• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The right wing media cycle:

"The Atlantic is lying."

Then

"That's not actually what Trump meant."

Then

"So what if he said it?"

Then

"Soldiers are antifa losers who can't get real jobs"

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Ah now this I could see actually harming the Teflon bastard.

The war vet crowd seems like an obvious hotbed for Trump support

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
it is good to have a reminder that even if he organises a revolt, at least the military won't be on his side.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
His people got out in front of this one quickly. There has to be something to this.

They knew the story was coming so he decided to do the whole "vote twice" stuff, "take one for the team", Barr running on CNN. He and his team always flood the news with BS and lies when these stories come up.

Lookout for a "maybe I don't leave office" tweet or some Other shiny object over the next day.

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
It will be interesting for a nation that worships its military, for all the Trump supporters contort themselves to suddenly agree that war dead are losers and start saying they suddenly proudly don't support their military?
I can't warp my logic enough to how they will agree with him and still support/not support it

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Considering, generally how people in America love the military and such and the GOP is the party of military and "law and order".. blows my mind people still want to vote for them and Trump when he says shit like this.

Like even why? What is it that Trump does in the eyes of these ppl that is worth throwing everything else under the bus?

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I remember hearing about Trump not wanting to go to funeral ceremonies for soldiers who were killed overseas and similar type of normal stuff that the President does to honor soldiers who sacrificed for the country. It makes sense that it's not just because he is selfish but because he has contempt for them. He definitely has publicly made similar statements about McCain getting captured.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Considering, generally how people in America love the military and such and the GOP is the party of military and "law and order".. blows my mind people still want to vote for them and Trump when he says shit like this.

Like even why? What is it that Trump does in the eyes of these ppl that is worth throwing everything else under the bus?
Racism
And making rich people richer

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's the racism.

iRtrBOr_d.webp

Always was.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA

Don't forget that the GOP are constantly trying to dismantle the VA and take other measures to limit or refuse medical and mental health care to veterans, while Democrats push for improvements and expansion. The GOP make no secret of it - they seem proud of it at times.

And yet, republican voters still take all of the other bait. It is amazing how many opposing ideas a conservative can have comfortably have sitting in their head at at any given moment.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't seem confident. Lots of receipts. Trying so hard to dance around it in is those tweets, he didn't write them.

Strong Island

May 11, 2020
I love seeing Trump squirm. His way out is to say he "approved" McCain's funeral as if he was the sole authorization for it. Ridiculous. Can't wait till Trump becomes permanent Florida man

T-800

Oct 30, 2017

The average Trump voter probably hasn't watched the news since he was elected. They never hear about this stuff directly a bit like the average gamer has no idea what E3 is/was.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"to bring his body, in casket, to Arizona"

Yeah, that phrasing is way too eloquent for something Trump wrote. Sometimes they make it so easy to see which tweets were written by his aides and which ones were feverishly typed out by his grammar-less thumbs at midnight.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
won't be a lasting scandal unless one of these sources go public or there's an audio recording. But have to hope that death by a thousand cuts continues working.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
John McCain's son-in-law Ben Domenech (also founder of The Federalist), defended Trump claiming he has "better sources" than Jeffery Goldberg and therefore his story is likely false.

I'm confident I have better sources within this White House than @JeffreyGoldberg, and I expect that upon investigation his anonymously sourced story will live up to the quality we can expect from The Atlantic under his leadership.

Meghan McCain for her part stated that Trump was a "vile and disgusting" man.

I just got through two years without my Dad a few days ago. The loss is still incredibly painful and raw. No one is more acutely aware of how vile and disgusting Trump has been to my family, it is still hard to understand – America knows who this man is…

This never stops being incredibly painful, triggering, and it rips off new layers of grief that wreak havoc on my life. I wouldn't wish any of it on my worst enemy. I truly pray for peace for my family, our grief, and for this country.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
John McCain's son-in-law Ben Domenech (also founder of The Federalist), defended Trump claiming he has "better sources" than Jeffery Goldberg and therefore his story is likely false.

And this is enough for trumpers to call everything else, no matter how many times it's said, fake news

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
The fact that Meghan still won't reveal who bankrolls her husband's propaganda rag or commit to voting against Trump makes the situation that much more ridiculous. Like if someone I knew was regularly shitting on my dad, it wouldn't matter if we liked the same football team.

Ben probably has a direct line to Trump and Kushner, but they aren't credible sources for a story about the admin's faults and failures.

Rogue74

Nov 13, 2017
Miami, FL

The simple answer is that they convince themselves he never actually said these things. They don't want to believe it's true, so they easily buy the Fake News narrative. The fact that the story comes from anonymous sources makes it easier for them to say it is simply made up.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Remember the same guy recently said "it is what it is" about 175,000 Americans dying from Covid. Just shows he has no remorse about anyone.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Cadet Bone Spurs would never say something like that.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
The conservative mantra of "RESPECT MUH MILITARY" is purely performative so this won't hurt him with them at all. They don't give a shit about soldiers, just like they don't give a shit about their religion beyond "he held the book and said God bless." They're a cult that only cares about propping up Trump because he hurts the people they don't like. That's it.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
More corroboration from the Washington Post, with new details:

A former senior administration official, who like others spoke on the condition of anonymity to speak candidly, confirmed to The Washington Post that the president frequently made disparaging comments about veterans and soldiers missing in action, referring to them at times as "losers."

In one account, the president told senior advisers that he didn't understand why the U.S. government placed such value on finding soldiers missing in action because they had performed poorly and gotten caught and deserved what they got, according to a person familiar with the discussion.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The conservative mantra of "RESPECT MUH MILITARY" is purely performative so this won't hurt him with them at all. They don't give a shit about soldiers, just like they don't give a shit about their religion beyond "he held the book and said God bless." They're a cult that only cares about propping up Trump because he hurts the people they don't like. That's it.

pretty much but the more light shined on their BS, the better. Screw them all.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
What over the last four years has made you think his cult would ever turn their back on him? That includes the military.

That there are a lot of anybody but Trump republicans in the military. Soldiers are bound to be more conversative consider the typical pro-military language of the GOP, but Trump isn't following that language.

im-226961

www.marketwatch.com

Trump is losing the support of the military, according to a new poll of active-duty troops

Recent results from a Military Times poll could signal trouble for Trump.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to piss on his grave.
If the government is smart they will charge for that attraction. It will help to pay for most of the debt that the bag of shit ran up over the past 4 years.

Americans have really sunk pretty low. Even if there was a recording of Trump saying that dead soldiers are losers it would probably make no difference in the minds of his supporters. Trump is always going to be a huge piece of shit but it will never stop being alarming to me how delusional a huge section of this country has become.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe one month into the disputed election results he'll finally have a heart attack from stress and keel over

That would be nice