• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Highlight of the interview:

FUMbYCD.png

Rest of the interview:
Twitter thread 1 said:

Twitter thread 2 said:

Source: https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1355303106662174722

Defy destiny if old

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
FFVIIR Part 1 definitely didn't throw me off in a good way, Kitase. It just made me angry. Virtually every single plot change the remake made to VII's story made the story dumber.

And "let's make it like FF13, that was great!" also doesn't inspire confidence, either. Christ.

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
Loved part 1, my GOTY easily. Can't wait to see how part 2 turns out.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
FFVIIR Part 1 definitely didn't throw me off in a good way, Kitase. It just made me angry. Virtually every single plot change the remake made to VII's story made the story dumber.

And "let's make it like FF13, that was great!" also doesn't inspire confidence, either. Christ.

The interviewer was the one mentioned FF13, not the devs.

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for 2, tho i do hope they let us control other characters and not just cloud. It's a minor thing.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty excited myself. I don't like remakes that refuse to change anything, so the curveballs and greater focus on elements that weren't really given as much time in the original was fun. If they can keep doing that sort of thing, I don't really dare how many parts there'll be in the end.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
Part 1 was amazing and single handedly justified my console purchase. Can't wait to play part 2.

Oct 27, 2017
Part 1 was great and I think a lot of players had that as their first entry point into Final Fantasy which is what Square would have wanted (a mix of old and new players). I am excited to see what they do next as I enjoyed the majority of the changes and thought the battle system barring some of the flying enemies or air combat was exceptional. I am torn on the 'open world' aspect. While I do want some sense of freedom I do not think Square have made a solid open world in their titles yet, and many of the existing veterans on this team haven't done one (although that is what new hires are for I guess). But yeah whatever it is I eagerly await it I have enjoyed most Final Fantasy games even the ones that aren't quite to the highest standard.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I think my main thing is that following the first part, I think I'd like to see more things change from the original throughout the whole game, rather than the last like hour and half. I enjoyed that stuff, but they can't just pull the same thing and do a big "what a twist" at the last 95%: it needs to be happening throughout.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Loved part one and i really enjoy what the did with it .
Really look forward to see what they do with part 2 battle and story wise.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope that the "definitive VII Remake Edition" has some kind of tease for Part 2.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
I didn't really like FFVIIR but making it a kind of Chrono Cross-type thing with overlapping timelines and shit at least gave players some surprises.

Unfortunately it was just very boring to play. I hope the next one is not just corridors.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Part 1 was great and I think a lot of players had that as their first entry point into Final Fantasy which is what Square would have wanted (a mix of old and new players). I am excited to see what they do next as I enjoyed the majority of the changes and thought the battle system barring some of the flying enemies or air combat was exceptional. I am torn on the 'open world' aspect. While I do want some sense of freedom I do not think Square have made a solid open world in their titles yet, and many of the existing veterans on this team haven't done one (although that is what new hires are for I guess). But yeah whatever it is I eagerly await it I have enjoyed most Final Fantasy games even the ones that aren't quite to the highest standard.
Yeah, S-E really hasn't nailed that yet.

Let's see what XVI and Part 2 do, but I feel we're gonna see big zones that are more uniquely crafted and have some vistas you can't go to, but make the scale feel bigger (as opposed to "see that mountain? You can climb it"). That's what I'd like at least.

In any case, Nomura doesn't strike me as a guy who loves open world games, so I don't think they'll do that.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, S-E really hasn't nailed that yet.

Let's see what XVI and Part 2 do, but I feel we're gonna see big zones that are more uniquely crafted and have some vistas you can't go to, but make the scale feel bigger (as opposed to "see that mountain? You can climb it"). That's what I'd like at least.

In any case, Nomura doesn't strike me as a guy who loves open world games, so I don't think they'll do that.

I yeah i think big zones sort like FF2 would be the best thing .

