• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
I'm playing the 2008 game currently and I'm impressed that Elika speaks Persian/Farsi when performing magic (usually stuff along the lines of "show us the way"). They also tied it into Zoroastrian mythology as well which was neat. Would be cool if future games tapped into the Shahnameh for inspiration.
I think they actually nailed the aesthetic in the 2008 game, but I'm still annoyed how in every iteration the Prince just looks like an average white guy, blue/green eyes and everything.

But yeah agreed. They could do a more fantastical/mystical game based on the Shahnameh stories (or just Persian mythology in general), would be a welcome change from the Medieval/Nordic/Greek themes we've had so much of.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
giphy.gif

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
So is this a remake of the remake?

Or is it a remake of the remake of the remake?

(they have rebooted this series quite a lot).

Didn't think Ubi had the IP still anyway.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Guatemala? Why is this even news?
Not sure why this is a question. This is a listing for an unannounced game. Retailer listings of unannounced games are quite often true. If Guatemalan retailers had some kind of exceptionally poor track record, then by now we'd have seen one or more other stories of fake games on Guatemalan sites and they'd be disregarded. So this should be considered as most likely accurate, and it's not like there are any Guatemala-exclusive games.

This is, therefore, just about confirmation of a Prince of Persia game, and you're asking why that's news.

Yeah...its gonna be a port/remaster of some sorts if the release date is Nov 2020.
I don't know much about game pricing in Guatemala, but it seems like a full-priced game. That'd be a bit of a tough sell for a remaster or a port of a single game (it could of course be a compilation, but the name suggests it's a single game and the price suggests it's not just a port or remaster).

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
sands of time would be an amazing remake. please be real.

08 was okay, I would not be particularly excited though.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
So glad it's coming to Switch too. Well at least I hope so according to the listing.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Just give me Sands of Time HD (again). Ubisoft never managed to replicate the atmosphere again (PoP 08 is another kettle of fish) and I have no interest to see modern Ubisoft ruin the series.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
isn't that art the one from reddit guy "don't believe me? here's artwork proof"?

i mean, it can be the PoP 1989 remake.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
According to my twitter DM's a lot of PoP fans will be mad at me if this is not real.

Don't worry .

It is

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
also prince of persia naming is getting out of hand lmao

we have no idea which game is this the remake of.