• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
I'll check it out.

Should I uninstall Origin then?

I'm not sure if they fixed this yet but cloud saves from Origin don't currently sync with the EA Desktop app atm. I thought I could continue my EA Play version of Mass Effect Andromeda during the Origin days but nope. Don't uninstall it until they fix the cloud saves issue (unless that's not an issue for you if you're starting a game fresh)

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
just did it and app says i preorder the game.
Yeah, just did it too. It even displays the error on EU with euro prices. Got it for 2,99€ and after restarting the app it doesn't show up in my collection, but the store page says that I pre-ordered the Standard Edition.

Let's see if this will go through. If not, then I'll refund.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
On the EA Desktop, click on "Profile". It will list the games you own on it. In my case, BFV, Mass Effect Andromeda, SW Squadrons, and Biomutant.
That shows me the same games as "My Collection" which contains a bunch of games I do own (but in no way all of them), games I have with EA Play (again, not all of them), and no Biomutant.

What a mess.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldnt worry about it, pretty sure no company is crazy enough to pocket your $3 here and plenty have given out free games for less.

The DLC is literally not purchasable right now, it's only sold in a bundle with the full game. 100% an error, nothings happening besides a refund or the full thing. Just wait and see. It doesn't really matter if the DLC was intended to be sold for $3 down the line, not what happened here.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
even more weird. Origin will not show you owning it but a pre-order button for $59.99 but you can't buy any DLC for it.

Then you have EA Desktop with the ability to purchase the game at $2.99 but says DLC in receipt. But EA Desktop says standard edition pre-ordered lol.

EA is so broken and unorganized.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
It's the first time I'm getting in on one of these pricing errors, usually they're all gone by the time I get a wind of them.
If it works I'll be happy, if it doesn't then I'm out of 3$ which is 🤷‍♂️.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Said I bought the DLC on the buy screen but after I bought it said I pre-ordered the Standard Edition. I guess we'll see in the coming days.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
The previews for the game didn't immediately appeal to me, but for under $3, might as well take the plunge.

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
took the plunge for $4.65 will join you in spending pennies if it turns out its dlc and if i feel that cheap i'll just refund haha nice find op

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
I got it too. If it does just end up being the DLC I'll get a refund through PayPal since the store page told me I was pre-ordering the game.

Jun 1, 2018
Upland
I'm not sure if they fixed this yet but cloud saves from Origin don't currently sync with the EA Desktop app atm. I thought I could continue my EA Play version of Mass Effect Andromeda during the Origin days but nope. Don't uninstall it until they fix the cloud saves issue (unless that's not an issue for you if you're starting a game fresh)

Is this for certain games only? I started SW Fallen Order on Origin, moved to EA Desktop and I was able to continue my game no problem.

Big_Erk

Oct 27, 2017
Chief's Kingdom
biomutant.jpg

This is what I see.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Is this for certain games only? I started SW Fallen Order on Origin, moved to EA Desktop and I was able to continue my game no problem.

I'm not sure. I haven't used EA Play on EA Desktop since around launch time when I ran into that issue and Mass Effect Andromeda was the only game I tried. If you look on the public roadmap for the EA Desktop app, you can see that "backup cloud saves" is still in the 'Things We're Exploring' section

Trello

Organize anything, together. Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards. In one glance, know what's being worked on, who's working on what, and where something is in a process.

wvan13

Oct 25, 2017
This just via the desktop app? I'm at work for another 6/7 hours and only have my phone.

Crowh

Nov 20, 2017
I bought Fallen Order for like $2 some time ago on Steam due to an error and that went well, hopefully this one does too.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Most companies honor things like this because it''s an error on their end and the little loss they'll get is better than the outrage from people not getting it.

See: Warframe's Steam Bug fiasco where they sold a $140 DLC pack for Free.
If it were Steam, or maybe another service, maybe. EA? I don't have a huge amount of faith in their consumer friendliness.

Hopefully they honor it, just won't be surprised in the slightest if they don't.

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
Really wanted to load this up on PS5 at some point, but for $2.99 I'll gladly play this on my old ass GPU. Shows I've pre-ordered standard edition also, hope it holds!

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
The fact they stopped people being able to purchase it hopefully means we didn't just buy DLC and they realised it.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
I paid $3 for it, but will likely wait until a Steam sale and buy it for like 10 times that. Launcher wars are something else.