• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Ninja is so cringe

QualifiedInfamousGerenuk-size_restricted.gif
Every time I see this it's more uncomfortable

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
It's a slang that WW2 soldiers used. "Ratioed" comes from ration, as soldiers who were more popular got more food rations than the recently-enlisted or the drafted. Getting ratioed means that you posted something that got viral for one reason or another, and in this case Ninja isn't getting more internet rations than usual

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
This shit is like asking why professional bowlers don't get a strike every time. There are a ton of variables, and one of them being outside the margin of error can result in a miss.

Last year, I remember one team or affiliate hosting a kicking contest where members of the public were allowed to try an "easy" kick that a pro kicker missed. Despite long lines, No one came remotely close.

Last edited:

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I can understand where he is coming from, a kicker's job is to kick and there isnt really a lot more to it than that... except that doing one single thing doesnt mean you need to master it 100% of the time. Same as why isnt there anyone that shots 100% free throws? Or even outside of sports, Sushi chefs with decades of experience still claim to be learning and getting better and they only do this.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I can understand where he is coming from, a kicker's job is to kick and there isnt really a lot more to it than that... except that doing one single thing doesnt mean you need to master it 100% of the time. Same as why isnt there anyone that shots 100% free throws? Or even outside of sports, Sushi chefs with decades of experience still claim to be learning and getting better and they only do this.
I think the issue is that Ninja is talking mad shit for a guy who sits behind a computer screen in his climate controlled room and can hide boos and jeers by just minimizing Twitch chat

Whereas there are several factors to kicking a football, in front of a crowd who will eat you alive if you miss

"jUsT kIcK tHe BaLL" is a shit take, no matter how you cut it

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, but coming from a country where our biggest game has it's primary method of disposal and scoring being the drop punt, it's laughable that in American Football one dude has one job to kick the ball once every half hour and get paid a stack and still misses.

That's just the way the sport evolved. There's no requirement that a team have one guy who specializes in kicking. Originally, everyone played multiple positions and this is still the case at lower levels of play. but overtime it became obvious that having players specialize was the best way to ensure victory.

That said, a number of things need to go right in order for a kick to go in. And its not all on the kicker.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I think the issue is that Ninja is talking mad shit for a guy who sits behind a computer screen in his climate controlled room and can hide boos and jeers by just minimizing Twitch chat

Whereas there are several factors to kicking a football, in front of a crowd who will eat you alive if you miss

"jUsT kIcK tHe BaLL" is a shit take, no matter how you cut it
Yeah, if he stopped for 5 seconds to think if what he was writing was true he wouldn't write it. Or maybe he just never practiced any real sports in his life...

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
So Ninja says something stupidwha plenty of people say. Cool ten page thread.
Because the entire esports community is infested with people like this, and its entire mainstream face is composed of people like this.
It really isn't.

And another Ninja says something stupid thread that goes on way too long and brings out the type of hatred I thought only republicans got on here.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
Kicking straight is more than just calling kick(). Man needs to step away from the screen and get some perspective.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
I mean anyone who is serious about Football probably says that out loud in their own home.

Example: My mother.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
what a ridiculously stupid opinion hahahaha

his ass doesn't have a single idea what it takes to kick a damn football

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ninja open discussion based on a bad and not well thought premises. Instead of simply offending him, replies try to be creative on how to show how bad/ridiculous the premise was. Ninja then tries to call out replies as bad/worst argument, etc.

How come ninja is not posting in era already?

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Anyone agreeing with Ninja can try the following

Go and do the kick. From 15 yards. With 11 NFL players rushing at you, in seconds.

Go on. Just go and do it. Do it 2/20 times. Then think how much harder it is to do from 30 yards, 40 yards, 50 yards.

The percentage with what the kickers do their job is frankly amazing within the conditions they play in.

If you can guarantee kicks from any range, there would be NFL teams ready to give you 10 million+ for five months of that service.
This. 100% this.

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, but coming from a country where our biggest game has it's primary method of disposal and scoring being the drop punt, it's laughable that in American Football one dude has one job to kick the ball once every half hour and get paid a stack and still misses.

If you're talking about the AFL, the standard of set shot goal kicking is fucking terrible lol.

Mobius

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
lmao some of the replies here are as stupid as Ninja's tweet. Jealousy over Ninja just oozing off of you lot, so sad.

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like he is trying to set up "drama" to gain attention - no one could be that boneheaded...I hope.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not an American so i dont care or know about football but this is just common sense, pretty sure he's just milking for drama, nobody is that dumb