• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Lot of speculation going on in Canada since last night about this and a lot of rumours spreading. Most too far fetched and tinfoil hat stuff, but the two main topics that are being hinted at is a 14 day lockdown on everything besides essential services and/or closure of the border. Could be both, could be neither.
That's not tinfoil hat stuff. That's simply what multiple countries in Europe are already doing.

As an Austrian, it's starting to feel almost surreal how there's still countries that are documenting infections which aren't at that point yet. And the people of every single country that gets to that point, quickly go from being shocked to realizing that these restrictions should have happened even faster.

OP
OP
Liquid Plejades
Mar 3, 2018
That's not tinfoil hat stuff. That's simply what multiple countries in Europe are already doing.

As an Austrian, it's starting to feel almost surreal how there's still countries that are documenting infections which aren't at that point yet. And every single country who gets there goes quickly goes from being shocked to realizing that these restrictions should have happened even faster.

Oh i didnt mean lockdown is tinfoil hat stuff, i jsut meant some of the other rumors were tinfoil hatt stuff, like someone on reddit saying he will announce martial law and army will be out on the streets by monday night. Its ok to speculate, but people were claiming they knew things because of "someone they knew high up" and causing lots of panic.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
6Cj-CU3T3g7sDE-v0ojqQkNIODQ=.gif

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Trudeau can invoke the Emergency Powers Act if he wants to. It would override everything in the country.

It would be kind of wild to have two Trudeaus invoking the War Measures Act (and its successor, which is what I assume you're referring to). Not in a meaningful way or anything, just an unfortunate coincidence.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Watching and hoping for a lockdown announcement. I heard from my brothers fiance whose mom is friends with someone in Government(lol this sounds so ridiculous) that a shutdown was discussed but what exactly that entailed I'm not sure.

I really hope Trudeu does it.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Anyone think he's going to announce that he has it? Doesn't his wife have it?

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It's taking them longer than they thought to wheel him out on his death bed.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Trudeau has been far too measured so I would be surprised if he made any aggressive moves. If it is just redirecting shit to fewer airports I will be very disappointed.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Man, fuck this shit. Don't start hyping up an announcement on a Sunday night, and then be more than half an hour late (at least) with the reveal.