• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Now, now, don't be mad at Twinsun. He is right, you know; because of us, Andrew Wilson won't get a bonus next year.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Just checked and it still says I have the standard edition preordered. I prayed about it and confessed to taking advantage of the price error but God didn't answer so it looks like I'm going to hell guys :(. Eternal damnation for a 6/10 game. FML

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Now, now, don't be mad at Twinsun. He is right, you know; because of us, Andrew Wilson won't get a bonus next year.

Hahaha, Oh no, you're right and it's awful. The man who literally started the fifa ultimate team loot box bullshit and due to how well it ripped off people and made insane amounts of money was chosen to be the CEO of EA, which has since made sure to add that shit into any game they possibly can won't be able to afford a new boat this year. I can't believe anyone would steal that chance from him by making ea have to pay a pub/developer the consumers cut of a game instead of their own tiny cut. How will he ever manage to have a good year now.

I'm actually glad people are mocking the silly take that we should feel bad about taking advantage of a price error because ea would have 0 issues with fucking over a consumer due to an error or any bs reason they could get away with. As I've said, it isn't our job as consumers to give a fuck about ea and their wallets when they fuck up. Our sole job as consumers is to get the best we can for our money. The consumer mindset has been set out of whack in so many places due to the stupid capitalism propaganda that is pushed on people that they honestly think corporations have feelings or we should feel bad for them.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe this is just a 'glass is half-full' take, but based on the reviews and the review thread, it'll probably work to EA's advantage if they let this pricing error slide. If a percentage of folks who got it at this price end up liking it and talk about it positively as a result (and thus it encourages others to take a second look and buy it), that will end up being a good thing for the game, even if it's not a monetary one for them initially.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Still says Pre-Ordered on my account but I figured I'd be able to preload it by now considering it launches tomorrow.

What a $3 ride this is!

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
This is bizzare...

They sell games, we buy games. We just don't care, rightly, about taking advantage of a price error on a product from such a huge corporation that has no qualms with taking advantage of their customers.

It isn't a difficult thing to understand.

So nothing else mattered as long as you got yours?

This thread feels really gross to me.

Miyahon

Nov 8, 2017
Still says I preordered the game and to preload before launch but the game launches tomorrow at 10AM for me. I guess we will see if it works.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
I've seen it mentioned in a few places that there isn't a preload for the PC version for some reason.

Ah. Well, tomorrow is nearly here.

So nothing else mattered as long as you got yours?

This thread feels really gross to me.

Personally speaking that is not what this is about.

I am not one to take advantage of many things. I prefer my society ordered. I play by the rules.
I even purchase games I like on multiple systems.

However, EA can cancel the preorders if they prefer.
Furthermore, EA takes advantage of gamers, developers, the industry as a whole, and *gasp* the American tax system.
In this case I feel no guilt in attempting to purchase a game I had interest in but would have skipped otherwise due to middling reviews and a lack of commitment.
If EA chooses to let this preorder go through then I will play this game, hopefully enjoy it, tell others that I enjoyed it, and perhaps even purchase it on another system later.

You may feel this is an example of the worst humanity has to offer.
You even have the right to believe that.
But you are wrong.

BigDaddyCool

Nov 29, 2020
User Warned: Trolling
image0.png

🤔

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
Hope we get to keep the deal, but it still feels random if we will be allowed to keep these preorders. Oh well.

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of corporate bootlicking that happens on this site will never cease to amaze me. Some people got a game for cheap and EA will foot the bill. A miniscule drop in a very large bucket. Congrats to those who got a great deal on the game!

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
My preload isn't until 1pm so 12 hours for me lol
It doesn't unlock for another 12 hours.

yes, i fucked up. But hey good news! If you move the time forward a day the download button appears and lets you choose an installation path. Problem is there is nothing to pull data back so it just says 0.00 size atm. Most likely due to the fact that the download servers are not online yet

But it seems like this was legit

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honest question: why not take a half-step further and print fake UPC codes to get the game for $3 at Walmart?
This whole whining over getting this game at $3 just makes it seem like you're mad because you missed out. EA has every right to cancel all the orders and refund people. If they don't refund, that should be telling that EA doesn't give a shit and it's a drop in the bucket.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Honest question: why not take a half-step further and print fake UPC codes to get the game for $3 at Walmart?

Yes because that's totally the same....no what's the same is walmart accidently putting games up at incorrect prices and people rushing to get them.....which shockingly happens all the damn time and we have era threads on it often. No one cares then either, why? Because we are consumers and we aren't meant to give a fuck what billion dollar corporations think. We are meant to in fact focus on getting the best deal we can, not care if the billionaires keep making vast sums of money.

You really are trying to argue and make people feel guilty that they got a game, ea would have to pay the consumers share of the game cost and don't understand why people say it's a stupid take? Sorry I don't feel sorry that ea have to cover costs of consumers who took advantage of the billion dollar company fucking up, like ea doesn't give a fuck when they fuck over consumers any chance they can.

Some people need to understand that it isn't customers jobs to give a fuck about how much a corporation makes out of you. It isn't our job to care when they fuck up and it isn't our job to feel guilty when they do. Do you think if the role was reversed ea would care? Why should we have to live by some moral code while they don't? All that comes from that shit take is the system we have ended up with where they have all the control over everything and we get fucked daily by corporations. But sure continue to live by your moral code and kindly leave others to live by theirs where they don't bow down and put corporations above themselves.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bruh trying to lecture is in another thread talking about flipping next gen systems for cash when he needed to.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Bruh trying to lecture is in another thread talking about flipping next gen systems for cash when he needed to.
You were not joking, lol.

Then you and I have vastly different moral compasses and will likely not be able to find common ground on this one.
I was flipping systems while unemployed. Now that i found a job again I am buying them to sell at cost to friends and family. I am weirdly pretty good at getting systems.

