• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
You may have heard about escape rooms, where a group of people is locked in a room for fun and they figure out puzzles to get out of it. But Ubisoft is tweaking this with virtual reality escape rooms, where you can unlock puzzles that are a lot more complicated and dazzling than standard escape rooms.

Ubisoft Düsseldorf created the Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time experience, and it will debut the this spring in more than 300 locations. It'll be set in the Sands of Time era, which debuted in games in 2003 and got a Hollywood film in 2010. Previously, Ubisoft's Blue Byte studio made VR escape rooms Beyond Medusa's Gate and Escape the Lost Pyramid.

Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time targets all ages. Two, three, or four players team up and work together to solve puzzles and find a way out of a reimagined Fortress of Time.

In the story, players are summoned by Kaileena, the Empress of Time. They must help her stop the evil plans of a magi who is attempting to restore the sands to the Hourglass of Time and create an army of sand monsters. To escape the Fortress of Time, players work together to solve puzzles, using the Dagger of Time's powers to manipulate time.

venturebeat.com

Ubisoft reveals VR escape room Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time

Ubisoft is taking the idea of the virtual reality escape room and running with it. The latest example is its Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (3 days): trolling, history of related infractions
DOT_KEYART_RGB_wide_small.jpg

Prince of Persia's time-bending approach to puzzle-solving is making its way to a virtual-reality escape room near you. Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time, opening worldwide this spring, gives teams of up to four players the chance to work together to solve puzzles and use the titular artifact's powers to stop, rewind, or fast-forward time.

Developed by Ubisoft Düsseldorf – which also created two Assassin's Creed VR escape rooms, Beyond Medusa's Gate and Escape the Lost Pyramid – and based on The Sands of Time trilogy, Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time challenges players to explore, (virtually) climb, and use magical powers to solve puzzles with room-scale VR in a dedicated physical space. At the behest of Kaileena, Empress of Time, players will need to escape from the Fortress of Time and prevent an army of Sand Monsters from being unleashed. To find out more about how the experience took shape, we spoke with Cyril Voiron, executive producer for Ubisoft Escape Games.

Source: https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/arti...s-as-a-vr-escape-room-with-the-dagger-of-time

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
i mean that's cool but fuck i was mega excited by that thread title

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I fucking knew this was a troll. Joke's on you OP, was already disappointed before I klicked.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
Damn... the thread name.

I jump in immediately and got disappointed at the core of my heart... :(

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Figured it would be a mobile game so

Eh