
Apr 21, 2018
Boston, MA.

What a stupid logic. So what you're saying is we should ignore everything that people are doing wrong?

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
What a moron. Makes me feel ashamed as a fellow Spaniard.

Sadly, In my experience, that kind of behavior is not all that exceptional for a section of the youth here.

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
I have the feeling that some people comment in threads like this because they like the dramas.

I mean it seems like that he has some sort of a psychological problem. But it is also possible that he is faking it to get attention.

I think it is better when we disscuss about the toxic behavior of internet personalities in general and not focus on one single case. This leads to more drama.

Edit: sorry for wrong quoting.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
lmao, cant wait for the fake apology to appease the offended.
Props to his moms for holding her ground and not running out of the room in fear of her health/life.
My Jamaican mother would have stabbed me in the neck then come visit me everyday in the hospital begging me not to die.