• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to play as the Phoenix Suns and not suck... It would be glorious please don't let me down game.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With all the microtransaction bullshit in it, it'd probably benefit 2K to charge this price for it, and it's warranted.

Tryxx

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Lol this is hilarious was planing to buy it soon for the career mode as it's actually pretty fun and I just got it for the price of a morning dunkin coffee.

Thanks op!

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bought, why not? At least if it's on Gold or Gamepass in the future you fully own it this way.

And its $3.00. Thats like 10 days of Bing rewards.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I dont know how to play Basketball (aside from just throw the ball inside the hoop) and bought it. Hope there is a tutorial XD

Camp1nCarl

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's a mistake, NBA2k16 or 17 was offered for free via PS Plus one year during the NBA Finals as well if memory serves correct.

Naru

May 11, 2019
That should be the standard price for NBA2K. I would even buy some micro transactions that way....

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't really seem like a price error. We're late in the sports game cycle so the games go very cheap now. NHL 19 is free with Gold.

Do note that the NBA 2K games are awful microtransaction hells now.

Hzsn724

Nov 10, 2017
I just bought NBA Live '96 cib on Genesis for $1 today. I guess I'll grab this for $3 on Xbox. Weeeeeird.

OP
OP
MauroNL

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Doesn't really seem like a price error. We're late in the sports game cycle so the games go very cheap now. NHL 19 is free with Gold.

Do note that the NBA 2K games are awful microtransaction hells now.
I doubt it. Both NBA 2K17 and 2K18 haven't gone lower than $19.80 (67% off), so this is a huge difference. Don't think any game has gone 95% off on Xbox Live either.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
$2.99 is way too arbitrary to be a price point. My guess is they tried to switch it to $29.99 for the finals and lost a digit somewhere in the codebase.

WyLD iNk

Oct 27, 2017
Here, duh.
I dont know how to play Basketball (aside from just throw the ball inside the hoop) and bought it. Hope there is a tutorial XD

It's one of the most popular sports. Even if it doesn't, there's going to be endless amounts of tutorials online on everything from basic rules to player stats.

Dive in. Basketball is good fun. But hey, if you like this, make sure you try out NBA Jam On Fire Edition. It's basketball distilled to the best parts, and plays like a highlight reel. I've poured more time into that series than any basketball sim could ever hold me for.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
It's one of the most popular sports. Even if it doesn't, there's going to be endless amounts of tutorials online on everything from basic rules to player stats.

Dive in. Basketball is good fun. But hey, if you like this, make sure you try out NBA Jam On Fire Edition. It's basketball distilled to the best parts, and plays like a highlight reel. I've poured more time into that series than any basketball sim could ever hold me for.
Is it like NBA Playgrounds? Because for some reason I just found out I own that on steam (god help me, I need to stop buying games and not playing them) XD

WyLD iNk

Oct 27, 2017
Here, duh.
Is it like NBA Playgrounds? Because for some reason I just found out I own that on steam (god help me, I need to stop buying games and not playing them) XD

Yeah. It's pretty similar.

That's actually my dilemma with this price point. It's so good, and I know that if I bought it and actually played it that I'd have a good time. But I'm just so backlogged to hell.

I mean, I just got Sonic Mania and Borderlands Handsome Collection on PS Plus, so I'm going to be balls deep there until who knows when. I poured 2000 hours into BL2 on the 360. Like I needed the addiction back. Then to add another time sucker on top of that?

I'm trying to have a fucking life, goddammit. And then price "glitches" like these happen, and I sit here biting my lip with my finger hovering over the buy button.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game is $19.99 for PS4 on Amazon right now. Makes me wonder if this $2.99 is on purpose but even if it is this is quite a steal.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Checked US store through the Android app, and mine says purchased 06/11/2017, wtf lol. Never bought a basketball game in my life.

Pushed it to install on my X1, will check later.

Edit: changed back to UK in app, and still shows up as purchased in 2017.

Jameson

Nov 23, 2017
2k19 is part of the free play weekend trial, So I guess that's probably why there's an error in the price.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
still up, but I can't get it as it's usa & having trouble adding tax or something & won't except PayPal, misguided be my end

Last edited: