• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I wonder if they keep the sequels quite as edgy if it is indeed a Sands Trilogy remake.

Sands of Time is one of those games I've always wanted to play from that era but never got around to. Much like Resident Evil 4. (No, I don't think I'm qualified to post on this forum either)

Edit: I've played the second one though... :/

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I wonder if they keep the sequels quite as edgy if it is indeed a Sands Trilogy remake.

Sands of Time is one of those games I've always wanted to play from that era but never got around to. Much like Resident Evil 4. (No, I don't think I'm qualified to post on this forum either)

They better. Part of the charme is that edge. Would be super sad about it as the narrative supports the changes from Part 1.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The PS3 HD trilogy is not good though. It has glaring sound issues where everything has an echo. Avoid if possible.

The Xbox version of Sands of Time does work on Xbox One (and will work on Xbox Series X), as someone else already mentioned.
As I recall, there were complaints about it missing a lot of graphical effects compared to the PS2 originals. It kinda sticks in my memory as the first big failed HD remaster.

Wow, I didn't know it was bad. I'm glad I skipped it then.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
That's the font from the 2008 game, right? Might not mean anything. I'd love a ground up SOT remake but I'll take any pop I can get

As I recall, there were complaints about it missing a lot of graphical effects compared to the PS2 originals. It kinda sticks in my memory as the first big failed HD remaster.

Yeah it was really lacklustre. Lots of audio bugs and a lot of the visual production that made SOT special was lost in translation.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I've heard good things about that version, but I think I'll likely check out the PC one as well. I have a Wii but no longer have a TV to play games on, would likely emulate it via Dolphin. Does it require motion controls?
It does actually. Motion controls and heavy use
of pointer.

I did replay the game on Dolphin some time ago, and I mapped the motions to buttons and the pointer to the right analogue stick. Wasn't perfect but I managed.

The PC version is good as well, but nowhere near as clever and inventive as Wii version. The art style of the Wii version is much nicer as well.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt this is Sands of Time. More likely a remake or remaster of the remake of the original 2D game.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I recently bought all 5 games to play through them all on PS3 lol. This would be awesome.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Hopefully they can finally make their protagonist somewhat Persian.

...which apparently is too much to ask from a game called, you know, Prince of Persia.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Remake what? This series tends to reboot itself since it's more known for it's concept than it is it's narrative.

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
Hopefully they can finally make their protagonist somewhat Persian.

...which apparently is too much to ask from a game called, you know, Prince of Persia.

I'm playing the 2008 game currently and I'm impressed that Elika speaks Persian/Farsi when performing magic (usually stuff along the lines of "show us the way"). They also tied it into Zoroastrian mythology as well which was neat. Would be cool if future games tapped into the Shahnameh for inspiration.

Black_Trace

May 31, 2019
Shinobi did tease that the Prince of Persia rumors going around a few months ago were something. Guess we will see what soon. Hopefully it will be revealed at the Ubiforward in September.

Colocho

Oct 25, 2017
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO
seeing a store from my contra as a leaker is the most random thing

The price disparity makes me wonder if it's actually real, for some reason this store always sells nintendo games at a higher price than playstation games, even if they are supposed to be the same price.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO
seeing a store from my contra as a leaker is the most random thing

The price disparity makes me wonder if it's actually real, for some reason this store always sells nintendo games at a higher price than playstation games, even if they are supposed to be the same price.
Does this store sell Xbox games? Just trying to figure out why an Xbox version isn't listed.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Does this store sell Xbox games? Just trying to figure out why an Xbox version isn't listed.
If this leak is true, there very likely is an Xbox One version, just digital only. Many, many games this generation released physically on PS4 and Switch but released digital only on Xbox One since they have a high minimum quantity of how many copies can be ordered.

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
If this leak is true, there very likely is an Xbox One version, just digital only. Many, many games this generation released physically on PS4 and Switch but released digital only on Xbox One since they have a high minimum quantity of how many copies can be ordered.
I just don't see a new Prince of Persia game not hitting the 50,000 minimum print run requirement is the thing

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
I mean insiders were hinting that Sony have a "shocking" slate of timed exclusives coming up -- could be that Sony got timed exclusivity for this just between them and Xbox (since neither PS or Xbox view Nintendo/Switch as a direct competitor anymore)
I wouldn't buy that either, since Sony's prior exclusivity deals that we either know of or that have been hinted at do include provisions against Switch versions.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm not entirely convinced that Ubisoft remembers that Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia were once their own franchises so I'm going to wait and see on this to save myself the potential heartache.

hamghost

Sep 1, 2019
I'm a huge fan of this series and would love to enjoy this, but Ubisoft spent years allowing blatant abuse of their staff to take place and then tried to cover it up, so I really couldn't buy this in good conscience.