• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
52ff3d4e-5106-c354-4225-f7bba7b2707e

giphy.gif

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017
That looks, well, rough, not quite what I was hoping for. I'll keep hope that a trailer will make it look better.

If they decide they want to make more of the series in the future but not the meh sequels, I would be totally fine if they did a FFVIIRemake with this.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
I was really hoping for a more unique art style rather than just Assassin's Creed visuals.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are you sure this isn't someone playing a fast one on you OP?

Raigor

May 14, 2020
It's crazy how 2K Games is doing a much better job remaking Mafia while Ubisoft does not give a single fuck about on of their ""biggest"" IPs and the series that made the whole company big back in the early 2000s

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Excellent. Ubisoft are going to release a half-assed remake, watch it bomb, and then take that as proof that there is no market for a new, quality entry in the series.

Byvar

Oct 26, 2017
That key art looks good at least, but those character faces... yikes. I do not have much faith that the remake will do the original justice. It's a very high bar to reach, and since Patrice Desilets isn't involved, I fear they'll lose sight of what made the original great, just like they did with the sequel, Warrior Within, and then later again when they tried to ape Sands of Time with Forgotten Sands.

I'm looking forward to the full reveal and I'll still play this regardless if it ends up looking bad there as well, since even if it's only half as good the original, it'll still be amazing.
Though I wish we'd get a port of the original game as well.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Just the first one? I thought it was supposed to be the trilogy.

I don't think they are ever going to revisit those ill-judged sequels, they are products of their time.

The most exciting thing about this project is that, if it succeeds, we could get a true sequel to SoT and pretend Warrior Within never happened.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Ubisoft doesn't understand the difference between remaster and remake either. And to think this is skipping the Switch lol.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
This is hilarious, looks like those generic knock off mobile game ads.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not current on this whole rehash mania, does remake means just a graphical facelift or will they be digging deeper, changing the gameplay, levels etc ? Anyhow not really that excited, would have much preferred something plain new within the franchise.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Really gutted that (i) it's not the 2008 game and (ii) it looks like complete shit.

And those are the screens they're choosing to promote the game...

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't care about the Prince's face, he's a nothing character. Show me the gameplay and puzzles

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that does not look good at all, I'll still be optimistic until full reveal but I'll keep my expectations low now.