• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif
And? I also said that I was only preordered on faith based on a hope that Obsidian could recapture the New Vegas magic, but seeing something as simple as basic Pro enhancements being missing made me question whether that faith was misplaced.

WC made a mistake by not even waiting a day before posting inflammatory content and creating a firestorm, that's fact.

Oct 25, 2017
No, we are getting somewhere, we have dissected on how every part of your comment is incorrect. We can drop it because you have nothing to defend yourself with because of the information brought forward. Ok, goodbye.

Exactly. That poster is trying to reframe the debate by trying to make it sound like this a matter of opinion when we have objective facts.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Because that's how news reporting works

Ok please explain this to me..

This quote comes from a request for a review code.. according to jez himself.. I have requested tons of codes when I still bothered to do reviews.. I have never asked for a ps4 or xbox code and then gotten Info on resolution.. I get what you are hinting at, I just think it is strange that this quote is from an email about game codes.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh I know.. but why would they be informed about what resolution the ps4 version is in a request for a review code when they do not review ps4 games?

It's very common in review season to send a list of questions and clarifications when you are also requesting review codes for a game that you are covering.

And? I also said that I was only preordered on faith based on a hope that Obsidian could recapture the New Vegas magic, but seeing something as simple as basic Pro enhancements being missing made me question whether that faith was misplaced.

I'm going to explain to you why you're going to take the L on this one.

You said earlier in this thread regarding WC that "It's been clear for years that their journalistic standards are nonexistent. "

You said the day before "seeing something as simple as basic Pro enhancements being missing made me question whether that faith was misplaced."

And based on your other comments, this leads me to believe that you have generally distrusted these websites, especially WC, for a while now.

So based on all that, it's very strange to see you call into question the journalistic standards of a website you clearly have not trusted for sometime, but based on their reporting, cancelled your pre-order, and then when it has been proven that they directly quoted PR, you double down with a comment like "if that email is accurate"

Take. The. L.

P.S.

Stop trying to say they did something wrong by not waiting a day and supposedly posting something inflammatory. They reported on information provided to them accurately.

Take. The. L.

Camonna Tong

Mar 2, 2018
Yes, because an enhancement like that has everything (or in your words, a simple part of) to do with what made New Vegas special.

/s an enhancement like that has nothing to do with recapturing New Vegas' magic and there's nothing simple about it. Unless you're saying that graphics is a simple part of what made NV special. If so, then Gamebryo laughs at you. NV could look like a PS1 game and would still have that magic.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I know.. but why would they be informed about what resolution the ps4 version is in a request for a review code when they do not review ps4 games?

To state it in their review? Why would Obsidian withhold that information when it looks like the question posed was directly about both consoles and not just the X? Saying "Here's the X, we're not going to tell you the Pro information because that's not the version you're reviewing" sounds a little crazy right?

hanmik

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
It's very common in review season to send a list of questions and clarifications when you are also requesting review codes for a game that you are covering

Oh I know.. if I wanted to get educated on which code I should ask for, but not when I only do reviews on one console, but maybe if I wanted to make an article that gets a lot of hits from a certain kind of reader.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017

This quote comes from a request for a review code.. according to jez himself.. I have requested tons of codes when I still bothered to do reviews.. I have never asked for a ps4 or xbox code and then gotten Info on resolution.. I get what you are hinting at, I just think it is strange that this quote is from an email about game codes.
The email isn't just about codes...look at the title, it's an inquiry on The Outer Worlds itself.
The part about resolutions says:
RE resolutions...that RE means that they had a previous conversation (regarding) as this is part of an email chain going back and forth. Nothing strange about it.

May 25, 2019
London

Could it be possible there were several questions in the email that also contained the request for a code?

No, that couldn't be. You can only ask one question per email, everybody knows that.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
Some of you are this close of saying that the email Jez received is a fake or something, huh?

Some of you could just admit that you were wrong, it's ok to be wrong guys, no need to find a new scapegoat, lol

Jan 4, 2018
We really live in a world where it doesn't matter what is or isn't real but what a person wants to be real, don't we?
Welp...

hanmik

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
To state it in their review? Why would Obsidian withhold that information when it looks like the question posed was directly about both consoles and not just the X? Saying "Here's the X, we're not going to tell you the Pro information because that's not the version you're reviewing" sounds a little crazy right?
The email isn't about codes...look at the title, it's an inquiry on The Outer Worlds itself.
The part about resolutions says:
RE resolutions...that RE means that they had a previous conversation (regarding) as this is part of an email chain going back and forth. Nothing strange about it.
Could it be possible there were several questions in the email that also contained the request for a code?

No, that couldn't be. You can only ask one question per email, everybody knows that.

Guys I get what you mean.. my point is that why should a site dedicated to one console only seek out information about another console version? This isn't called journalism or reporting, this is just to get hits or make the product you review look "better".

That's just my two cents about this.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Guys I get what you mean.. my point is that why should a site dedicated to one console only seek out information about another console version? This isn't called journalism or reporting, this is just to get hits or make the product you review look "better".

That's just my two cents about this.

It is reporting.

Oct 27, 2017
I read through the other thread without commenting because... well... I didn't want to jump to conclusions. GOOD CALL, ME.

Status
Not open for further replies.