• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
Racist old git!! His whole life will get the traditional British white washing just like another racist called Winston Churchill

Oct 26, 2017
People please, you need to show the proper deference when a titled racist dies. To do any less would be spiteful and that's just bad form.
giphy.gif

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
We need to get rid of the monarchy, a parasitic institution.

Not much to say on Philips death. He was an old man who lived a chequered life, and it was his time to go as we will have to one day. Its sad for his family.

Oct 30, 2017
His implementation of the Duke of Edinburgh awards got me heavily into nature and the exploration and maintenance there of.

While he may not be popular he helped shape my view on the world with the DoE and I'll forever be grateful.

RIP

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
there are a fair few non white royal bootlickers as well to be fair, but yeah it's clearly aimed at deluded royalists so the racism is pretty far fetched.

The original post literally specified white people though.

There's been an odd amount of era posters lately convinced racism against white people is a serious problem. And I mean white as in white, not individual ethnicities.

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
There's no way they both are making it to that age just naturally. There has to be something going on

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User banned (Permanent): Hostility, backseat moderation and downplaying racism over a series of posts. Ban upgrading to permanent following hostile ticket.
do you want a medal, or something?

Not at all. Just others to show some decency.

The man had his faults, that is for certain, but he was overwhelmingly a positive force, particularly in the lives of young people. A wife of seventy years, his children and family lost someone special to them today.
There is a time and a place to be a fool, but it is disrespectful in the thread announcing his death.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sad news, Rest in peace old chap.

My grandma is genuinely gutted having watched the Royals all her life. I remember when she lost her husband, my grandad even 15 years later it's still a huge hole and whatever you think of the queen (and it's obvious what the Era consensus on this is) that's going to be a huge loss for her

Won't pretend he seemed a perfect human and a relic of somewhat worse times in some ways but he was a catalyst for some positive changes and the Duke of Edinburgh awards is quite a legacy

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

The man had his faults, that is for certain, but he was overwhelmingly a positive force, particularly in the lives of young people. A wife of seventy years, his children and family lost someone special to them today.
There is a time and a place to be a fool, but it is disrespectful in the thread announcing his death.

Blatant, disgusting racism and bigotry = "faults" now?

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

the original comment wasn't even about him but all the flag wankers that think we're an empire and how they act

Oct 26, 2017
in 1988 he said when he died he hoped to come back as a deadly virus so he could deal with overpopulation. he was a piece of shit, and a lot of us are having a fun day online.

Oct 28, 2017
it's actually even worse than that, completely fucking normal this island is

Currently there is trouble in NI that could easily escalate in to serious violence and fatalities.

There are elections less than a month away, including Scottish Parliament, that could be the precursor to the break up of the UK.

Sort of a global pandemic going on as well

But we need to forget all about that to fondly remember someone who could break the ice with his racist witticisms. Oh, and there was that time he shot a tiger - bloody good sport!

finfinfin

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
The d of e awards were pretty cool although it's not like you needed a bloody great monarchy to make them happen. I never got gold though, I couldn't be bothered to repeat the expedition after the incident where no-one ended up in a body of water even though someone should have. Also I didn't want to actually do the whole thing where you met him. I did the gold level community service bit though.