• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingkenny76

Oct 31, 2017
uMrmKktuISu0OrLePxm7pKwzWec=.gif
Ha Ha
When are the reviews out for this?

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
As a former games journo, if they are using quotes to quote what PD said, that implies they are directly quoting what was said or emailed to them.

So either the quote is fake (highly doubt)

or PD said there were no enhancements and then backtracked when they realized what they communicated was incorrect.

This isn't a WC issue.
If Windows Central was at fault for their reporting, they would state as such. Making the statement that PD's PR provided shows that they realized that the misinformation was their fault. There's nothing to blame WC at all.

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to shift blame to windows central is just sad. Even if the prior article was true the people assigning a rational with little to no actual inside information was plain stupid. Just get better and move on, people.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Windows Central was at fault for their reporting, they would state as such. Making the statement that PD's PR provided shows that they realized that the misinformation was their fault. There's nothing to blame WC at all.

Yep.

I do enjoy the conspiracy theory shit that plenty of folks type up. Sites report a story accurately and its just "meh" but the second a site might have goofed or someone implies their reporting is false, its the end of the fuckin world.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Wow.. gaming discussions can be toxic at times with contributions like this.

I'm not sure if that sort of thing is tolerated here but it's a shame if so.
I think people constantly trying to place the blame on something/someone is pretty toxic.

Unless you think I'm telling the person I quoted to shut the fuck up?

kylecoley182

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This changes nothing. 24 hours is a long time on the internet. The fact that they let this news sit there for an entire day without saying anything speaks volumes. I bought their game, then had to cancel my preorder, and now I have to preorder it again? Fuck off Obsidian.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This changes nothing. 24 hours is a long time on the internet. The fact that they let this news sit there for an entire day without saying anything speaks volumes. I bought their game, then had to cancel my preorder, and now I have to preorder it again? Fuck off Obsidian.

Maybe you should have waited for their official response to it either way? Seems like you jumped the gun here.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Obsidian is owned by MS, so what other reason would be if it was true?

Everyone believed the info, not only "PS fanboys"

Because the game isn't being published by Microsoft, it's being published by Private Division.

If Microsoft wanted to make the game exclusive they probably could've paid for development costs and paid Private Division for the IP fully.

But the fact is in this case it's better to just release the game how it is. Is PS4 owners and Switch owners like the game in the future they might want to play the sequel, either on PC, Xbox, or XCloud.

The idea that Phil wants to gimp the PS4 Pro version by paying Private Division to NOT make a PS4 Pro patch was always dumb.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Just in from the high council . "We have dropped Defcon status to 3, please resume berating Microsoft for providing no reason to purchase an Xbox. N.b. Street Fighter V wouldn't exist without our money"

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Anyone accusing me of having "misplaced rage" is way off. My only contribution to that last thread was this:

Neat thread.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say we don't have all the information, yet.

Let's wait until launch, I'm sure we'll get an extensive tech review then.

And hey, we didn't have all the information. Wow.

As a games journalist myself, when I see this happen I have two things that I think may have happened. First is that they simply misinterpreted a press release or email, or however they reach out to the source.

Secondly, and I do not like to throw accusations around like this because they are severe, is that they just made it up. Now, I haven't seen enough of Windows Central to make a call on that, and I'm far from the authority on what happened, but it's worth checking at the very least.

That being said, the last thread on this matter was abhorrent. People were acting incredibly childish and they should be ashamed of themselves.

I don't believe Windows Central made anything up, but I do think they made an article using that ambiguous quote because they knew their audience. I believe that it's fair to criticize them for that.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Just buy the game after it's out and there are reviews
Phil thinks he slick.

He weaseled his way up the corporate ladder using the very same tactics

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Platform Wars
A website called Windowscentral.com spread FUD about a Sony version of a game ?

Steverulez

Oct 27, 2017
A website called Windowscentral.com spread FUD about a Sony version of a game ?

They directly quoted Private Division PR who told them it had no PS4 Pro enhancement, PD could've easily clarified it with them but didnt and WC have updated their article with the updated info, not sure WC come out of this "spreading FUD"

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Hahaha this is satire, right?

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Anyone accusing me of having "misplaced rage" is way off. My only contribution to that last thread was this:

And hey, we didn't have all the information. Wow.

I don't believe Windows Central made anything up, but I do think they made an article using that ambiguous quote because they knew their audience. I believe that it's fair to criticize them for that.

And that's why you want them banned on resetera?

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Frankly, that story screamed that it was something that needed to be followed up on because it seemed to be a good chance that there was a miscommunication or that someone passed on the wrong info. PD's rep or whoever fucked up, but if you acted like a fool that is on you. Don't try to pass the buck that because you read something you decided that it just had to be true and worse a scheme from Microsoft to pull one over on Sony. You would think people would learn as this is far from the first time it has happened, but I guess the internet just wouldn't be fun for people without knee jerk conspiracy theories and canceled preorders.

sjackso3

Oct 30, 2017
Houston
What bothers me is what has Phil Spencer and MS done in recent memory to make anyone even buy into these conspiracy theories? I own all 3 consoles and a PC, and they are all great.

Something stupid that Mattrick did 7 years ago is supposed to define a company for the rest of its existence? Sony can do anti-consumer shit like timed exclusives and no cross play and gamers are like-- "oh that's cool, they are just being aggressive. Good for them." This is what is wrong with this country these days. Tribalism on steroids. It's why we can't get anything done.

Sometimes I wish Xbox would go away so people can see what it's like to have one major corporation calling the shots. Good luck getting a price cut on your PS Nows or frequent online game sales if that ever happens. Does anyone remember the $600 PS3? Did you happily go out and get a second job? No the majority of us bought a 360 and kept it moving.

Do you honestly think that Sony would have busted their ass like they did this generation without MS pushing them?

And no, I don't count Nintendo as real competition in the console space as they largely appeal to a different demographic and the Switch is really a handheld (albeit a great one).

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
I thought the other thread was bad, but the usual suspects are somehow making even bigger fools of themselves in here. Gg y'all.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The quote was ambiguous? Explain.

It's like I said before

As a former games journo, if they are using quotes to quote what PD said, that implies they are directly quoting what was said or emailed to them.

So either the quote is fake (highly doubt)

or PD said there were no enhancements and then backtracked when they realized what they communicated was incorrect.

This isn't a WC issue.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Is it possible that the review copy doesn't have enhancements for Pro, but that they will 'patch' in enhancements prior to launch?

I guess we'll never know until the NDA is up.

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
This would be a very interesting game to watch when it releases on switch , to be able to scale across all systems and modes.

Oct 25, 2017
I also think it should be said, we shouldn't be too upset with private division. Overall this was a minor mistake and sometimes these things happen. It's a shame people overreact like they do.

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
It was ambiguous enough that Windows Central "followed up for clarification".

I think we're debating semantics now. You feel that WC deserves no blame for what turned out to be a controversial piece of misinformation. Fair enough.
You seem determined to blame Windows Central. They very clearly and explicitly reported on the quote they were given by official company PR. They are absolutely not in the wrong here, and I usually am among the first to trash that website due to people like Jez Corden working there.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Thank goodness in that shit show of a closed thread, there were some voices of reason that basically said take a chill pill and give it some time. Now that everything got cleared, instead of having a nod and moving on, people want to continue to rage? Inciting misinformation on purpose? What the actual fuck. Gaming side never ceases to amaze.

It's not enough that both "sides" should win, one must fail.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.