• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Private Division is a sub-brand of Take Two that publishes independent titles. They are publishing Outer Worlds for Obsidian since the deal was made before MS bought them.

giphy.gif

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Platform wars and trolling over a series of posts
The quote was ambiguous? Explain.

Assuming that email is accurate WC didn't even wait a full day to post their article without getting a response.

That's where my beefs lands, its rushing to publish an article with a baiting headline.

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Assuming that email is accurate WC didn't even wait a full day to post their article without getting a response.

That's where my beefs lands, its rushing to publish an article with a baiting headline.
I wonder if you also have similar stances towards other outlets posting news with baiting headlines "without getting a response." Something tells me that as long as they hue blue, you don't.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

"assuming that email is accurate"

lmao

"WC didn't even wait a full day to post their article without getting a response."

They got a response saying no enchantments and posted an article about that quote.

Why are you moving the goal posts on this one. Just admit your beef RE this situation is bullshit.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The quote was ambiguous? Explain.

Looking at this, maybe the PR person meant to say "no native 4K," since it was "regarding resolutions." Of course, by phrasing it with "no enhancements," it definitely reads another way.

But it was clarified directly from Private Division (notice the PR is third-party).

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
It was ambiguous enough that Windows Central "followed up for clarification".

I think we're debating semantics now. You feel that WC deserves no blame for what turned out to be a controversial piece of misinformation. Fair enough.
No, we aren't debating semantics, don't move a goalpost when we not playing soccer. You are wrong in trying to put blame of the situation on Windows Central accurate reporting saying that they did an ambiguous quote where the quote is right there in front of you. The full blame is on Private Division. That is what is clear and not up for "debate".

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if you also have similar stances towards other outlets posting news with baiting headlines "without getting a response." Something tells me that as long as they hue blue, you don't.
I'm not a fan of platform slanted websites in general, I don't like DualShocker's or NintendoLife's reporting either
for instance and generally hold them under a much more powerful microscope than agnostic websites.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
"assuming that email is accurate"

lmao

"WC didn't even wait a full day to post their article without getting a response."

They got a response saying no enchantments and posted an article about that quote.

Why are you moving the goal posts on this one. Just admit your beef RE this situation is bullshit.

giphy.gif

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry what discussions did windows central have with a pr firm? What.. run me through this..

Windows central does not do reviews on other consoles than Xbox (please correct me if I am wrong).. there is only one person reviewing xbox games there, and that is jez.. again correct me if I am wrong..

So what is that mail about that jez is showing a little piece of?

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
I'm not a fan of platform slanted websites in general, I don't like DualShocker's or NintendoLife's reporting either
for instance and generally hold them under a much more powerful microscope than agnostic websites.
DualShockers is not platform slanted. What you are looking for is PS Lifestyle or Push Square.
Inasmuch as I can agree with you about scrutinizing platform specific outlets more heavily, I also think that there needs to be a degree of reasonability in that scrutiny. WC is often wrong and jumps the gun. This is not one of those times.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Maybe take a break from this thread and un-cancel that preorder?

Calling to ban windows central because they posted an article about a statement they received from the publisher, and put IN the article they have followed up seems a bit.. much?

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I gotta love how many people told me I was wrong yesterday. Official PR can be wrong, and has been multiple times yall just somehow forget it happens.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017

You want to communicate to Private Division PR to verify the authenticity of the email?

They need to wait a day to post official information from Public Relations? What does that day do? (Maybe you should have waited a day to cancel your preorder)

Baiting headline? "The Outer Worlds only features '4K textures and resolution' on Xbox One X and PC"
Please explain the "bait" in this title? Where are the inaccuracies.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm sure that everyone who posted about refusing to buy the game will now reevaluate and purchase, right? I'm just so sure of it.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
No, we aren't debating semantics, don't move a goalpost when we not playing soccer. You are wrong in trying to put blame of the situation on Windows Central accurate reporting saying that they did an ambiguous quote where the quote is right there in front of you. That is what is clear and not up for "debate".

I'm not moving goalposts. To reiterate:

I believe Windows Central can be blamed for sharing a controversial piece of misinformation and in fact, basing an article headline on that misinformation. I also believe the quote in question was ambiguous enough that WC followed up on it for clarification.

You, and others here, think I'm wrong and that WC is blameless.

I'm completely ready to drop this discussion at this point. We're not getting anywhere.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Anyone seen Hoo-Doo? I can't seem to find him, strange, he's usually the first to comment on an Xbox related thread...

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019

I believe Windows Central can be blamed for sharing a controversial piece of misinformation and in fact, basing an article headline on that misinformation. I also believe the quote in question was ambiguous enough that WC followed up on it for clarification.

I'm completely ready to drop this discussion at this point. We're not getting anywhere.
Windows Central shared a piece of information that at the time of sharing was accurate and not misinformation

If I share an article saying "Cancer has no known cure" and tomorrow a cure for cancer is discovered, you can't fucking get on my case for spreading doom and gloom about cancer, jfc

zedox

Oct 28, 2017

No, we are getting somewhere, we have dissected on how every part of your comment is incorrect. We can drop it because you have nothing to defend yourself with because of the information brought forward. Ok, goodbye.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Windows central does not do reviews on other consoles than Xbox (please correct me if I am wrong)..

Correct.

there is only one person reviewing xbox games there, and that is jez.. again correct me if I am wrong..

Wrong.

It was communication between Windows Central and the PR agency of The Outer Worlds.

There ya go.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry what discussions did windows central have with a pr firm? What.. run me through this..

Windows central does not do reviews on other consoles than Xbox (please correct me if I am wrong).. there is only one person reviewing xbox games there, and that is jez.. again correct me if I am wrong..

They have many authors of stories.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

And this is why Windows Central should be banned from resetera?

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
You want to communicate to Private Division PR to verify the authenticity of the email?

They need to wait a day to post official information from Public Relations? What does that day do? (Maybe you should have waited a day to cancel your preorder)

Baiting headline? "The Outer Worlds only features '4K textures and resolution' on Xbox One X and PC"
Please explain the "bait" in this title? Where are the inaccuracies.
If you're not with me, you're the enemy

Status
Not open for further replies.