• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 9, 2018
For a bit of fun holiday weekend drama:

I'll never understand how college and NFL football teams allow kickers that just.... miss... kicks. I feel like there has to be pools of kickers in the USA that won't miss simple kicks. Or snappers that won't mess the snaps idk man it seems so SILLY. Would love opinions on this.

That tweet is getting ratioed, and has received many quote tweets.

Ninja is not happy.

More drama in the tweet replies.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I mean he sorta has a point. Those people really only have one single action to do and they miss it?

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
TFW you think Era's userbase skews older, and then somebody posts a thread about Ninja's twitter drama.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Sounds like he's trying to rile people up so he can set up some kind of field goal challenge event for views.

That or he really is your typical armchair athlete with an overinflated sense of his own physical prowess. Same outcome either way.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
I can't believe operations don't have 100% success rates and people still call themselves "doctors" smh

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
I mean he's really dumb, I think he just thinks one way and doesn't consider sports aren't just physical and it is a lot of mental processing as well.

Oct 25, 2017
And what's the deal with star craft streamers! They misclick and they go to an entirely different area! Your only task was to click the right spot! What's up with thaaaat???

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I get why he said it but dude, Kickers could make or break the game. That's pressure on them. With millions cheering or booing to make or miss.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
You're telling me that someone who spends his time behind a screen with not even 10k viewers has no idea how it is to perform with tens of thousands of people right there watching you with millions more watching at home?

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean he sorta has a point. Those people really only have one single action to do and they miss it?
Not really. They're not just kicking a football on a cone or something that keeps it in place, it gets snapped and held by another player which could be in an awkward position or not in the exact right spot.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You'd think that Ninja would be a much bigger fan of physical sports since it's men and women separated.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I mean people ridicule kickers for missing kicks all the time. His subsequent replies are dumb, though.

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, this is a pretty stupid thing to say. The fact that Ninja can't actually answer the question for himself gives you a bit of insight into how undeveloped he is as a person.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
this guy literally has to sit in his own room in his own house day after day and play games. He has absolutely no grasp of standing on a pitch on gameday with millions of fans watching other team mates etc staring you down.

What a silly comment from him.

OP
OP
May 9, 2018
Dumb tweet but it's not getting ratioed at all.
Currently it's 1.3k replies to 342 retweets.

Is this really thread worthy?
Worst thread of the week
I'm aware this forum does not like Ninja, but this is along the lines of previous highly-commented threads on Ninja. (and tbh there really isn't any other interesting gaming news this holiday weekend)

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how anyone who has done anything competitive cannot understand that people aren't perfect.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
LOL thank you for posting this. This is good, replies are even better

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I will assume he's fishing for attention, nba free throws would be a much better thing for him to grasp on since it's far more consistent with pretty much all variables in control of the shooter.

NFL kicks have far too many variables not in control of the kicker.

weak troll attempt given so many better opportunities lol.

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
Because I refuse to check his feed, how many of the comments are about NFL football not being real football?

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
There's stuff like wind, weather, other players trying to tackle you, the immense pressure of winning, the sound of X-thousand fans cheering or jeering, and knowing that million of people at home are doing the same. Then there's also the fact that kicking a ball that far and accurately is very difficult in optimal conditions.

Oct 27, 2017
Try playing a game of Fortnite where 11 300lb men who run 4.5 40s are running at you and a stadium full of people are screaming as loud as they can at you. Ninja you ever watch sports? lol.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Seriously tho, why aren't these so-called "pro" teams employing some kind of aim kick bot of some sort?

Oct 28, 2017
Esports are not real sports, so opinion discarded.
This. They are skill games.
He really doesn't. He forgets all of the variables that go into a kick. There is the snap. The placement of the ball. The holder getting the ball spun so the laces are facing out. The conditions of the grass or turf. The wind and how it is blowing. What hash the ball is placed on and which the kicker feels most comfortable. The play of the defense and their ability to get penetration. There are more, but you get the idea.

Might as well say I don't understand why professionals make mistakes. It is an absurd statement.