• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That episode was fucking crazy in all the best ways. Seeing Spear being outright scared shitless of the zombie dino was pretty interesting as he's usually pretty reckless and throws himself into even crazy dangerous situations. That and his reaction to the zombie dino finally burning in the crater was rather melancholic, even outright sad.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait to make a thread about it till the season finishes but I have to say that this might be the boldest, most striking and effective pieces of TV, not just animation mind you, I've seen in the last decade, perhaps even longer. Its not just the lack of spoken dialogue either but the entire package that creates something so incredibly evocative while still being pulpy as can be. We just don't see TV like this and I think this solidifies Genndy as one of the premiere creative forces out there.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
1st half reminded me of Primal Rage with the dino on dino violence.

2nd half was like a Terminator dino continuing to stalk Fear/Spang.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Mesmerizing episode! Everything was so good, the animation and art were gorgeous.
Very intense, and felt really bad for the zombie dino :(
You could see in a lot of scenes that he was crying. I wonder if it's because his conscious was still intact and that virus seized control of his body, or those weren't actually tears and just body fluids.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mesmerizing episode! Everything was so good, the animation and art were gorgeous.
Very intense, and felt really bad for the zombie dino :(
You could see in a lot of scenes that he was crying. I wonder if it's because his conscious was still intact and that virus seized control of his body, or those weren't actually tears and just body fluids.

I think it was just various fluids leaking from its rotting body. Though the initial infected dino's eye did seem to return to normal as it finally died. Would have been cool to see the chain reaction of infections leading up to were the actual episode started.

OP
OP
Beedig

Beedig

Feb 10, 2018
I noticed next week's episode has a sexual rating on it. Are these witches going to get freaky?

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Link

I figured everyone would enjoy this rather lengthy in depth look at the creation of Primal including several of the creative leads as well Genndy himself.

OP
OP
Beedig

Beedig

Feb 10, 2018
I watched some of that a few days. They are already hyping me up for season 2.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Adult Swim had a bump that is a callback to that Dexter's Lab episode where he brings a cavemen to present times.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Randomly got recommended a reaction to the zombie episode though its from a few months back. His reactions are pretty good and he seems to be fairly knowledgeable about dinosaurs in general which was a nice touch. Apologies if he is some shitty youtuber in advance.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tonight's episode

Coven of the Damned

A tribe of mysterious, primitive women seek to further their coven by using dark magic on Spear and Fang.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
It's the Sisters of Aku, if they were witches instead of assassins.

Oh no Fang, out of the frying pan last episode, and now into the fire for this one.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I was hyped for this show when it was first announced, but I'd pretty much just forgotten about it. I'm going to start watching tonight!

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
That was great, though I think the ending of last weeks episode had more impact, while this episode as a whole was more depressing, but in a good way.

Last edited:

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally able to sit down and watch the episode and they continue to knock this out of the park every week. Was not expecting to have to rewatch some of the harder hitting moments in the series all over again but even less so time traveling magic and crazy shapeshifting.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just watched all episodes and really loved it!
That zombie dinosaur... Wow!
This series deserves much more attention.

Last edited:

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't know this was back. Was confused when I saw Amanda Troop (Brandon Jones from EZA's wife) tweet about being voicing the coven.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Genndy and crew showed a short clip of episode 9 during their Comic Con panel. Its not even 10 seconds but holy shit!

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Episode 9 coming up in a few minutes.

The Night Feeder

A horrific unseen terror stalks the night as well as our heroes, Spear and Fang.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
idk that might have been the first dud for me. Was just kind of dull and the whole "omg we're being hunted/chased by __" setup is starting to feel stale.