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC

Yep. I fed my two kids after getting laid off by selling consoles to consenting adults. That is totally the same thing as exploiting pricing errors at a store for entirely selfish reasons.

B sure to ignore the part where I was helping people get systems in the thread and getting systems for friends at cost once I was able to feed my family.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
I'm not entirely convinced this was EA's fault and will be eaten by them (and fully compensating the pub/dev).

On Steam or Gog, prices are set by the developer/publisher. You gotta be real careful what you put where, and putting the price of the pre-order DLC into box for the pre-order of the game seems like the type of rookie mistake a new company would do.

Now maybe EA's platform is different, I don't have experience with it.

Not to say you should care about Biomutant's devs/pubs. I just think it's not perfectly clear to say they are getting their dosh whilst EA suffers.

Some people need to understand that it isn't customers jobs to give a fuck about how much a corporation makes out of you. It isn't our job to care when they fuck up and it isn't our job to feel guilty when they do. Do you think if the role was reversed ea would care? Why should we have to live by some moral code while they don't? All that comes from that shit take is the system we have ended up with where they have all the control over everything and we get fucked daily by corporations. But sure continue to live by your moral code and kindly leave others to live by theirs where they don't bow down and put corporations above themselves.

Ehhhh...i kinda disagree with this in comparison to this specific example. If you go to Walmart or Amazon or any other giant mega-corp and buy a Queen sized set of sheets and get them home and put them on your bed and realize they are the wrong size (your mistake) you can take them back and the mega-corp will give you your money back or exchange them for the size you need.

They easily could say "fuck you, buy a second set of sheets, not our problem" but they don't. They aren't your friends, but they operate on a set of rules (usually) that benefits the customer.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not entirely convinced this was EA's fault and will be eaten by them (and fully compensating the pub/dev).

On Steam or Gog, prices are set by the developer/publisher. You gotta be real careful what you put where, and putting the price of the pre-order DLC into box for the pre-order of the game seems like the type of rookie mistake a new company would do.

Now maybe EA's platform is different, I don't have experience with it.

Not to say you should care about Biomutant's devs/pubs. I just think it's not perfectly clear to say they are getting their dosh whilst EA suffers.
EA Desktop is not where the price was set, it was set on origin which had the correct price.

EA Desktop is in BETA, it is an alternate launcher atm, EA are the ones who made the error.

Ehhhh...i kinda disagree with this in comparison to this specific example. If you go to Walmart or Amazon or any other giant mega-corp and buy a Queen sized set of sheets and get them home and put them on your bed and realize they are the wrong size (your mistake) you can take them back and the mega-corp will give you your money back or exchange them for the size you need.

They easily could say "fuck you, buy a second set of sheets, not our problem" but they don't. They aren't your friends, but they operate on a set of rules (usually) that benefits the customer.
Sorry, but this is bullshit. They only offer those things because it benefits them in the long run and/or they are forced to via regulations.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Consenting adults. Yeah they consented to pay $200 extra out of kindness of heart and not because scalper fucks grabbed all the consoles and left them with no choice.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
EA Desktop is not where the price was set, it was set on origin which had the correct price.

EA Desktop is in BETA, it is an alternate launcher atm, EA are the ones who made the error.

Maybe, but we don't really know.

Sorry, but this is bullshit. They only offer those things because it benefits them in the long run and/or they are forced to via regulations.

It benefits them in the long run because problems that benefit the customer makes them more likely to shop there. I don't know how it's bullshit, it's reality.

What was proposed was that these corps will screw customers any chance they get, and in the chance that a customer made a mistake, that a corp would smile and happily make it favour themselves instead of the customer. But most of the time...that's not true at all. They eat all kinds of costs that benefit the customers so that they will be happy to shop there in comparison to some other place that won't/can't afford to eat costs at the customer's behest.

EDIT - For a specific EA example - i'm pretty sure they were the FIRST digital distributor on PC that allowed refunds on games with less than X amount of play time if they didn't perform satisfactorily on the user's PC (pre- Steam Australia lawsuit). I think they had some sort of stipulation about how the user would have to contact EA support and try some basic troubleshooting, but it was a first in the PC space that was primarily a benefit to consumers.

VermillionA

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 29, 2019
Yep. I fed my two kids after getting laid off by selling consoles to consenting adults. That is totally the same thing as exploiting pricing errors at a store for entirely selfish reasons.

B sure to ignore the part where I was helping people get systems in the thread and getting systems for friends at cost once I was able to feed my family.
Nah, it's far worse. You preyed on desperate people who couldn't buy the console because folks like you bought all the stock to scalp.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017

take your L and leave. maybe use some of that money you made flipping consoles to buy this game since you're so mad you missed out.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe, but we don't really know.
Yes. we do. It is just a portal to origin atm, just an alternative way to access it.

It benefits them in the long run because problems that benefit the customer makes them more likely to shop there. I don't know how it's bullshit, it's reality.

What was proposed was that these corps will screw customers any chance they get, and in the chance that a customer made a mistake, that a corp would smile and happily make it favour themselves instead of the customer. But most of the time...that's not true at all. They eat all kinds of costs that benefit the customers so that they will be happy to shop there in comparison to some other place that won't/can't afford to eat costs at the customer's behest.
It's a bullshit comparison because they are not doing it out of kindness, they are doing it because it works for them for profit or because they are forced to.

Given the chance, they will screw you yes. This is how they make their billions.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Yes. we do. It is just a portal to origin atm, just an alternative way to access it.

Oh, what do we know?

It's a bullshit comparison because they are not doing it out of kindness, they are doing it because it works for them for profit or because they are forced to.

What does kindness have to do with any commercial transaction between a customer and company?

What does it have to do with this conversation?