• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Mar 29, 2018
No, you said this, and i quote " Between this and private schools possibly needing to close due to lack of money, Coronavirus is targeting all the symbols of our class structure. Fantastic "

The meaning behind your statement is perfectly clear. don't weasel out of it
I'm not part of this conversation really, but I think Pro was basically saying that all schools, whether private or not, are getting impacted? Like, it's impacting all levels of the class structure?

Idk

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
At least one crown he actually gets.
tenor.gif

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
Who gives a fuck about him on a personal level. But what about his staff? Hope they get tested and if positive the contacts are traced.
idk if these celebs can truly practice social distancing with them being so dependent and traditional.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is Dyno confusing Prince Charles for Prince Philip? 🤔
No. Though you're right I was confusing some of the portrayals because the spitting image stuff I was thinking of was largely Phillip. Charles has also had some rather questionable encounters. It was only a couple years ago he told a black woman she didnt look like she was from manchester.
how embarrassing for him
Lmao. rich coming from you. I've seen the posts you got banned for in the brexit thread

16bits

Apr 26, 2019
No. Though you're right I was confusing some of the portrayals because the spitting image stuff I was thinking of was largely Phillip.

So you didn't confuse the people, just their portrayal in "spitting image"? i can see that's the sort of show you apparently get your facts from.

I'm no fan of the royals, but i wouldn't wish this disease on anyone.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So you didn't confuse the people, just their portrayal in "spitting image"? i can see that's the sort of show you apparently get your facts from.

I'm no fan of the royals, but i wouldn't wish this disease on anyone.
Oh so you conveniently cut out the the part where Charles also has a history of racism and select the part you wish to address as if the other didn't? I dont know why I bothered wasting my time with you in the first place

Oct 27, 2017
I'm weird in that I don't want anyone to die. Maybe you are different.

I should stop being shocked when people on this forum either wish for or celebrate the death of people. It has happened too often now.

I absolutely agree with this. I think Era has a problem with members who seem to think themselves on a moral pedestal of decency, while at the same time making incredibly dubious and dire taste comments and suggestions about the health of others. And no, I don't think "he's this, he's that" excuses it.

At a time of a global health emergency the likes we've never known, I think people can stand to shut the fuck up with it in all honesty.

Mar 29, 2018
and the word "fantastic"?
As in, "it's fantastic that the virus is affecting the 1% as well as the 99%"?

Fantastic is a totally inappropriate word to use, tonally, but I think I get the poster's meaning. I've been relishing watching BoJo's face in the most intense meetings and watching Trump and cronies melt down, etc - and I am certain this is because the super-rich (rich enough to send kids to private schools) are getting hit very hard by the crisis as well. They can't hide in bunkers from this.

If that IS what Pro was saying, I agree (even if not with how he said it).

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not part of this conversation really, but I think Pro was basically saying that all schools, whether private or not, are getting impacted? Like, it's impacting all levels of the class structure?

Idk
I was referencing the other news story today about some private schools not having the funds to survive this crisis. Private schools largely exist to enforce class divides and shouldn't exist. Everyone should be on even footing with well funded state schools.

I assumed that was clear from my post, it wasn't, and I'm sorry about that.

As in, "it's fantastic that the virus is affecting the 1% as well as the 99%"?

Fantastic is a totally inappropriate word to use, tonally, but I think I get the poster's meaning. I've been relishing watching BoJo's face in the most intense meetings and watching Trump and cronies melt down, etc. If that IS what Pro was saying, I agree (even if not with how he said it).
Yeah, using "Fantastic" was inappropriate tonally. I obviously don't wish anyone to be sick or spread it or anything.

Anyway, I'm for real tapping out of this thread now, just wanted to clarify that!

Mar 29, 2018
I was referencing the other news story today about some private schools not having the funds to survive this crisis. Private schools largely exist to enforce class divides and shouldn't exist. Everyone should be on even footing with well funded state schools.

