• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Closing their US Border would be catastrophic to their economy even more. Trudeau knows this and so should all of you. It would hurt both countries more so.

Shit actually it would close Canada off from everything and effectively isolate them.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I thought he said Americans were banned and thought it was a good response. Frig.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
"You must self isolate for 14 days" but is Trudeau introducing anything that allows Canada to force that? If not then it means nothing.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
LOL my parents literally just landed in Jamaica and sent a snarky text about how much they loved an empty airport. fuck that

Oct 27, 2017
I have been planning on seeing a music festival in Vancouver in April (coming from California), but in my heart I've known for a week or two that it just wasn't going to happen. They haven't canceled the show yet, but at this point....I don't see how it's remotely smart of me to travel across the border - even as a healthy person.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Trudea needs to come out and just say "let your employees work from home if they can, you fucking morons". Companies just aren't taking the hint.

jetscanfly

Jan 19, 2018
Can someone please give my heart all the joy in the world and make a gif of Trudeau looking into the camera saying "come home"?

Jan 31, 2018
Can't go from zero to a hundred immediately; it'd destroy the economy. They'll likely increase the restrictions before long.

Nobility

Oct 25, 2017
Like I thought, it's leverage from US side.

But also sounds like if it gets worse, they are considering revisiting the topic.

Would probably destroy the economy though.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Regarding of why the US is exempt, he lowkey blamed Trump haha.

Basically said that it needs more coordination with the US basically...

OP
OP
Liquid Plejades
Mar 3, 2018
he keeps saying "aggresive steps" and "extreme measures" but these didnt seem to be like that...i really expected a lockdown and full border closure. I hope things dont get worse because of this.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
what's the TL;DR of this?

Borders closed to all countries but the US

International travel restricted to 4 main airports: Montreal, Toronto.m, Vancouver, can't remember the 4th

If you have symptoms you aren't getting back into the country after the cut off date (18th I think) even if you're a Canadian citizen but the government will help you.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
That answer to allow Americans isn't good enough tbh... let the trade in, don't let citizens in.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Borders closed for non citizens. US exempted.
Borders closed to all countries but the US

International travel restricted to 4 main airports: Montreal, Toronto.m, Vancouver, can't remember the 4th

If you have symptoms you aren't getting back into the country after the cut off date (18th I think) even if you're a Canadian citizen but the government will help you.
What about the trade of goods?

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
Sure hope they have a plan to address the huge amount of people that will be flying in in the next couple of days. US didn't prepare and it was a disaster, as thousands of people were condensed together and created a nice petri dish for the coronavirus.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
yeah seems like he didn't want to do it yet because Trump maybe will block trade and goods if its not coordinated between the two countries?