• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
If anyone was wondering- I got a refund earlier in the day but the whole game showed up on my account too with the soundtrack. I guess the advantage is that since I only "pre-ordered" the DLC that's all that got refunded and that I don't have access to.

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
I'm legit surprised EA actually honoured their fuck up. I was expecting them to make the excuse that it was a bug in the launcher and what we bought was the DLC so that's what we got.
Honestly I respect them a bit more for this, they didn't owe us anything but they still came through.

Well to be fair my respect for EA was 0/10 and now it's like 2/10 but still... progress!

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
tell me about it man, i was walking driving down the street in America today and the EA cops were chasing me shooting at me while eating Big Macs, I had to throw $20 in tips at them to get them to stop and promise them a free round of Healthcare on me
I get your ironic jest, but the US does have some pretty fucked up legal systems. There's a reason why we think you all just sue each other over here in Australia.

rostad

Oct 27, 2017
I thought EA played me and bought it on steam too just to read this thread today and seeing the 3 dollar game in my collection working.

I bought a cdkey so non-refundable on steam.

First time I get to own the system I still paid in the end because my lack of patience.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
This is bizzare...

They sell games, we buy games. We just don't care, rightly, about taking advantage of a price error on a product from such a huge corporation that has no qualms with taking advantage of their customers.

It isn't a difficult thing to understand.
And besides, I think everyone involved knew that if the thing didn't work out, that this was a possibility and there's no real argument against it.

Fact is that people saw game for $3 and used their right to purchase at the price stated.

The arguments in this thread are weird. If a company posts a price of an item and they don't want to honour it, they're fully allowed to but also, there's no law against attempting to purchase at the stated price.

Comparing it to the buying side using fraud to change a price is utterly ridiculous.

And before people call me "not much better than a pirate" or what the fuck ever people think this is, I subbed to EA Play Pro to play this and thus didn't have this as an avenue anyway!

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Getting this game for £3 has helped me feed my kids for the next week. I'm no criminal.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
Sometimes I wonder if these things happen on purpose... It almost always happens with games that aren't really anticipated. Like, if they don't think a game will have great sales they'll do this, leave it until they notice people are spreading the news, and "fix" it after a little while. Get cheap copies out there, those people who paid next to nothing will want to play it right away because "heh, $3 day one" and they'll spread their opinions of the game. More people talking about it means more exposure. Plus the price error itself was also more exposure.

Or these things just happen.

jesterkap2

Oct 28, 2017
Sometimes I wonder if these things happen on purpose... It almost always happens with games that aren't really anticipated. Like, if they don't think a game will have great sales they'll do this, leave it until they notice people are spreading the news, and "fix" it after a little while. Get cheap copies out there, those people who paid next to nothing will want to play it right away because "heh, $3 day one" and they'll spread their opinions of the game. More people talking about it means more exposure. Plus the price error itself was also more exposure.

I had a similar thought. It got me to log into EA desktop for the first time and got me to play Biomutant when it wasn't even on my radar before. It also got this lengthy thread and got Wario64 tweeting about Biomutant way more than he would have otherwise.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
Well.... ya i got the game for 3 dollars, but its terrible lol.

The controls are soooooo bad. Time to get my 3 bucks back.

whatsarobot

Nov 17, 2017

I like this interpretation.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed what little bit I played last night (on M/KB no less!) and I'm looking forward to digging into it this evening.

...I also want to campaign for the $3 Bioterroist tag. Safely. I don't want to catch a ban, but I DO want that tag.

Who do I need to ask? Slayven I'll ask you. LOL (Just kidding...unless you're going to think about it.)

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Still kinda salty I bought this on Xbox before it started working on PC lol at least I'm digging it so far.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Actually enjoying this game a lot an hour in. I would never have tried it if not for this error.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, I made a similar point earlier in this thread... not so much about the potential deliberateness of it, but the fact that this gets more people playing it now who likely would not have or were on the fence if the price has stayed at $60 (and then would have avoided after reviews, etc.). That keeps the game being talked about, and there are folks already in the OT and here who are coming away from it with a more positive impression of it, which may convert to new sales.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Look Activision, that's how you do it instead of whining at Sony to refund all people who got CoD Cold War for 5€/ $10 and cutting access.

IGotPaid

Nov 7, 2017
Glad I told support yesterday to not refund my copy. Kinda. Impressions aren't motivating me to install.

Bioterrorists win.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think you're being sarcastic so I'm not going to give you a serious reply.
i just dont think you need to defend the megacorp for people buying a game at an erroneous price and getting it honored by said megacorp. like its not even remotely piracy because they spent money on it, they benefitted from a mistake.

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i just dont think you need to defend the megacorp for people buying a game at an erroneous price and getting it honored by said megacorp. like its not even remotely piracy because they spent money on it, they benefitted from a mistake.
My dad works at this "megacorp" so I have a bit of a personal stake in it. I hope he still has a job next month.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
This is the same thing as piracy

Is it? Is it really?

I thought pirates don't pay for anything.
source.gif

Aye, mate. It's a pirate's life for me, I guess. Can Angie put an eyepatch on my avatar, please? LOL

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Even if this didn't work, the $3 is still worth it. This thread is pure gold.