I assumed that was clear from my post, it wasn't, and I'm sorry about that.

Yeah, using "Fantastic" was inappropriate tonally. I obviously don't wish anyone to be sick or spread it or anything.

Anyway, I'm for real tapping out of this thread now, just wanted to clarify that!
I thought so. Glad to hear it. All good on my end.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Get well soon and I hope he hasn't infected others.

Edit: I forgot his age, damn...

Last edited:

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Shit is terrifying that people like this, who you'd think at this point would be pretty safely sheltered away, are STILL catching this fucking thing. In a way, it helps me understand how we are going to get from the current 20,000 dead worldwide to the millions we will probably end up with.

Tuppen

Nov 28, 2017
No. Though you're right I was confusing some of the portrayals because the spitting image stuff I was thinking of was largely Phillip. Charles has also had some rather questionable encounters. It was only a couple years ago he told a black woman she didnt look like she was from manchester.

Lmao. rich coming from you. I've seen the posts you got banned for in the brexit thread
Yep if that's the case he totally deserves to die!

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Shit is terrifying that people like this, who you'd think at this point would be pretty safely sheltered away, are STILL catching this fucking thing. In a way, it helps me understand how we are going to get from the current 20,000 dead worldwide to the millions we will probably end up with.
Keep in mind they are regularly traveling and meeting people who also travel a lot, no?

Im starting to get scared just going to grocery stories

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I feel more sympathy for all the people / staff he infected for not practicing social distancing. Just hope this wakes people up, but it might have the opposite effect if people see it as no big deal for the elderly since he has a mild case so far.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Keep in mind they are regularly traveling and meeting people who also travel a lot, no?

I'd fucking hope they aren't traveling and meeting a ton of people right now. If I were a rich person, I wouldn't be stepping out of my castle for at least 12 months.

As for groceries, I have been using walmarts store pickup. Just ordered some things last night and scheduled my pickup time for this morning. Drive up and park, and they throw it right into my trunk. Currently they are signing everything for you, so you literally don't have to touch anything of theirs. Check in with your phone, and they just ask my name when they first come out. Fuck going into those crowded ass stores right now.

AkumaNiko

Oct 28, 2017

same here, i went to burger king today, did the right thing and ordered online and did cashless pick up, but some idiot infront of me was using cash. Whats worse, the employee that gave me my food had no gloves on.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

He hasn't been really sheltered away at all though, he's attended a bunch of events the last month with like dozens/hundreds of people around him.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Well, he's spent vast quantities of taxpayer money propagating homeopathy for decades and directly causing false hope, amplifying a fraudulent scam and possibly harming or indirectly causing the deaths of who knows how many people who wrongly assumed that Homeopathy was medicine because Prince Charles told them it was. He's actually one of the most destructive "vaxxers" in UK history. He actually got a taxpayer funded Homeopathy wing opened at one of the most lauded hospitals in the country. So he'd guilty of being a POS minimum, and very likely much more serious actual harm.

He's not just spreading harmful bullshit, he's enabling financial fraud.

Perhaps he just needs an undetectably dilute solution of willow bark to get him through the Coronavirus.

Oct 28, 2017
Well, he's spent vast quantities of taxpayer money propagating homeopathy for decades and directly causing false hope, amplifying a fraudulent scam and possibly harming or indirectly causing the deaths of who knows how many people who wrongly assumed that Homeopathy was medicine because Prince Charles told them it was. He's actually one of the most destructive "vaxxers" in UK history. He actually got a taxpayer funded Homeopathy wing opened at one of the most lauded hospitals in the country. So he'd guilty of being a POS minimum, and very likely much more serious actual harm.

He's not just spreading harmful bullshit, he's enabling financial fraud.

Perhaps he just needs an undetectably dilute solution of willow bark to get him through the Coronavirus.

There's also quite a few legal cases where he's intervened on behalf of, let's be charitable, "dodgy" individuals.