• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
What a cliffhanger! I hope there's another season happening, has it been confirmed? Not a fan of the treatment of the one human woman turning out to be a typical damsel in distress who can cook, but she is good with a bow so hope there is more characterisation. How do you introduce a wood monster who chops down trees and moves super fast, has black goo, and then burn the monster who looks like a smaller dinosaur and that's it? Seemed anticlimactic.

Either way, this has been an amazing experimental and creative show, and I can't wait for more.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a cliffhanger! I hope there's another season happening, has it been confirmed? Not a fan of the treatment of the one human woman turning out to be a typical damsel in distress who can cook, but she is good with a bow so hope there is more characterisation. How do you introduce a wood monster who chops down trees and moves super fast, has black goo, and then burn the monster who looks like a smaller dinosaur and that's it? Seemed anticlimactic.

Either way, this has been an amazing experimental and creative show, and I can't wait for more.

They're already working on the second season, no clue when it will drop. The episode with the night time killer was probably the weakest of the season by and far even if had some great visuals. I would also point out the coven who aren't Damsals in distress and actually take down Spear and Fang.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
They're already working on the second season, no clue when it will drop. The episode with the night time killer was probably the weakest of the season by and far even if had some great visuals. I would also point out the coven who aren't Damsals in distress and actually take down Spear and Fang.
Yeah the night killer episode had mainly great imagery and tension, but not much else. Thanks for reminding me of the coven. They were an interesting bunch. It seems outside of Spear, humanoids have languages and can speak, so is Spear a neanderthal and Mira is a human slave for some scorpion gang?

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the night killer episode had mainly great imagery and tension, but not much else. Thanks for reminding me of the coven. They were an interesting bunch. It seems outside of Spear, humanoids have languages and can speak, so is Spear a neanderthal and Mira is a human slave for some scorpion gang?

I'm not sure what the coven are supposed to be considering the supernatural nature of their births but I think the general idea is that humans exist in the world as well and even have a society of sorts. The last episode really blew things open in terms of world building and story potential. I'm actually wondering if they might attempt more long form story telling in the second season if the drive is a rescue mission.

I'm actually curious about the horned humanoid that seemingly rules the people in the boats. Could just be a big guy with a horned helmet but considering magic exists I'm wondering if it's a straight up demon/monster.

OP
OP
Beedig

Beedig

Feb 10, 2018
Yeah, im not sure season 2 is this year. I feel we would've had news by now. I know it's been in production. So if it's not this year it definitely will be next year. Genndy is super busy that guy has so many projects on his plate.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, im not sure season 2 is this year. I feel we would've had news by now. I know it's been in production. So if it's not this year it definitely will be next year. Genndy is super busy that guy has so many projects on his plate.

Yeah I was going to say he's like Guillermo Del Toro getting half a dozen projects going at once except it seems like all of them are actually going through. He's got two animated series now between Primal and Unicorn: Warriors Eternal as well as several movies at Sony Animation. I think he has another project he's working on as well.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah I was going to say he's like Guillermo Del Toro getting half a dozen projects going at once except it seems like all of them are actually going through. He's got two animated series now between Primal and Unicorn: Warriors Eternal as well as several movies at Sony Animation. I think he has another project he's working on as well.
I think that's about it, a Hotel Transylvania finale movie, Unicorn, and Primal. If there's something else, it's not listed on IMDB yet or officially announced.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think that's about it, a Hotel Transylvania finale movie, Unicorn, and Primal. If there's something else, it's not listed on IMDB yet or officially announced.

He's actually got two other movies at Sony Animation, Black Knight and another that I don't think has a name. I think he's just producing and advising on the latest Hotel Transylvania film. Sony basically gave him free reign to finally do what he wants now that he's had success three times in a row with the HT films.

Sigurd2990

Nov 2, 2017
I think Genndy does the best animated fights from any animated show I have seen. I hope people continue to support him.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
*excited caveman noises*

Tartakovsky deserves all the awards.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If they do another split season then perhaps we can get the first half in the winter/spring of next year.

OP
OP
Beedig

Beedig

Feb 10, 2018
Hopefully we get something next year. I'm super curious how far they'll take this show with what they teased at the end of season 1.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

He's done a couple interviews where he discussed the story of season 2 and one of the things he kept on about was how they were not just going to do the expected stuff in the expected ways. He mentioned not wanting to just make the villain of the second season some big scary warrior guy as an example and wanting to do something very different than that

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
He's done a couple interviews where he discussed the story of season 2 and one of the things he kept on about was how they were not just going to do the expected stuff in the expected ways. He mentioned not wanting to just make the villain of the second season some big scary warrior guy as an example and wanting to do something very different than that

Interesting! Well, whatever it is I'm sure it'll be good!

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How about Fang and Spear time travel to the future and enroll at Sherman High? Think of all the wacky hijinks that could ensue!

Sigh.

Maybe, at the very least, they could cross paths with Korgoth. Ya wanna get unconventional? Let's do backdoor continuations!

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's unconfirmed at the moment but it sounds like part 1 of season 2 will be starting on July 21.

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Very glad about the HBO Max deal. In the past recommending this show was tough not a lot of people had access to the adult swim app.

I expect the whole ohh you thought the carnivore dinosaurs were the terrors of this time period…enter Homo sapiens.