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for part 2 of this. Part 1 was exceptional and they gave me everything I wanted and so much more I didn't think I needed. Chapter 18 was a complete shitshow but everything before that was amazing. The nostalgia hit like a ton of bricks during one of the worst years which helped elevate the experience for me. I hope they do connected zones or semi-open world like GoW. I am so exhausted with open world games right now and I hope they don't go that route.

thematic

Oct 31, 2017
hopefully they release upgraded FFVIIR with Ray Tracing and Realtime skybox unlike the one on PS4

and of course use the tech for FFVIIR part 2!!

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Part 1 was the most I've enjoyed a FF game since IX and singlehandedly brought back a love for the series that I thought had permanently eroded. I'm on board for whatever they do for Part 2.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
I hope Part 2 will have a upgraded version of the current battle system and not a full action one. I loved the battle system in FFVIIR. What I would do is make some more interesting materia to play with, improve aerial combat, think about including character switching and maybe some dual arts or combos.

I yeah i think big zones sort like FF2 would be the best thing .

Yes please.

Greaf

Feb 26, 2018
IMO, devs should make the game they think would be the best. If Open World system isn't possible for them (technical issues, story pacing issues), then don't make one. If you think Open World is a good solution, then make a good one and not make one for the sake of being Open World.

The thing is many fans think that the game should be Open World because the game had that "fake freedom" with the worldmap. I have the sentiment that if the game isn't Open World, then it will be a bad game.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I actually liked most of Part 1, but the things I didn't like are exactly why I'm keeping my expectations low for Part 2.

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks for posting.. was a good read.

Hope Part 2 don't get released beyond 2023.

And hope this year we get PS5 version, I was hoping for April release side by side with PC version.. but now I started to think maybe fall..

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
FF7R was great, they got my full confidence at this point.

Rainer516

Oct 29, 2017
FF7Remake was phenomenal. One of my favorites in the series. The battle system was incredibly fun and I hope FF16 wholesale borrows the entire thing.

I'm excited for the second part, I hope it deviates further from the original.

Naphu

Apr 6, 2018
What little they said makes it sounds like there's a big focus on world design; which makes me really glad.

I can't stop thinking about the last 3/4ths of Part 1 and how nervous that makes me for Part 2. Please don't forget the fundamentals of good storytelling the way you used plot ghosts to break apart so many scenes in Part 1.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Complete faith in what they do with Part 2 and I can see Hamaguchi becoming a rising star for future entries of the series.
Can't wait!

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Part 1 was awesome, but the end gives me pause. It shouldn't deviate much from the magic that was FF7's original plot, but it obviously is.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed part 1 and looking forward to 2 just hope they actually commit to what they set up.

I would be fine with XII like zones to replace the overworld.

I can't wait for 2, tho i do hope they let us control other characters and not just cloud. It's a minor thing.
Really hope this is the case as well if the party is together let me control who I want outside of combat

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Loved part 1, hope part 2 goes even more Nomura.

Just keep the combat unchanged (maybe ease down on the interrupting-attack stuff a bit).

Femme Man

Oct 28, 2017
I'm all in for Part 2 to go even more crazy than what we got near the end of Part 1. Super excited!

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think my main thing is that following the first part, I think I'd like to see more things change from the original throughout the whole game, rather than the last like hour and half. I enjoyed that stuff, but they can't just pull the same thing and do a big "what a twist" at the last 95%: it needs to be happening throughout.
I guess that is what they were trying to do with all the ghosts and weird flashbacks.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I was skeptical for part 1 and they delivered big time so that can do whatever the fuck they want now

But don't listen to that dude, XIII was bad and they should feel bad

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Personally part 1 was great for sure, can't wait for part 2 and what changes it has lol.

Gameplay wise, hope we can switch who we control when walking around in party, just switch to whoever talks when needed.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Everyone laughing at how that guy said FFXIII's linear path leads to a huge ass open world chapter near the end was the highlight of the intervew tbh