• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Ubi remaking the best Prince of Persia almost makes up for Nintendo neglecting their best Mario from their remakes.

Croash

Oct 27, 2017
If it's Sands of Time, I'm 100% in.

If it's 2008, I'm 1000% in. (But I wouldn't understand why. Don't make me go through the disappointment of never having a sequel again.)

To think of it, if it's Prince of Persia, I'm 9999% in.

Any AAA effort is better than keeping the franchise dormant.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
I'll just echo what others have said. 2008 was a decent game, but not great like some of the others. I also feel it could get by with a simple remaster whereas Sands of Time or the original (or even The Forgotten Sands) would do much better with a full remake.
Totally with you on all points. Forgotten Sands has some of the best, most creative puzzle-platforming in the entire series. Being able to temporarily turn water into a solid is brilliantly integrated.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Really hope it's the Pop 08.

Sands was okay but I am sick of that mechanic. Sands doesn't need a remake it got a remaster and that is good enough. Unless they change it and 2 and 3 never happened.

If it's a remake of 08 it will give them a chance to make some changes to the game and listen to the criticisms. Hell they can recon it to start a new Trilogy and finally leave the Sands of Time behind.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Totally with you on all points. Forgotten Sands has some of the best, most creative puzzle-platforming in the entire series. Being able to temporarily turn water into a solid is brilliantly integrated.
Sadly, the combat was terrible. They should expand on the platforming of FS and bring along with it the improved combat system they introduced in WW.

Byronic Hero

Oct 27, 2017
PoP 08 was so generic and dull it made Warrior Within and Two Thrones look almost exciting by comparison. It was pretty, but had so little else going for it.

A proper Sands of Time remake (not that movie tie-in or the horrible HD trilogy) would be something though.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
2008 was quite dull once the novelty of the on rails acrobatics wore off, and that was by about the second area. Don't think I'd want to play a remake of that personally, even if it does look great graphically

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Definitely hoping for Sands of Time. I enjoyed 08' but Sands of Time is still one of my favorite games of all time.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
What are the odds that these remakes are to gauge interest for a new entry in the franchise

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
All thes people wanting sands of time when we know it's going to be Prince of Persia 3D.
220px-Prince_of_Persia_3D_Coverart.png

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Why remake? Why not a new one?

Well, I'll be curious about a SoT remake, as I never got to play the original, despite it being highly praised at the time.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I like 2008 a lot, but if all we're getting is a version of that running in 4K, that'd be pretty disappointing. Like, I hope that happens, because that game's cool, and if we're going to get new PoP that's where I'd want it to pick up from, but if we're going all in on a remake, I want Sands of Time.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
As long as they adhere to the art aesthetics of PoP 2008, I am good with whichever game they would like to iterate on.

I just hope there are not any sexual harassers and/or bigots working on this project given that seems to be way under don't ask, don't tell, don't wanna know Yves' style of leadership.

Then again, I wonder how many gamers care given how swiftly the gaming media has largely moved on from this deep rooted problem to once again serving as an extension of game companies' PR. Because ya know.. "muh gaemz".

Oct 27, 2017
I beat PoP 2008 and I'm convinced the pretty graphics have brainwashed people into thinking it's a fun game. There is no gameplay whatsoever, you might as well be watching a Let's Play while holding a controller. All three SoT trilogy games are better.

Oct 25, 2017
People mostly hate on 08 because of it's gameplay mechanics, but that world was really breathtaking back then.

But the remake is probably sands of time.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
If they remake the 2008 one I hope they offer a bit more variety in gameplay and make the story more compelling. The traversal, banter between the characters and the visuals were great!

SoT needs the more refined combat mechanics from WW and then it's gonna be an amazing game.