• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Nicholas Witchell in multiscreen brown nosing extravaganza.

I thought people were joking about the BBC.

I am genuinely curious whether people would prefer our Head of State to be The Queen or President Johnson.

He essentially is except he leads the legislature and can pack the lords. and there are other options besides the US.

I don't think it's ever funny to celebrate the death of a WW2 veteran. It's a dwindling population as is.
image0.jpg

The-Duke-and-Duchess-of-W-009.jpg

www.nzherald.co.nz

Documents that revealed Duke of Windsor's Nazi ties

The Duke reportedly plotted with Nazis to put his American wife on the throne.

Once again the family is evil and it's a shame to see any protection for them on a site like this

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Has been quite astonishing to think of how much he lived through. When you think of everything that has happened in the last century, it'd certainly be odd to say that "nothing ever changes".

Thought this was quite illuminating too:

Remember the BBC is trying to go for more right wing comedy, so yeah sounds about right

I think this was debunked as bullshit which was being peddled by right-wing newspapers based on 'unnamed sources' and 'people close to' him. Davie himself said he had no idea where it came from.

image0.jpg

The-Duke-and-Duchess-of-W-009.jpg

www.nzherald.co.nz

Documents that revealed Duke of Windsor's Nazi ties

The Duke reportedly plotted with Nazis to put his American wife on the throne.

Once again the family is evil and it's a shame to see any protection for them on a site like this

What has this got to do with Prince Philip as an individual?

Oct 25, 2017

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, we're not allowed to celebrate his death?

Well, I have nothing to say then.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
in fairness Philip was the only member of his family that wasn't a Nazi

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I think this was debunked as bullshit which was being peddled by right-wing newspapers based on 'unnamed sources' and 'people close to' him. Davie himself said he had no idea where it came from.
Oh I see I didn't know that. Thanks, glad it's not the case.
(The BBC still sucks though)

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
WIth this current news coverage, you would think the U.S. was still a colony. This is an absolutely insane propaganda machine right now.

Deleted member 2699

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude was so old he remembers when the royal family owned over half the fucking planet. Rest in piss you old racist vampire.

Pezking

Oct 25, 2017
RIP. Sad that he didn't make it to 100. Can't imagine the grief of losing your spouse after 73 years of marriage. :-(

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Can't say I particularly care much for the royals. But RIP non-the-less. Shame he didn't make it to the big 100 though, just for statistics sake. Also damn are they all getting up there in age. I thought Elizabeth was still in her 80's, let alone 93.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Fun-fact: Philip allegedly yelled at my great-grandfather during WW2. I mean, it's probably a BS story, but I'd like to think there's a personal connection there.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
From the BBC article upthread, this is exactly what systemically ingrained racism and sexism looks like. Acknowledging some people are okay with it while others find it ghoulish doesn't make you balanced, it just means you're ultimately okay with it.

The Duke of Edinburgh's public engagements often produce memorable one-liners that can make some people chuckle and others cringe.
Prince Philip is renowned for speaking his mind - often explained as his attempt to lighten the mood - and that outspoken nature has at times led to controversy with some of those remarks teetering on the edge of being offensive.
Here are some of his most famous quips.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
From the BBC article upthread, this is exactly what systemically ingrained racism and sexism looks like. Acknowledging some people are okay with it while others find it ghoulish doesn't make you balanced, it just means you're ultimately okay with it.

Yep. Their coverage of this is an absolute embarrassment.