• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the weakest episode so far but I find this show a joy to watch even if it's just retreading older ground. Did feel there was too much build up which left the conclusion rather abrupt. I also kind of wish they never actually showed what the creature looked like. Would have been more effective if it was just this mysterious killing machine in the woods.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I didn't quite get why Spear was itching to go fight the night feeder when it was out there slaughtering that herd of Ceratopsians. Like was that him trying to be proactive about killing the thing he was really afraid of? Can't see a reason why he'd care about wanting to save its prey.

I also kind of wish they never actually showed what the creature looked like. Would have been more effective if it was just this mysterious killing machine in the woods.
While I am inclined to agree with the sentiment, I was a bit happy to see what it was:

The-skeleton-of-Therizinosaur-Therizinosaurus-cheloniformis-The-head-of-the-reptile_Q640.jpg

I was expecting a completely made up monster, but it was some sort of a Therizinosaur. When first fossils were discovered, scientists thought this thing had to have been a predator (they were a herbivorous genus of Tyrannosaurids with scary claws). It's clear that they took the initial idea of what the animal was and ran with it as a slasher villain.

Kinda cool.

Dino nerd appreciates.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Beedig

Beedig

Feb 10, 2018
The animation sequence where Spear and Fang made the fire circle was really cool.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely nothing in that episode worked for me. It felt tedious, the first-person segments looked way worse than we're used to from Primal, the payoff was nonexistent (and I honestly think it would've been more gutsy/interesting without the reveal), it wasn't scary. Wasn't much of anything. Rare miss.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't quite get why Spear was itching to go fight the night feeder when it was out there slaughtering that herd of Ceratosaurs. Like was that him trying to be proactive about killing the thing he was really afraid of? Can't see a reason why he'd care about wanting to save its prey.

I have to think Spear has kind of a chip on his shoulder when it comes to fucking up creatures causing others harm, even if its just nature being nature. Maybe a form of PTSD after what happened to his and Fang's families and not wanting it to happen to others.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I wish they would've shown the killer before the final shot, but I respected how much it felt like the original Friday the 13th in that respect. And the scene were Spear upgrades to a flame weapon was great.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
While I am inclined to agree with the sentiment, I was a bit happy to see what it was:

The-skeleton-of-Therizinosaur-Therizinosaurus-cheloniformis-The-head-of-the-reptile_Q640.jpg

I was expecting a completely made up monster, but it was some sort of a Therizinosaur. When first fossils were discovered, scientists thought this thing had to have been a predator (they were a herbivorous genus of Tyrannosaurids with scary claws). It's clear that they took the initial idea of what the animal was and ran with it as a slasher villain.

Kinda cool.

Dino nerd appreciates.

:3

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
I liked this episode. mostly because I love Jaws-esque POV horror shots

anyone else think the night feeder is a werewolf'd version of that bug eater we see in the beginning? it kills animals but doesn't know how to eat meat so it leaves them and once the sun rises it feasts on the flies that are attracted to the corpses

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one with two episodes of Eric Andre on the DVR instead of this show tonight?

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Really enjoyed the season finale, very cool setup for Season 2. Thank goodness, the show has already been renewed.

Spear is not down with vegetables.

Funniest moment was Fang smelling how good food can be when you actually cook it. Mira -bless

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
WOW

Humanity as the main antagonist! Those arrows are going to be very hard to deal with in the upcoming season.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
That was Arabic with a Lebanese dialect.
Ha, very cool! I thought it sounded like Arabic, but second-guessed it because the idea of a real-world modern language seemed out of place in this fantasy. Figured it would turn out to be something dead like Akkadian or ancient Egyptian. Well, it worked well. Can't wait for next season!

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Real solid season finale. Can't wait to see where they go with this. I imagine next season will open with Spear and Fang trying to cross the sea.

OP
OP
Beedig

Beedig

Feb 10, 2018
I wonder how long the wait will be for more episodes. Curious if they'll continue the trend of 5 episodes a year. I hope we don't have to wait the usual Adult Swim wait which is like every 2 years for a new season of a show.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Damn what an ending. Real be curious to see what season 2 holds as it feels like it will have somewhat more of a narrative drive going off the final episode. I actually wonder if humanity is the enemy as Mira drew what looked to be a horned biped which could imply something supernatural.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Great finale and a nice setup for season 2.

Highlight of this run was the plague episode though. Holy crap that was terrifying

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I also enjoyed Fang's reaction to cooked food. When she's standing there in the woods staring was pretty funny.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
That was a hell of an episode and ending. The second half of this season was amazing, can't wait for season 3!

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
I wonder how long the wait will be for more episodes. Curious if they'll continue the trend of 5 episodes a year. I hope we don't have to wait the usual Adult Swim wait which is like every 2 years for a new season of a show.

Officially it's only one season but it feels like we experienced two seasons so far. Both parts ended with cliffhangers and I am ok with them continuing to do this.

Fang's near death experience left me feeling way worst than this ending but both are great.

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the last episode. God damn, I need more of this show like right now. So fucking good. Can't wait to see what the next season brings.

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting developments for this finale. Season 2 looks to be even crazier.

Hearing Spear speak was a big surprise.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
I had forgotten about this and just binge watched the entire 2nd half of Season 1. HNNNNNG. This is such a fantastic premise and everything is done so well. I found myself wishing a game had been made on this level.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Great stuff. Great ending. I guess I never considered Spear as a Cro-Mag? I thought he was regular human.

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not too hot on them introducing speaking characters. Having an advanced civilization that's mastered metallurgy and sailing also makes the setting feel less prehistoric or unique. I trust Genndy, tho, so I'm eager to see where he takes it.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Not too hot on them introducing speaking characters. Having an advanced civilization that's mastered metallurgy and sailing also makes the setting feel less prehistoric or unique. I trust Genndy, tho, so I'm eager to see where he takes it.

I'm sort of of the same opinion but I also believe the show could get stale if its just a lot of Fang and Spear taking on some prehistoric threat or danger every episode. The introductions of things like magic and civilization into the world will only allow for even more diverse and interesting stories to tell.

KimonoNoNo

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sort of of the same opinion but I also believe the show could get stale if its just a lot of Fang and Spear taking on some prehistoric threat or danger every episode. The introductions of things like magic and civilization into the world will only allow for even more diverse and interesting stories to tell.
You can already see some fatigue set in with Night Feeder being the weakest of the last three episodes.

I see it as Genndy and crew drawing from more examples of the pulp genre, like Conan the Barbarian than keeping to just One Million Years BC.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished binging this, I kinda forgot this was out for whatever reason lol

But yea, damn good episodes, though I agree with Night Feeder being the weakest. Favorite one was the Coven episode with the witches, and the finale having Spear speak had me shook af

Can't wait for S2

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished this.

That cliffhanger, though.

Beyond hyped for season 2. The finale was really enjoyable.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Damn what an ending. Real be curious to see what season 2 holds as it feels like it will have somewhat more of a narrative drive going off the final episode. I actually wonder if humanity is the enemy as Mira drew what looked to be a horned biped which could imply something supernatural.
My brother mentioned it being a pre-historic Aku.

Though I'd rather the show remain it's own thing.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
So as part of the Adult Swim Festival they streamed an episode of Primal, namely #8 The Coven of the Damned. The more interesting part was that behind the scenes look at Primal they showed afterwards. I don't know if this was shown off at Comic Con as well but the footage for Aaron LaPlante doing the recording of his work as Spear. Its amazing to see what he looks like recreating some of the roars.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017