• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
PoP was visually stunning but the gameplay was kinda boring. I'd play it again only if it includes the DLC that was exclusive to consoles.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Little concerned as to how they are going to monetise this game considering all Ubisoft game now have skins and currencies you can buy.

It's going to be monetised by all that $$$ violent Sony will be paying to make it exclusive.

Disclaimer: I have absolutely no idea or any inside information to suggest this is true, but honestly it wouldn't be a massive surprise if it was.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Me with every PoP tease/rumor:

XdgKmqI.png

Last edited:

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
Hoping they have some of the designers from The Forgotten Sands on the team. That game overall was pretty....forgettable. lol. But it had some of the best platforming puzzle sections in the entire series.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Why not a new one? Remaking 2008 would be worthless, it is not very good and it also still looks pretty great.

Oct 27, 2017
The Forgotten Sands games were not a reboot per se, they take place in the trilogy timeline.

That's probably true. They were very clearly attempting to return to the look and feel of the first Sands of Time (to tie in with the Sands of Time film).

Though even within that canon, there's some big changes between the games. Warrior Within especially feels like more of a reboot than any other game in the series!

Tokio Blues

Sep 14, 2018
POP Sands of Time, was one of the best games I have ever played. Just a lot of good memories, awesome.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
which rumor(s) point to this being a 2008 remake? I wouldn't mind that, though I think I'd rather have SoT. But at least the epilogue can make it to all platforms

hope they ditch the button-mashing qtes though

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
God this better not be 08. I liked it well enough but it's so bland compared to Sands of Time.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
I mean the problem with 2008 is that the ultra handholdy, automated, no-risk gameplay IS the game. There's not really much you could fix short of completely changing the entire game design and at that point what's even valuable about 2008? It's not like the story is good.
Agreed. I liked 2008 just fine, but it did not make a lasting impression on me like Sands of Time did. I did not become attached to the characters, and the platforming almost felt like QTEs without the button prompts. Gorgeous art style, but that's really the only thing that stuck with me

PoP 2018 is also the game that made me mistakenly think that Nolan North had no range. I later read an interview with North where said he asked the developer what kind of accent they were looking for, and they said, "None. We just want Drake."

Anyway - I'm really hoping the remake is Sands of Time. It still holds up fairly well today, but a remake could be incredible.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Hyped regardless if it's a remake of SoT (trilogy) or 2008. 2008 is best Prince, so I hope it's that one.

I would be curious though what a reminagening of Warrior Within would be like.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. I liked 2008 just fine, but it did not make a lasting impression on me like Sands of Time did. I did not become attached to the characters, and the platforming almost felt like QTEs without the button prompts. Gorgeous art style, but that's really the only thing that stuck with me

PoP 2018 is also the game that made me mistakenly think that Nolan North had no range. I later read an interview with North where said he asked the developer what kind of accent they were looking for, and they said, "None. We just want Drake."

Anyway - I'm really hoping the remake is Sands of Time. It still holds up fairly well today, but a remake could be incredible.

Exactly. Like the 2008 game isn't terrible or anything, it just feels shockingly bland and unambitious. The whole "Elika plays the game for you" mechanic makes platforming pointless, the combat isn't very good, and the Prince's character is a selfish prick who it's impossible to feel anything for, which is made even more apparent by the complete and utter lack of effort put in by the writers and voice directors toward making the Prince anything more than Nathan Drake in a headwrap.

Like if anything they should make a SEQUEL to 2008 with him as the main villain. That would be how you follow up on PoP 2008.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
I'll just echo what others have said. 2008 was a decent game, but not great like some of the others. I also feel it could get by with a simple remaster whereas Sands of Time or the original (or even The Forgotten Sands) would do much better with a full remake.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
I think the worst case scenario is if this is actually a Remaster of 08. An actual, full blown top-to-bottom remake would mean they could at least redesign the awful platforming and mindless combat. The setting certainly wasn't the issue with PoP 08.

(although please god get someone other than Nolan North)

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
08 was beautiful but such a bore imo
i think it might actually have been one of the most "mindless" games i ever played - i vaguely remember it was almost impossible to reach a fail state in that game

Jay_AD

Oct 28, 2017
The original 1989 PoP is perfect in the DOS/Amiga version. (SNES was kinda cool but a different game) The "classic" remake on PS360 was neat, but didn't really feel right.

I don't think an actual version of the original game that captures what made the original great would fly with today's audiences. So I hope they don't touch that. Sands of Time though? I could see it.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
It makes sense. AC can go off and be a RPG while PoP takes over that old school AC mantle, hopefully