• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of Farscape, so Amazon Prime Video is going to start streaming all of Farscape INCLUDING a remastered Peacekeeper Wars tomorrow:
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...-guide-how-to-watch-the-classic-sci-fi-series

All four seasons and the wrap-up Peacekeeper Wars miniseries, which had been unavailable on streaming for a while, arrive in HD on Amazon Prime Video on Tuesday, the show's US anniversary date. The Amazon deal makes it available to Prime customers in the US, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Nordic nations and several other countries (Farscape is also available on iTunes and DVD).

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes! I was watching this on Netflix when it was removed a couple years ago. I missed all those little muppets.

Ninja edit: Well, I guess there's only a couple muppet main characters and an occasional muppet rat. But I still miss them.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
The last season really needed a remaster. The edge enhancement ringing on the DVD sets for that season are absolutely awful.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
This was comfort television for me. I think I watched the first two seasons on DVD and streamed the last two seasons on Prime the last time it was on there. Had to buy the Peacekeeper Wars DVD but was glad to do so since it provided the proper finale. And it's great news that they're including a remastered version this time!

Farscape fits in with the Star Treks, Babylon 5s, and Stargates of the world. It's a worthwhile watch that doesn't outstay its welcome. Great characters, makeup, and puppetronics too.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Margarita and Pizza party tomorrow!
93TEahg.jpg

I couldn't get into The Peacekeeper Wars. Something about it felt off. Like the down time caused everyone forgot how to play their characters.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have just started a rewatch with the dvds from Netflix, this will save me time and my dvd que.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I'll never forgive scifi-ERA (then GAF) for recommending this show to me. I absolutely loathed it. I powered through to the very end under the impression it would get better and I hated hated hated hated every moment of it except the silly episode about the damn crackers/food squares.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Been meaning to binge this recently. I've only ever seen the first couple of seasons and don't remember any of it.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Rewatch Time!

I feel old, knowing it's the 20th anniversary of the premier.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll never forgive scifi-ERA (then GAF) for recommending this show to me. I absolutely loathed it. I powered through to the very end under the impression it would get better and I hated hated hated hated every moment of it except the silly episode about the damn crackers/food squares.
You watched around 66 hours of a television show you hated? That sounds like a you problem and not the Sci-Fi peeps who recommended it.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
I'm obviously biased but this is such an amazing show. Hoping by some miracle that the edge enhancement mentioned above has been removed from Season 4.

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I would love a remake or reboot of the series. Obviously the oroginL actors are getting yp there in years. But cameos would be cool too.

What are the odds of that happenning before i die?

Dont break my heart guys.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
...of course Germany is not among the countries. Not surprising, but disappointing nonetheless.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I actually have the Blu Ray set from PAL upscale. This will likely never get a true remaster from film, hope I am wrong.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's really a shame that this show has gone unnoticed in the streaming era, primarily because it hasn't had a reliable permanent home.....and just disappeared completely for many years.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
Season 3 is just as good as any great to perfect season of any tv show in the last 20 years.

Don't @ me

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I don't buy enough from Amazon to buy a Prime subscription. I assume that they aren't going to make the show available to actually buy?

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I should finally get round to watching this show. Maybe I'll do a first-time watch thread...

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
You watched around 66 hours of a television show you hated? That sounds like a you problem and not the Sci-Fi peeps who recommended it.

I legit did. It was the only time I ever did it too. Consider for a moment though that this was long ago, back when I first started even watching serialized television. The first series I ever watched to completion was Stargate SG1, that very year. After discovering, well.... television was a lot more satisfying when you consume the entire series instead of just bits and pieces of episodic content I went looking for other shows to watch.

Thats where I got the Farscape recommendation along with The Wire. Prior to that time, I never ever consumed TV shows like that.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I binged this show and the movie 6 or 7 years ago and really loved it. Scorpius and Harvey were fantastic. I was satisfied with the ending, too.

Too bad Dark Matter fell apart.

Masterblaster

Nov 13, 2017
All time favorite sci-fi show. Wins with a hair over B5 even for me which i also loved to death. The GOAT of sci-fi shows (even with the messed up S4 and very uneven PKW). /drops mic

Edit: Sad to see that the main series will probably never get a proper HD remaster treatment because of the way it was filmed (same with B5). I would love to have this in some cleaned up, remastered full HD goodness. Checked a bit the Amazon prime quallity but alas the quallty is not much better then i remember.

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
It's weird, you have to search for farscape amazon prime, or you get the farscape version that's listed as not available for some reason.

Anyway I'm streaming episode 1 now! :) YAY!