• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ahdurian

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mont...ning-mass-at-saint-joseph-s-oratory-1.5067335

Montreal police are at the scene after a priest was stabbed during morning mass at Saint Joseph's Oratory.

A man has been arrested and Father Claude Grou, rector of the oratory, was taken away by ambulance, according to Céline Barbeau, director of communications for the oratory.

The priest was lightly injured on his upper body, said Montreal police spokesperson Const. Caroline Chèvrefils.

A 911 call was made at 8:40 a.m., and the suspect was already being held by security when police arrived.

The suspect was taken into custody and will be interviewed by investigators later today, she said.

The suspect ran at the priest from the back of the rectory and attacked him with a sharp weapon, Barbeau said.
The injury was to the victim's chest, he said, but he could not say if there was more than one stab wound.

"He was stable when he was transported," Garneau said.

The attack was captured on a livestream and television broadcast by the Catholic channel Salt + Light.

man what is up with the world nowadays...

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Victim blaming and inflammatory conjecture over multiple posts
A priest eh? hmmm

Deleted member 34385

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 26, 2017

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So seemingly without any evidence whatsoever this topic kicks off with "he was probably stabbed cause he was a paedo"?

That's pretty shitty for someone just been stabbed.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Jesus christ you people are celebrating a man getting stabbed with no surrounding evidence. Incredible. I gotta get off this place for the day.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
What is up with some of you? A person got stabbed and we instantly go to blaming him because he is maybe a pedo with zero evidence? Hopefully he recovers quickly.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
what in the hell is wrong with you
Just to make it abundantly clear, I absolutely don't approve of the stabbing. Good lord. No.

Given the unbelievable situation of the Catholic church at the moment, having a thought that the motive behind it might be something very unfortunate isn't a huge leap. That has nothing to do with justifying the violence. No. The priest should never have been stabbed.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
(also known as JAQing off)

giphy.gif

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
In such an interconnected world I suppose violence on stream will become more and more common. Good luck to the priest

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus christ you people are celebrating a man getting stabbed with no surrounding evidence. Incredible. I gotta get off this place for the day.
It seemed more to me like speculating on a possible motive than celebrating it happening. Speculating, assuming, internet detective-work though... It doesn't really do anyone any good and can get the wrong people and things blamed and ruin reputations. The motive just isn't particularly important this soon and more information is probably still to come anyway.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
"The attack was captured on a livestream and television broadcast by the Catholic channel Salt + Light "

So even after the livestream, the channel was like "We need something to fill this timeslot! No reruns!"

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
How I feel about this depends pretty heavily on the motive. For now, hope he gets well soon.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Seems broad generalization is totally cool when turned against some religious groups here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Something similar happened months ago in a different building but with my religion. Poor guy was shot while he was attending with his family by an opponent during an election. Extremely tragic since he didn't even see it coming and it was during a church session.